16th July Progress

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Tiy, Jul 17, 2013.

1. Xeravik

Xeravik Void-Bound Voyager

Can't wait for this game to come out! Younger bros told me about it, and I decided to take a look. I'm lovin' the art and the polish you guys are putting into the game before releasing beta. It's great that the lighting on each planet is adjusted to its location in they system.

2. KrimsonRed

KrimsonRed Void-Bound Voyager

I'll be honest, the thought of a laser bow gets me excited. That would be a pretty awesome addition to the weapon system.

Taso likes this.
  3. mathew118

mathew118 Orbital Explorer

Why does a planet VERY close to a red dwarf have life?

RubenFlonne likes this.
  4. cwolf042

cwolf042 Pangalactic Porcupine

Could be the star is slowly expanding into a red dwarf and soon to be eating it

5. LFPO8k

LFPO8k Subatomic Cosmonaut

nice to see you guys giving the game it's final touches, polishing everything and adding that realistic lightning according to the star so every planet feels different even on lightning aspect.

6. mooncats5

mooncats5 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Bows! At last <3 I was waiting for some info on them.

Is it me, or do the backgrounds look particularly beautiful lately? I know a few updates ago it was mentioned they were changed a bit (or something?), but I'm really starting to notice it now. God, who knew pixels could ooze so much atmosphere...? Well done!

Toryu-Mau and tassina like this.
  7. LastDay

LastDay Heliosphere

I'd love to see a snow planet with a permanent night and a red dwarf very near...
    Also yay for bob-ombs and bows!
    How about attaching bombs to bows? :)

Also I think that if you had high level bows made of high-tech materials that fire lasers or something they'd be pretty popular.
    Think of Wookiee Bowcasters.

Toryu-Mau, GrumpyMcfart and Mippy like this.
  8. AlecCItz

AlecCItz Void-Bound Voyager

I can't believe how excited I am for this game.

9. Mippy

Mippy Scruffy Nerf-Herder

while looking at the screen of the planet very close to his sun, i imagine how awesome it would be to have seasons!
    also it would be a great idea of sunburned forests during hot summers on planets too close to their sun!

10. SystemMega

SystemMega Poptop Tamer

Looking good guys, the detail is great. I think the deep colors of the light from the suns on close planets is good idea, I just hope to see some sweet looking systems with blue or green suns.

11. Dictionary

Dictionary Void-Bound Voyager

-drools- Wouldn't it be neat if there were natural disasters going about? You are happily mining away...Then a random earthquake appears, the screen shakes, and you click the wrong button and don't save.

Toryu-Mau likes this.
  12. Mippy

Mippy Scruffy Nerf-Herder

me hopes for some different elemental ammos :iswydt:
    like electro-bolts, exploding arrows or poisened darts, fire arrows, or pure energy-shots from an absolute scientific sci-fi-bow made of some shiny space-ores! :DD

13. KnaveSkye

KnaveSkye Aquatic Astronaut

I would say leave the harsh colors and create a head item capable of filtering the color that players can craft if it really bothers them.

Psyme, Toryu-Mau and RizzRustbolt like this.
  14. El Matador

El Matador Void-Bound Voyager

HA, bom-ombs!

15. Myturtles.oreo

Myturtles.oreo Void-Bound Voyager

Noo! Don't tone down the lighting it's cool that way! At least put a star lighting intensity option that lets you change it.

16. mastercheese332

mastercheese332 Astral Cartographer

Tiy, you're killing me with these updates, Please release the beta soon :'(

17. Stephen Chudley-Knight

Stephen Chudley-Knight Aquatic Astronaut

I like the coloured lighting aspect, though I agree it should be toned down a little. Keep it clearly noticeable, but not overpowering. Just have to strike a balance I guess.

Starbound is looking cooler and cooler! And it looked pretty damn awesome to begin with :D

Taso likes this.
  18. Pofinator

Pofinator Scruffy Nerf-Herder

So reeeed. And OMIGOSH bob-ombs!

19. SnakeX

SnakeX Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm really interested in seeing what other throwable items there are in the game. Grenades and bombs were a no-brainer, but I'm curious as to how creative the team got beyond those!

And before any of you get too into your special bow fantasies, do keep this part of Tiy's post in mind:
    So I would definitely not expect anything too crazy with bows. They're basically just going to exist for the purpose of giving players an early ranged weapon before they start getting guns. Which is how it should be anyway.

20. Weiland

Weiland Big Damn Hero

I'd not mind having access to some kick-ass bows for the rest of the game. Give them decent arrow physics and perhaps their own little procedural gen and voila.