14th August Update

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Aug 15, 2013.

1. Urpusz

Urpusz Big Damn Hero

aww i can't wait anyomore :3

2. DevDog

DevDog Master Chief

Ummmmmmm.......... "Maybe final tweaks" to to the Boss so hopefully BETA. :)

3. xnez

xnez Subatomic Cosmonaut

Don't get your hopes up too much about a beta soon :{

4. ZanVaelius

ZanVaelius Existential Complex

Indeed. While I certainly hope that the Beta will be released soon I do realize it's fairly unlikely. Thus I found other stuff to play while waiting. For now I'm having a "Risen" Marathon and when I'm done I'll make myself a Dead Space one (Yay for Humble Bundle for having number 3 in it. At last I have the full collection!)

tassina likes this.
  5. Inco

Inco Scruffy Nerf-Herder

By the sounds of it, beta's not going to be anytime soon. I can respect and appreciate that.

Anyone want to freeze me until it's actually released?

hailsatyr likes this.
  6. Cruellyricisti

Cruellyricisti Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Nothing like roasting a head stock over an open flame, really brings the campfire feeling home.

Edit: Is he wearing Roller Derby equipment!?

7. nolan1024

nolan1024 Subatomic Cosmonaut

great update from molly ;)

tassina likes this.
  8. Ragnaman

Ragnaman Space Spelunker

Guessing on a possible release date ? I'm sorry, all I see is "aww no beta" / "why is no beta" posts.
    How is that a speculation ?

Similar to asking the driver "are we there yet ?" countless times, although both people, the driver and the passenger very well know that the destination is quite far away.
    That can be categorized as "Annoying".

blackbolta likes this.
  9. imrevned

imrevned Scruffy Nerf-Herder

There seems to be a number of people who are surprised/saddened that the beta will not be released before or at the time of the Insomnia event.

The devs themselves said that they were working on getting an Insomnia-ready version of the beta, which would not be a fully "complete" beta, just enough to showcase, iirc. Therefore it wouldn't be possible for the beta to release before or during Insomnia.

10. marchello35

marchello35 Big Damn Hero

Yea, I think its more or less ready for tier one demo as long the fix the beam axe "crasher of worlds" and finish the first boss :D wiiii

tassina likes this.
  11. Daldingo

Daldingo Void-Bound Voyager

Wanting a beta after nearly 2 years of development is not demanding the game fails miserably. You're delusional if you believe that. This game was supposed to come out in the Holiday of 2012, and now it just doesn't even have a planned release. The dev team is constantly talking about all the content that they add, et cetera, et cetera. But to people who have lurked for more than a year, if feels no closer to being in a form they will ever get to see.

You say if they release the beta too soon, it'll flop and the whole project will be a wash, but if they wait too long, and the game isn't mind blowing and industry changing like it's being hyped to be, then it will crash and burn even harder. If Chucklefish is telling the truth with all of the content they've put in the game, then this convention will be a perfect time to get the game in a playable state and release it for beta.

12. Cruellyricisti

Cruellyricisti Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

:confused: STARBOUND Y U NO BETA :confused:

13. In this kind of things we see how There is still work to do for the game be ready.

FIRST BOSS of the game, is being worked since 24th July and is still not finished, just for you guys have one idea they must create the Story Bosses, the Dungeon Bosses, etc... So only that as proven to be very time consuming.

Some people say "oh this game is ready for beta!", but it's not, you see the game all pretty in streams, but it's not the full gameplay still. :rofl:

tassina likes this.
  14. Greatblackshark

Greatblackshark Cosmic Narwhal

It's like an endless cycle of:
    1. Dev's continue work on the game and posts regular updates
    2. Anticipation and impatience builds up to astronomical levels and then explodes
    3. Devs dodge the explosion with timely release of something cool from the game
    4. Cycle repeats until eventual beta release
    http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lnjfboOQuh1qjbdyno1_500.gif

15. Dis

Dis Phantasmal Quasar

One smart piggy, there. :catface2:

You know, come to think of it: When the game is about ready to be released, or even the beta for that matter, I think many people will be in a fevered state of disbelief. Comprehension would explode into a mangled mass of excitement, fear, hope, and lamenting (Won't be able to make jokes/nagging questions about release/beta date). It's always a strange event when the status quo changes, even when its for the better.

tassina likes this.
  16. KwwB

KwwB Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Looks amazing!! I can't freaking wait!!! OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. FancyNancy

FancyNancy Subatomic Cosmonaut

I said this one before on a Facebook update and I will say it again... This is in so many ways is starting to remind me of Super Metroid. The harsh environments of the various planets Samus had to endure, the (even though this was a 2D game) amazing extraterrestrial life that she encountered. Samus had to obtain different armor and weapon upgrades just to explore some of those harsh environments or to be able to kill certain enemies. There are also so many ways Starbound is a completely different game. Those striking resemblances; however, are all great features which I am really looking forward to. I will admit, I can be a little impatient sometimes, and on that same note I am also willing to wait so that this game can be a great success.

Oh and I also got a kick out of this "because reasons". <3

18. Von Minus

Von Minus Orbital Explorer

All bananas aside;
    In the end this project is art, and you believe in it so maybe you helped make it happen by supporting it monetarily, and good for you. But this is their baby, a life's work, and their vision, it also happens to be a video-game. It's not yours or mine, so if they want to take 10 years making it, they can do that. If you're an artist or someone who has gone through it you'll understand and happily wait for fruition. A band can breakup, or wait 5-10 years to make more music, and their fans + new ones are still there when/if they come back. This is the beautiful tantalizing process of watching something cool get made and we're lucky to see it. I can only hope to one day make something that creates an entire community of people, before it's even done, waiting with bated breath to hear a peep from me during the process. I'm a patient man because I can respect the process as well as the product.

Ragnaman and tassina like this.
  19. Titanium

Titanium Existential Complex

wtf are you talking about

leave the developers alone you dying weasel

20. Lord Hatty

Lord Hatty Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Beamaxe is already fixed. Bartwe is a baller. :cool:

tassina and marchello35 like this.