14 July Progress

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by GeorgeV, Jul 15, 2013.

1. Aeronaut

Aeronaut Pangalactic Porcupine

The very presence of seashells makes this my favorite progress update yet (well, next to the musical ensembles).

I can't wait to see how all of these little things mesh together into one big and awesome game.

2. Zoro the Gallade

Zoro the Gallade Big Damn Hero

Smashy smashy. I love smashing random items and being rewarded with powerups. It's one of the staple of all video games ever.

3. Leak

Leak Subatomic Cosmonaut

Obligatory pot smashing video...

4. seanos1998

seanos1998 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Legend of Zelda instincts coming up...
    Must... Destroy.... Pots!

NikoTwiPie and 1John5vs7 like this.
  5. OMGJJ

OMGJJ Subatomic Cosmonaut

I love how they are all themed to the environment they are from. :)

1John5vs7 likes this.
  6. sonic5202

sonic5202 Industrial Terraformer

[​IMG]

tassina likes this.
  7. pixelmage

pixelmage Aquatic Astronaut

Zelda: good comes to those who smash pots for the sake of smashing things.

8. CubeX

CubeX Void-Bound Voyager

YES breakable objects! This makes the game at least 596% more fun!

9. linki98

linki98 Void-Bound Voyager

is that all for 14th july update? i was waiting for more... well i'll see tomorrow ^^

10. Sim2k

Sim2k Big Damn Hero

I look forward to smashing all of them :)

11. Witness

Witness Giant Laser Beams

To be honest, I'd suggest slowing down with the hats. TF2 made them quite popular as kind of additionala chievement stuff, but on their own they weren't overly interesting - and following that trend won't do anything good. Putting all that effort into more breakables and generally interactional environment would be far, far better.

12. SpiderWaffle

SpiderWaffle Void-Bound Voyager

Destroy ALL the pots!

13. jlblackbird

jlblackbird Void-Bound Voyager

I'm actually pretty happy with this. I would make a guess, based off of those images, that there would be planets with no vases and such so you would get more of a "I'm the first sentient being on this planet," feel.

Toryu-Mau likes this.
  14. Thickmale

Thickmale Intergalactic Tourist

So Avian, Glitch and Human worlds share the same breakable; pots? Oh well. I guess you can always look chests or tents or.. whatever. Also I have an idea for a breakable: Skeleton corpses! Cool right? I love breaking them skeleton corpses.

15. Crystan

Crystan Maverick Hunter

This is going to be a smash hit! :D

16. 1John5vs7

1John5vs7 Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

George, the wife and I *love* the little sea shells. I'm going to find a sea shell hat and then run around like a giant enemy crab boss. Well, not really, but it's fun to think about, anyway. :)

You are a talented lot of bit artists and programmers. I'm glad you ladies and gents are having such a grand time working on this game, though I reckon it will feel mighty nice to have it finished so you can take a breath and relax. Suffice it to say we all look forward to smashing and destroying all of your breakables. Interactive environments are so fun!

I seem to remember that part of the appeal of the game "Mercenaries" was that you could blow up just about everything in the game.

Toryu-Mau and Menasor like this.
  17. Jynx

Jynx Big Damn Hero

Going to ask every time now. So any word on the Beta yet?

18. 1John5vs7

1John5vs7 Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

WOW HOW GROWN UP AND MATURE OF YOU TO DO THAT!!!!!111ONEONE

I bet George meant to mention the beta release in his update and just was a knucklehead and forgot about it. Good thing your post is here to selflessly remind him. I'm sure he'll get right on that for you. :sarcasm:

Seriously, the people whining every day that there is no beta should be given special beta keys when the beta DOES come out. Those beta keys should be for an earlier version of Starbound that doesn't have any quests, any environmental interactivity, any game mechanics, any craftables, or anything that makes a game a GAME.

What you children are doing is the equivalent of watching mommy bake you a cake, and tugging on her apron strings every 30 seconds demanding to have the cake. It's still flour, salt, and eggs. It would taste TERRIBLE if she gave you a bite right now. Mom wants to make sure you enjoy your delicious cake, so she's going to ignore you or tell you to hush until the cake is baked, iced, and ready to be OM NOM NOM'd. So stop asking. The mods know that they have 20million people waiting for beta to drop, and they're not going to bork the game and release it before it's a finished product because you were rude on the forums.

/rage

Also: in b4 "y so srs?"
    [​IMG]

Edit: I've thought about nuking this post since it was me being upset with someone. But then I realized Mollygos and other devs have to slog through these comments. I don't want their eyes to get permanently stuck in a rolling-position, because then they won't be able to work on the game, and that would suck.

Toryu-Mau, Luna, Kyle873 and 6 others like this.
  19. XRiZUX

XRiZUX Spaceman Spiff

Looks good. :up:

20. Baku Vicen

Baku Vicen Scruffy Nerf-Herder

10 PRINT "NICE WORK"
    20 GOTO 10

Kyle873 likes this.