17th August Progress

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by GeorgeV, Aug 18, 2013.

1. Dtho_47

Dtho_47 Star Wrangler

If so - I'll kill you ;)

2. Cuchilain

Cuchilain Phantasmal Quasar

You know what would actually make great bosses? People. Well geared people that resemble fights like Megaman. I mean of course they are AI, but im just sayin. . . You go into a dungeon that has a future base tile set, and at the end the boss is a robot that has an inviso belt, a pistol and a beam sword, and he does things youd expect a person to do, like jump over your head, cloak, and try to flank you. When you beat him, you access the console 'treasure' and BAM! you find the inviso belt specs. Cool boss huh yo?

And of course Gunther should be a boss. When you defeat him, you get to keep your soul. Thats all the reward you need for surviving or beating Gunther.

Showbiz and tassina like this.
  3. Oddlyinc

Oddlyinc Big Damn Hero

now i have the megaman theme in my head again.

tassina and Axe Garian like this.
  4. Shadowbolt

Shadowbolt Big Damn Hero

this post gave me an idea there should be a extremely rare dungeon full of crazy traps and very hard enemies and if you manage to get to the end you have to fight the devs one by one if you beat them all you get some awesome loot and tiys outfit which should give stupid amounts of defense and other buffs

5. Cuchilain

Cuchilain Phantasmal Quasar

Totes. Thats actually a really damn cool idea. Each of the devs has their favorite avatar represented as a mini boss. Or like some sort of meta event that recurs, where a 'bounty hunter' comes after you and its literally one of the devs avatars in their favorite gear. Woot. And Gunther.

tassina likes this.
  6. ThatMadCat

ThatMadCat Phantasmal Quasar

I still ruttin' love that Explosion Art! reminds me of the many hours I spent playing Solid Slug! Keep up the great work guys! :up: and sorry I won't be there to say thank you to you all in person at i49 :cry:

tassina likes this.
  7. draconon97

draconon97 Void-Bound Voyager

Very silly question, whats i49?

8. Dis

Dis Phantasmal Quasar

Such a tease. :badpokerface:

tassina likes this.
  9. carcrasher65

carcrasher65 Pangalactic Porcupine

(before 1.2) Terraria gave me 886+ hours of fun.... hopefully a good 400+ after 1.2
    This game is going to give me 9001+ hours of fun. Guaranteed.

EDIT:
    Insomnia Game Festival I guess.

tassina, Axe Garian and Lord Hatty like this.
  10. King Leonidas

King Leonidas Pangalactic Porcupine

has anyone noticed the monthly wallpaper is still the one for June?

tassina, Prymael and Axe Garian like this.
  11. Sir.drake

Sir.drake Cosmic Narwhal

Better art is great and less glitches is awesome.:poptop:

tassina, Prymael and Axe Garian like this.
  12. Crombo

Crombo Void-Bound Voyager

Damn you cropping software :(

13. Lusid

Lusid Pangalactic Porcupine

Well... That's not entirely true. All these bug fixes are coming because they want something for insomnia. If there was no insomnia, they would just likely be adding all sorts of things like they have been. The reason there is no beta is feature creep. They keep adding things to the list of things to do before release. And since they want all of these things in the game for beta, we get no beta likely until December. It's also the same reason Tiy's comment about how "if the build for youtubers is done and the beta are done together then they will be released together". That's all well and good, but what you work on is what gets done. This insomnia build being an example. If you stomp out all the bugs, will we get the beta? I would imagine not, because there are things that need to be added that are not being worked on since this is your aim. If youtuber copy is the next stop, that will finish before beta since the code fairy wont be making a visit to finish off everything else at the same time.

Sousuke Kuroda likes this.
  14. giraffupus

giraffupus Space Spelunker

Baha. I bet you feel rather smug about that. I approve.

Axe Garian likes this.
  15. Bazoril

Bazoril Void-Bound Voyager

"I may have cropped it too much." = i didn't want you to see the boss :p

Well played George... Well played.

16. Twig Arcane Empires

Twig Arcane Empires Sandwich Man

lol notice how the png. file for the screenshot is called 'dead'

17. SpikeX

SpikeX Subatomic Cosmonaut

lol :V

18. DiscontentWithTheSystem

DiscontentWithTheSystem Big Damn Hero

"We’re full steam ahead for i49! I hope to see you there."

Steam release confirmed.

19. The Slaxx

The Slaxx Yeah, You!

When was the livestream?

20. Menasor

Menasor Phantasmal Quasar

Thanks George you guys sure squashed some nasty bugs :metroid: . That looks like one nasty death, blown to bits, I am not sure I even want to face that boss now....:viking: I am not sure this ax will cut it...

Twig Arcane Empires likes this.