Dev Blog 14th March - A Star War

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Mar 14, 2017.

1. BatPetersAKAEnderzilla747

BatPetersAKAEnderzilla747 Pangalactic Porcupine

Well maybe hostile space stations don't like you, so they send out swarms of DEATH.

(But honestly this is a universe full of random things and shark hats found in some volcanic planet that also houses ape dudes testing on monsters while raiders roam through ruins...)

2. nefrem

nefrem Phantasmal Quasar

When... when... WHEN ???????
    Sorry i have a brain attack evaluating the possible date of release :meowhaha:

3. Dark Meld

Dark Meld Void-Bound Voyager

I was kinda hoping that the ship would dock with the station and you had to fight off the monsters in space with your ship. Oh well.

4. Slovous

Slovous Void-Bound Voyager

What I really really want to know is when is Starbound coming to the PS Vita. I feel like we have been waiting for forever. Please give some kind of info

5. XMeteor

XMeteor Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Is anyone else reminded of Asteroids?

6. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Is the Vita still a thing to begin with?

Ainzoal likes this.
  7. aviatorEngineer

aviatorEngineer Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Man, this suspense is killing me. Ever since that blog post in January I've been unbelievably hyped for this update.

CobaltShroom likes this.
  8. Titanium

Titanium Existential Complex

yeah, what? is this person even on about?

9. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Eventually, @Titanium, you have to ask yourself as a game developer, "is it worth it to do a ____ port? Will people still have a ____ by the time we're done?"

Says the guy making a point & click adventure game for MS-DOS.

But enough about that, before the mods get angry again.

metadept, DragonsForce and Lodish like this.
  10. Lord Humungus

Lord Humungus Big Damn Hero

Any plans for a Commodore 64 port of Starbound?

koolieo1, baconsama25, Pohany and 2 others like this.
  11. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Did you mean this C64 port?
    [​IMG]

12. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

I prefer my good old Difference Engine. When's the port for that coming?

13. PyreStarite

PyreStarite Space Kumquat

There hasn't been a dev blog update in a while, so I can only make the assumption that they are working to release the newest update soon?

Kawa likes this.
  14. LilyV3

LilyV3 Master Astronaut

*fires up the emulator*

I fear for racial mechs.

Please let people be able to use any mech and not like ships being racebound.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2017
    General Nuclear and Pohany like this.
  15. Akaiji

Akaiji Subatomic Cosmonaut

What'd be so bad about racial mechs and what IS so bad about racial ships?

There HAVE to be some (tangible) differences between the races, otherwise what'd be the point to them other than "i like the way they look"? I, for one, prefer more than aesthetic differences between the races so that there's an actual reason to choose.

16. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

Personally, I hope that while racial mechs are a thing, you're capable of finding blueprints for the other races' mechs. Best of both worlds.

17. nefrem

nefrem Phantasmal Quasar

Need news Chucklefish !
    You have to feed the hype :)

18. LilyV3

LilyV3 Master Astronaut

A ship is a tool, herefore there is no need for a ship beeing visually bound to the race. Boats and bikes aren't.

Armor is a different thing as they may have to be fitting to the physical needs and forms.

19. Nitro Dioxide

Nitro Dioxide Void-Bound Voyager

My view on the different races is that there actually needs to be more to distinguish them from each other. I was happiest when the Novakids came out not because they were a new race with a new background and such, but because they were different from the other races in the fact that they build guns instead of melee weapons. As it stands right now, how is being human or apex any different from picking between a ball-cap or a flat-cap? I had hoped for this to be addressed when 1.0 came out, but now I'm just hoping that it is addressed at all. Or atleast a reason as to why all the races share the exact same weapon and character stats.

20. missHPfan2

missHPfan2 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

These mechs and space stations are cool and all, but what about the planet preview? How are we gonna know what planet we're about to fly to? Or are we gonna have to constantly restock on fuel from flying from system to system just to see what planet types are there? And how are new players gonna be warned about needing EPPs?