RELEASED 15 x 15 Greenhouse

Discussion in 'Mods' started by wards_krypton, Mar 13, 2016.

1. dk2020

dk2020 Space Penguin Leader

warp points work like so:

From the map properties in custom properties: (example from your farm house)
    12 21 Farm 64 15

(12 21) are the X and Y coordinate of the current map you are looking at (door way of the house)
    (Farm) Map that you'll be Warping to (Farm map in this case)
    (64 15) X and Y coordinate on the Farm Map.

So in the GreenHouse Map. 10 24 warps you out to the Farm Map onto 28 16
    If you want to add more warp points just add it to the end with spaces between each sets( so adding
    20 20 GreenHouse 40 40 ) to the end of the warp line

would warp you from coordinate 20 20 in the greenhouse to 40 40 in the greenhouse when you enter squal 20 20 , I assume you know how to get the coordinate inside tide. In your case since you enlarge the greenhouse, you simply need to figure out the coordinate of the door way and change the first 2 number of the warp in the custom properties of the map to fit your new greenhouse to warp out. You should also change the warp for the farm map so you can warp into the door way if you care about where you warp into when entering the greenhouse thats why changing default entry way and stuff like that will mess up existing warp, not just in your map but related maps and also if there are event in those maps can mess them up.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2016
      BoffoBoy and Superior_s like this.
    • dead1309

dead1309 Yeah, You!

I can kind of understand what you getting at but the problem is the entry point, which is the door way into the green house is fixed in one place so the coordinate for entering/exiting into or out of the green house will always be the same which is X Y Farm 28 16 (X, Y are the coordinate that you will be warp into the green house). And yes i did edit my warp point for my green house as 10 71 Farm 28 16 but i still get warp in the middle of the green house no matter what i do.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

That warp point is controlled from the Farm side of things, you would need to change the Farm map itself in order to change that warp point.
        It is (in simpler terms) what dk2020 was talking about.

BoffoBoy likes this.
        • dk2020

Correct. The warp cordinate in the greenhouse map is for warping out. The coordinate in the farm map is for warping into the greenhouse. Since you resize the greenhouse, the door coordinate is now 10 71 instead of 10 24. You changed it in the greenhouse map to properly warp out of the greenhouse. Now go to the farm map and change the warp coordinates to say Greenhouse 10 72 (don't choose the same coordinate as your exit one or you'll never get in, pick one near by) You'll have to release both maps for your mod to work.

BoffoBoy likes this.
          • BoffoBoy

BoffoBoy Existential Complex

Amazingly helpful, thanks dk2020, Started using tIDE yesterday first time and that first blind rush about I saw the warp property but lost it. Was about to start looking for it again hehehe.

So have everything as good as it gets in glass house thanks to this bit of wisdom, I realize now since I have no save with green house open (keep restarting) I'll monkey with farm's entrance warp later.

So very painful experience but glad I suffered it.

20x20 Plot with 29x29 internal area Glasshouse as requested by Rubicant1982 (to fix the warp into glasshouse requires API where you warp in does not land on an iridium sprinkler but no trellis can be placed in the area )

New version , warps should all now work even walking in. Should, no one has been giving me feedback lol.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 26, 2016
              gokuman33 and Rubicant1982 like this.
            • dead1309

dead1309 Yeah, You!

I understand what you are trying to say now, but i have a new problem and that is i don't know which coordinate is the warp point into the green house. I can see the warp point for the cave but no warp point for the green house can you point it out for me?
              Here the original warp point i get from the farm map 80 15 BusStop 0 23 80 18 BusStop 0 24 80 16 BusStop 0 23 80 17 BusStop 0 23 40 65 Forest 68 0 41 65 Forest 68 0 42 65 Forest 68 0 40 -1 Backwoods 14 39 41 -1 Backwoods 14 39 34 5 FarmCave 8 11.

• dk2020

you might have a problem with this. Farm.xnb doesn't have a warp for greenhouse. Its handle differently due to the special event that is require to make the greenhouse exterior exist on the farm. I'm looking into how this is handle. Hopefully not in code but have to see.

edit:
                If I'm not misreading things, its in code to warp to greenhouse 10 23 so you will have to either do this in dll via storm/smapi or leave that tile not blockable so you can warp in.

BoffoBoy likes this.
                • dead1309

dead1309 Yeah, You!

So do you know where (what .dll) and what line i need to change to make a perfect warp point for my green house?
                  Step by step instruction would be very appreciated.

• dk2020

I mean it would have to be done via the storm/smapi api. Modifying the actually game code directly isn't what you want as it can get patched out with each update. What you want is to create a custom dll in storm/smapi api which would overwrite the warping of the original code into the greenhouse. You may want to ask the smapi/storm folks for help on how this can be done if its possible. I only suggested the storm/smapi api as it has more capability to modify game code. I've not taken a look at the api yet. Its on my list of things to do, once the api changes settle down a bit.

BoffoBoy likes this.
                    • dead1309

dead1309 Yeah, You!

Welp that's that, thanks for the help anyway. But what interest me is that the original modder of the 15 x 15 green house mod just posted the greenhouse.xnb and it works like a charm with out the need to add anything else so i think there are better/simpler ways to make this works, and why aren't they even responding to their own thread anyway? (just my 2 cent on this subject)

• BoffoBoy

I love ya DK2020, thank you so much for all this fantastic info. It is all safely copy pasted into notepad++

What the original mod does is just take the standard map and plot over the pavement. The overall map size remains the same, so the warp settings never had to change.

• dk2020

Have you looked at the 10x92 greenhouse if you are looking for a larger one. I do believe that one works. its just huge.

• dk2020

yw, i'm glad i can provide some info here and there. :)

• dead1309

dead1309 Yeah, You!

I did look take a look at the 10 * 92 one (not for my taste) and i still can't see what is wrong with my design, i did the same as his mod, heck i'am using his own mod to create my version of the greenhouse and change the warp point to suit my green house but still no luck.

• dk2020

upload your greenhouse and I can take a look. As long as you don't move the map so that the door is at 10 23/10 24, you can make any additions including creating another ajoining area and warping to it. If you expand the map, make sure to shift original portion back.

• BoffoBoy

Thanks to DK2020, I sussed out any reservations about releasing my first mod.

Though it is here on 15x15, I posted it proper at:

So wanted to get this done before I actually opened the glasshouse.

• BoffoBoy

oh man need to fix the light best remove it before I can virtually test it myself lol.

• dead1309

dead1309 Yeah, You!

Here my green house.

Attached Files:

• BoffoBoy

I have a question dk, care to explain paths to me quick like I just found how to see them but ug.... lol

I meant no rush, there's no time issues here, a a fast rundown I meant or a link to explaining what all the icons mean and why they float about when I scroll the map?

paths annotated.png
                                        So I can see thanks to cs6 yellow is light green are trees cyan are weeds orange small and large rocks red is logs blue is rare wood? purple is grass magenta is uh baby tree? the others in the bottom have to be ore, gems, fishing spots, objects, forage but the top..... no idea.

• dk2020

I've not figured out all that has to do with the paths tileset. Most of the maps I've looked at has no paths layer. I do know that using the lightbulb in the path layer will add light to your map. There are things in code that reads the layerabovefront :) and not the alwayfront layer that involves critters on the map (butterfly, frogs, etc), most likely criter pathing for animation. Beyond that I'm still figuring it out. Maybe keyten or one of the other xnb modder has more info.

dead1309, you are running into the same issue as the mod owner of the 15x15 green house. Because you extended the greenhouse downward, the door way is at 10X and 71Y, you've change the greenhouse warp so warping out works but due to the hardcode cordinate in the game, it warps you in at 10X and 23Y, so its somewhere in the middle of your greenhouse and if there is an object there that can't be passed there will be collision and failure to enter if I'm not mistaken. Because the coordinate is hardcoded into the game its not possible to change it via the xnb file on where you warp into the greenhouse.