1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

14/4 AMA - New Game Info [Updated]

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Bacon, Apr 14, 2013.

1. Sandopwns

Sandopwns Big Damn Hero

I'm psyched hearing about the ship combat, I was worried they might not add something like that.

2. It's alot of Info. Not really bad that it repeat one or another info (some know info were "extended").
    I'm overloaded aha there is here an Wall of Text from Tiy i'm trying to separate questions... Sigh

3. Check if Know Please:
    - Boats - Added
    - Fishing - Added
    - Random Generated Quests - Know

Thanks for your help! :DD

4. Duex

Duex Cosmic Narwhal

So we cant customize our ships themselves but we can change the interiors

5. You can, decorate and extend them, already confirmed before this AMA. :)

6. Like Wox said, this has already been announced.

7. I must check that Later for remove Know things!

3 PAGES of Tiy is posting like every second! And it's all inside pages, of comments of comments of comments. Sigh....

8. xWild WarPig

xWild WarPig Big Damn Hero

Now look what you've done... You've got me all excited!! :D

9. Space Hebrew

Space Hebrew Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Its like opening my eyes for the first time, again.

10. HOT FRESH NEW INFO ABOUT THE GAME! Just Updated ^^

11. Uff... And it's Done! All non-know content about Starbound is there.
    There is a lot more, but there are things they would like to, not confirmed, and others that I'm not sure if they are already know, just tell me then. :)

Post Here If I Missed Something and I will add it.

12. Shrikevin

Shrikevin Void-Bound Voyager

Don't see this posted:

Alu123 0 points 2 hours ago

Do you have any plans to port this to the playstation Vita?
    [–]Tiyuri[S] 2 points 35 minutes ago

We've been thinking about it :)

13. It's still "been thinking about" and nothing confirmed. I'm wondering for when they say "We got plans for it pos-launch" or something. :)

14. Shrikevin

Shrikevin Void-Bound Voyager

Ah, sounds good!

Leokins likes this.
  15. ZangooseSlash

ZangooseSlash Black Hole Surfer

• "How will you find guns? Will it be easy to find new guns, or will it be a rare happening?
    Tiy Reply: We'll keep them rare enough that they're still special. But not incredibly rare. You'll find them in dungeons, villages and chests. You'll be able to buy them and craft some of them."

i asked this question

Leokins, WoxandWarf and Bacon like this.
  16. Was a good question. And a nice way to get Guns, rare things Money can't buy or Craft can't create! :)

Leokins and Zangoose like this.
  17. Crail

Crail Void-Bound Voyager

I asked a long question about dead planets and terraforming.. (I knew that terraforming had been asked before but thought about getting an update on it)

Tiy Reply: We will have some dead planets :) Terraforming is a much requested feature, we're going to look into it as a post release update.

18. Can you people give me exact question you asked? ^^

WoxandWarf likes this.
  19. Crail

Crail Void-Bound Voyager

Are all planets going to have environments with life? Any dead planets? I'd think it would be cool if there were some planets that needed certain equipment researched before you can explore it. Maybe some have ruins on them with unique goodies? Also, have you guys thought about terraforming at all? I'd think of it like, you setup a device on the planets surface that has a job and while it's "working" it's too dangerous for you to land. When it's done the terrain could be altered from this process next time you try to land on that planet. Maybe this could use the monster training and cataloging feature in that some monsters and plants need certain environments to live in. This could allow the player to essentially make their own ecosystems from plants and animals they've found during their travels. This could get even more in depth if it's possible to mix species.

Here you go! Sorry, I thought it would have been best to prune it down a bit hehe!

20. ADDED

Indeed, just done that. Thanks ^^

Leokins and WoxandWarf like this.