15th of August, 2014: Dev Blog Nova

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by GeorgeV, Aug 15, 2014.

1. GeorgeV

GeorgeV Art Director

2. Akado

Akado Oxygen Tank

A few questions:
    1) Why is Clockwork so awesome and gentrified? It is awesome. And gentlemanly. Just like Cho'Gath.
    2) Does the Bandito helmet collect water during heavy rain?
    3) Why does the Wrangler set not include jeans?
    4) Do you foresee any PR crapstorms resulting from your use of a Glitch model to showcase the Bandito armor set?

[doublepost=42]Hopefully this doesn't break anything[/doublepost]Anyway, keep up the good work!

3. Giant Enemy Dinosaur

Giant Enemy Dinosaur Tentacle Wrangler

Ninja second post!
    EDIT: I like the western theme with it, is that a sombrero I spot also?

4. Lintton

Lintton Guest

Question about novakid armor design....

Why is there eyewear for them? I mean I would understand for the other races, but the kids don't got eyes to use them with!

Xobog, dawg911, DeadlyLuvdisc and 7 others like this.
  5. Lecic

Lecic Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

I love these! I feel like bandit will be a popular choice for a lot of people's cosmetic armor, regardless of race.

I'm pretty sure that's just how the eye slits of the armor look. I mean, I'm pretty sure rogue looks very similar to an eye type for Glitch, but no one is going to claim they used a glitch model for that.

Because it looks cool.

6. Akado

Akado Oxygen Tank

Hmm, I should have made it more clear I was attempting to grasp at straws and make a satirical rant about some trivial detail that suddenly I could not tolerate. Anyway, the armor looks great and he should feel great.

7. Joethecat

Joethecat Aquatic Astronaut

BONESAW is ready!

8. Tazmaniac95

Tazmaniac95 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Not a single one of them is in the gunslinger's pose......that's a bit disappointing. Love the armors though.

9. Zouleena

Zouleena Pangalactic Porcupine

*applauds whole-heartedly*

Kudos for moving forward in the classic old-westy feel. Bandito is fantastica, ariba!

Finn Learson and Revolt! like this.
  10. Oh geez, I love all of them. *-*

Most favorite would have to be the Bandito set.
    [​IMG]

11. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Rogue looks more like Cyclops to me :)

12. GeorgeV

GeorgeV Art Director

They're not all fully animated yet and this is the only pose that has all of them ready. I'd have done that otherwise.

Some things in Starbound are a mystery. The Novakid probably use a spyglass and hold it up to a theoretical eye. Some might even need eyeglasses. Why? That's like asking how a Goomba plays Baseball. It just does.

EDIT:
    But seriously, I kind of think they do have eyes. The're just not visible to us. If you covered roughly where their eyes should be with your hands I think they'd not be able to see :p. They seem to even have two of them just like the rest of us! Can't see their eyes kind of like a Turtle's ears. ;P

13. Яetrospekt

Яetrospekt Pangalactic Porcupine

What happened? I woke up in a pool of drool...

14. AlexanderTemple

AlexanderTemple Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Novakid kinds turning out pretty good. Though, I have to wonder, are they better than space pigeons...

15. Kerlous

Kerlous Aquatic Astronaut

It's a big job! But there is one such question, do not Novakid Cyclops?

Last edited: Aug 15, 2014
  16. Quantum Jump

Quantum Jump Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Very sexy armour! Keep up the good work guys!

17. Uzkniso

Uzkniso Big Damn Hero

I like the design(s) so far..

18. Christovski

Christovski Ketchup Robot

These are pretty awesome!

The coloration is a bit bland with so much black/brown, but the designs themselves are definitely cool.

19. Dr. Otaku-Sensei

Dr. Otaku-Sensei Phantasmal Quasar

That Rogue/Bandit mix will definitely be my Go-To set for the looks from now on...
    I still think the later armors are a little bit too detailed, but I'll manage. ;)

DeadlyLuvdisc likes this.
  20. Zebe

Zebe Space Kumquat

Great design with all the armors. Novakid have (currently!) the best racial armors of them all imo. Though other races have fine sets too, I can't pick a favorite from these!

I'd think having the eye/visor colors match the Novakid's color would be nice touch, but that probably would require a bunch of work for such a small change :/