15 July Progress

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Armagon, Jul 16, 2013.

1. Zezarict

Zezarict Big Damn Hero

Woooo, an Australian in the team. But really, looks great, guys :)

1John5vs7 likes this.
  2. Antilogic

Antilogic Void-Bound Voyager

My arms hurt when I hear that someone is already playing it :confused:
    Still... Reading that you have built your Tower , Chopped wood and stuff proves that we will be playing Beta VERY soon :)

EmGeHo likes this.
  3. The Doctor

The Doctor Pangalactic Porcupine

4. Bethor

Bethor Big Damn Hero

I stopped reading the forums, why, it looks so awesome and i just want to play, but eventhough it looks awesome its probably still a long way from playble for us.
    But do keep up the good work, and i love the updates (do read those every day)

Toryu-Mau likes this.
  5. Barnados

Barnados Void-Bound Voyager

Gotta catch them all!

Would be cool if we can these breakable dungeon objects outside of a dungeon as well.

Searching for seashells in an ocean. . . .

6. EmGeHo

EmGeHo Cosmic Narwhal

It just occured to me that I'm more excited about Starbound than any other game that is coming out in the future, or even rumoured to come out. And I still have hopes for the next episode of Half Life, so i guess you could say things are getting pretty serious :iswydt:

Axe Garian likes this.
  7. Zacharyne

Zacharyne Void-Bound Voyager

Hey guys, not sure if this has been asked before, but is that final screenshot (with the watchtower) a single screenshot on high resolution?

If it is that looks incredible.

Axe Garian likes this.
  8. TheJudge

TheJudge Space Penguin Leader

My body is ready :cool:

Greatblackshark likes this.
  9. ChaliElle

ChaliElle Void-Bound Voyager

IIRC they mentioned starting without access to your ship (you need to repair it) and with some really bad quality tools and weapons. Just for tutorial and introduction.

Monster power levels scales with levels of planets, not with player level. That's what I've heard from Tyi. Can't say if planet can scale up with time you spend on it, probably not.

Vikins were on of the 1st pirates, fyi. Not exactly in the same way as Caribbean pirates, but they were.

BTW, WAAAANT. But I can wait.. There is Civ V, it will be enough for me for some time..

10. Ruzert

Ruzert Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Love the little details in the bricks of the well! :rofl:
    Also, I almost saw pyramid head in a constellation o_O

Toryu-Mau and Axe Garian like this.
  11. 0olong

0olong Big Damn Hero

This is looking better and better the more I see of it.

Axe Garian likes this.
  12. Darkhog

Darkhog Subatomic Cosmonaut

Why... Why I wasn't invited???

13. Kagosby

Kagosby Scruffy Nerf-Herder

That last paragraph bolstered my faith in the team again.

Keep being awesome guys.

Axe Garian and Deity like this.
  14. star killer ex

star killer ex Subatomic Cosmonaut

the beta is near

15. dickmalarkey

dickmalarkey Aquatic Astronaut

Should have played some "All Along the Watchtower" using the in game music system

16. Pinchy

Pinchy Subatomic Cosmonaut

I do love a good watchtower.

17. Hooveh

Hooveh Scruffy Nerf-Herder

(sarcasm)Slightly playable, you say?

Time to release pre-alpha 0.001!
    (/sarcasm)

But really, the game does seem to be coming along very nicely. The way this is going, Starbound can be released in Christmas of 2015 2013! Or, at least, beta can be accessed by then. I know that Chucklefish has its perfectionist ways, which I don't disagree with at all. Rarely does a company of any kind take this long to create a game, and end up finishing the gem which everyone thought it was going to be.

Axe Garian and 1John5vs7 like this.
  18. 1John5vs7

1John5vs7 Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Armagon: this was a great post. I like how each dev has their own style. Not every post has to be filled with great technical details about HOW things are being done. You gave us a glimpse into what the gameplay is actually like. THANK YOU for making ranged-enemies less obnoxious. Nothing is more infuriating than an enemy that will park itself at the edge of the screen and snipe at you, yet when you go to whack it, runs away. That really gets my "HULK SMASH!" going. I don't like it.

The little fort you built is gorgeous. I love the way textures and blocks are fashioned in the game world.

And I've saved the best for last: seeds. *sqee*

I LOVE farming, crafting, and all other kinds of skills that make the game interesting. You can count on me having one of the first alchemy labs, the first working farm, and all kinds of other craftable gadgets. I can't wait to harvest my very first banana crop. Perhaps I can use the banana peels in some kind of cheesy banana-peel trap?
    [​IMG]
    I mean...what need is there for further home-security systems than a series of strategically placed banana peel traps!?

Edit: One question I have for Armagon or any other devs out there who lurk in the forums (*cough cough* MOLLYGOS *cough*): When you say you built a tower from chopped wood...was that done all with the interface players will use, or did you still have to use admin commands? I know you can't give a set-in-stone release date for Starbound-β, but it would be helpful to gauge the "completedness" of Starbound by how many things are still console-commands and how many things are now truly implemented such that a player could click-and-play. Many thanks!

19. Necrius

Necrius Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Well, the game is more and more likely to turn out shit. I'm not guaranteeing this and totally gonna try it out, but I'm not buying it for a while. Maybe until I'm tired of manual updates.

20. Hyooga

Hyooga Guest

The day beta comes out cities all over the world will be completely desert.