RELEASED 15 x 15 Greenhouse

Discussion in 'Mods' started by wards_krypton, Mar 13, 2016.

1. BoffoBoy

BoffoBoy Existential Complex

the arrows are for guided npc's but hmm if you look at the map I linked up above paths are acting REALLY weird I mean like if I scroll the map, the paths scrolls too, they just keep going. There's entire areas I cannot even place the light bulb might be the map is corrupted?

This is the original glasshouse, I see light coming from the watering tub up top and screenshots show it is glowing but how do I make that water? there has to be another overlay I am not seeing to at least denote water?

NEVERMIND, I'm such a noob at this, ofc even if you cannot initially see paths layer it still has properties... Slams head into nearest wall for not thinking about it.

I still do not understand what denotes water.

Standard glasshouse.png

If you don't see the Fnord it can't eat you.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2016
    • dead1309

dead1309 Yeah, You!

Thanks for the help, guess i just have to deal with being warp in the middle of the field then, you have been a great help.

• dk2020

dk2020 Space Penguin Leader

Tile properties is where you define water. You can right click a tile to get it properties and then set: Name to Water and type T. It'll make that tile water. You can also set a tile via the tile index properties. Its your choice where you set it.

BoffoBoy likes this.
        • dsrules

dsrules Subatomic Cosmonaut

Is there a master list of tile Action Values out there? i.e BusTicket, Water, Minecart?

BoffoBoy likes this.
          • BoffoBoy

makes perfect sense, so used to seeing no info at all on properties I guess. The issue I see is that the standard glass house has no such properties like that over the watering tub

What layer needs this water T and I assume easiest is under custom?

• BoffoBoy

I'd imagine since bus ticket is a flag and not tied to map, there is no such thing, minecarts are unlocked so that might be hidden in exe, there's water.

Forage and other map garbage like berry bushes, trees ores etc are in paths under an icon you'd have to look at standard maps to figure out

Superior_s likes this.
              • dk2020

which ever layer you paint it on. Most of the maps I've seen with water, its defined in back layer where the water is painted/set. Its either in each water tile or its set in the tileset's tile index properties (choose the tile in the tile picker, scroll to the tile you're interested in, right click the tile in tile window and choose tile index properties and set it there, that way all tile you paint will get that properties. faster that setting each one if you are painting a giant map of water)

• BoffoBoy

I just found it ofc, last place to look; back layer. It's tied to the tile, not the toy that gives it. Oh nice tip on the window setting, I assume the game auto corrects that on it's own?

Thanks for being patient, this crap is opaque as all get up.

Ok so here, the hopefully final fully functional glasshouse that 2 mystery people and
                  Rubicant1982 downloaded. I fixed the lighting maybe it sucks, let me know if it does, the water works even though it prolly will only get one use ever...

If you want a version without the all the clutter I basically copy pasted let me know, I'll prolly use one without even the water, I'll see. I'll release this proper when I open glass house instead of clicking unpack pack for an ever growing set of dependencies. It's just so frustratingly fun!

20x20 glasshouse just how I said a 29x29 tile interior was gonna turn out better.

Ok hopfully this is the one, this is all a painful learning experience. updated again

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 26, 2016
                    Rubicant1982 likes this.
                  • Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

For people wishing to expand the greenhouse without running into warp issues:

Might I suggest adding a "door" at the back end, that has a warp that actually teleports you lower on the map?
                    Just make sure there is enough "empty space" that you cant see the "back room" when you go outside through the "front room" and nobody needs to know :p

The back room can then be any size or shape you want, because you control the entry warp completely.

BoffoBoy likes this.
                    • BoffoBoy

Hmm so wait, I walk into the glasshouse from farm land to the middle of the soil and what? I might not understand this at all but the issue is when coming in from the farm, not leaving the glasshouse.

Or wait.... are you implying that I move the entire glasshouse over like at least 25 in a tiles in the X so that one cannot see the play ground known as .....The Door?

Insert evil laugh

so uh any idea what safe clearance is without me making the map 100x 38y

really tempted to put an entire joja mart up there

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

looooool

What I meant is, is adding a door at the back end of the green house, that is a warp point to a second area elsewhere on the greenhouse map.
                        Because you control the second warppoint yourself, as long as you dont change the size of the default greenhouse 'room' then the player always ends up at the entry points.

As to where you put it, I would suggest at least 30 tiles of space between them, with the whole 75% zoom and the screen sizes these days, any less might not do...

• BoffoBoy

Plus another 50 for the jojamart. Again, I am prolly misreading you but there is no way in any kind of world is the greenhouse the same size as the original. I'm just gonna push the glass house 80 on over in the X and see if I cannot copy paste the joja mart into the room, brilliant idea!

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

As long as you keep the top of the default room at 0,0 on the map, then you can expand the width and height of the actual map as much as you want.

Warps dont have to go to other maps, they can go to the same map in a different location :p
                            (Say a exact copy, or not, of the greenhouse that isnt visible from the original...)

• Rubicant1982

Rubicant1982 Subatomic Cosmonaut

rock on! I have it downloaded to a thumb drive. Will try this out when I get home :3 will need to clean out my current green house though haha
                              or maybe I'll start a new game and just use a mod to get the greenhouse quicker :rofl:

• BoffoBoy

Ok well no joja and even the widest of screens will not see the black depths you arrive at. HOPEFULLY this is the last iteration of glasshouse from hell. I wish I had glasshouse open on an account to test this garbage myself.

ok need to update the old posts too.

Attached Files:

dsrules likes this.
                                • Rubicant1982

This one put me in a totally dark space after I drop it in the right location in Maps.

I tried both versions you posted both of them drop in to the void. I can run around but there is just nothing there. So maybe its a lighting issue? :rofl: if not maybe warp point is a little off :x

• Rubicant1982

dear lord I loaded yours just to look at it and .. OMG it took me like a hour in game just to run from one side to the other LMAO way to much... but totally awesome!

• dk2020

interesting attempt to get around the hardcoded greenhouse entry, one problem. Your map properties doesn't work. You need to put the warp all on one line. Just add to the end of the existing line. Also the map name is GreeenHouse, not GlassHouse. Once you do that, the player will still get warp into a black area, as soon as he/she moves forwarded your warp takes affect and into your greenhouse. Its a bit weird. Also will put all their existing stuff thats in the current greenhouse location into the black area and they can't access it. so they need to clear out the greenhouse before trying yours.

BoffoBoy and dem0z like this.
                                      • BoffoBoy

oh man geeze I needed sleep after that hell incarnate... Its been a long bit since I had to learn so much in one day and well words mutate, mutter mutter.

it needs to be one line right

I swear if I do not slam my head on things a bit I will never learn them.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Why are you moving the start? Just keep the original greenhouse map there, and add another door at the back of that, with a warp point leading you to the new greenhouse area.