Dev Blog 13th January – My backpack is augmented

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Supernorn, Jan 13, 2016.

1. Nikia

Nikia Title Not Found

Granted, however when I download a new nightly, I attempt to test it completely from the start. Being as such, creating a new Character this time around is not an option to test with. Once you grab your Manipulator and turn on your Teleporting, you walk over to your storage and get your torches and sword... you've now hit 120 seconds (usually) and your hunger bar is already empty.

While I understand that it's important to make sure a feature can "turn on", it's also important to test it with a new save (and no mods) to validate that the feature is working as expected. In the code for hunger, there is a timer and what I am commenting on is that the timer is set too quickly to test on a new save with.

I am not disagreeing with you, nor did I intend my post to illicit a "this is a beta" / "this is nightly" response. I understand this. You understand this. It does not need to be argued.

2. emeraldgreen72

emeraldgreen72 Phantasmal Quasar

i just hope i do not lose my character again when this update comes

3. freeman27015

freeman27015 Subatomic Cosmonaut

(sorry, bad english)

hunger system !!!!! yes yes yes yes yes !!!!
    survivival mode !!!! yes yes yes yes yes !!!!

big thanks to developers

4. Cyberkhai

Cyberkhai Void-Bound Voyager

Hope that Fridges can do something about the rotting :/

Seconded. I hope the new mechanics don't make me to replace the Xenon pack to a breathing device

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2016
  5. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Why so worried? They already said they were gonna do that.

6. eksynn

eksynn Giant Laser Beams

Any chance we could maybe... Have longer days on all planets? Lol

Also slower hunger depletion in relation to slower days? (on a planet with normal, average day cycles, for example, we should be able to eat 3 times without even getting close to being hungry, assuming all we do all day is stand still or build small things)

7. SameyDoll

SameyDoll Void-Bound Voyager

Hello everyone ^^ *
    I write a sentence in English if the original, I ^^ English can not be weak in the story; it may be hard to see because I'm using a translation tool ...

こんにちは皆さん^^ *
    本来ならば英語で文章を書くのですが、私は英語が苦手でお話が出来ません^^;翻訳ツールを使っていますので見づらいかもしれません…

Hunger gauge. Since this is just * feel that they live in the field * can be I am really expect!
    Along with it, you will get also new possibilities for food that would not have been the most currently available! (It is my delusion, but ^ q ^)

Merit
    * By satiety debuff disappears, of food buff can be re-attached.
    * Usefulness of food goes up (probably because different is the amount of recovery by the Food)
    * Increases the usefulness of the field
    * I get useful also in food that are issued as a trade goods

Demerit
    * Improvement of the degree of difficulty.
    * Take a little time if you want to own
    * Or long dive in the basement, but with a time limit in search of barren

It will become like this? I think this is a very interesting element!

And this for I want to keep together my opinion only a little
    I am glad if you could look at, but I do not know would be helpful

First of all, * simply be mounted on hunger become pain of player * thing. (Implementation does not mean useless)
    This is that you have to care about me the most. Only Once reduced disadvantage occurs will be the elements that probably in pain ...
    When implementing this regard, the benefits also would have to be prepared ... ^^; (as an example, HP to recover if the hunger value of satiety MineCraft..)

Then, that's article that I have seen before, the presence or absence of difficulty separately hunger gauge has been decided, I feel that looking at the thing.
    Wonder if this is a little funny, I think. You should Some people want to slowly explore and architecture in the system up to now.
    Also in the course lowest difficulty will Some people want to have a hunger gauge ...
    I, if possible, in addition to the degree of difficulty of the initial setting * hunger gauge ON, the wider range of highly selective and can be set OFF *!
    It will be able to be adventurous in various styles!

Finally * food goes bad thing *.
    This is a little I might oppose. By also there is an expiration date on the same food, it may not be able to stack.
    Also to put together, * rapidly in or rotten that expiration date is overwritten, you will want to * be or become fresh.
    Because you have to fill the field of backpack, only the system, such as hard work until now becomes ruined it should be avoided ^^;
    ... Well, it would not be enough just to revised downward the number of stack in 1000 to 100 as a remedy ...?

It is the opinion to say ^^ *
    Of course, it is all right to ask to see the reference level. I hope that this great game is interesting even a little! :)

Last edited: Feb 10, 2016
    eksynn likes this.
  8. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

We require all posts to be in English, or provide a translation. I've added a translation for you, but you need to include one yourself from now on.

9. SameyDoll

I'm sorry I put your time and effort ...
    If you want to use the translation function, it was placed on the Japanese of the original because there is a case where would disagree with the original sentence ...
    Sure it alone is not it rude ^^; I will try to described the original sentence from the next time, both translation.
    Thank you for pointing out:)

... And I thought of it, but has been deleted in its entirety because too long ^^;

Last edited: Feb 10, 2016
  10. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

Why did you undo the edit? I said all posts must be in English, or provide a translation. That's the rules. It is your responsibility to translate it, since most people on the forums do not speak Japanese, and should not have to translate it themselves.

I have reinstated my translation. Please don't undo it again.

11. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

Also keep in mind - not just you but to everyone.
    It is against the rules to change a moderator edit on any site.

So if you do have any issue with the edit, just contact the moderator who has made the edit, or ask another moderator about it in the future before making any changes.

12. SameyDoll

I see…
    Since I was the only or get a MOD, did not quite understand the rules about the remark.
    I must know the rules of order to speak here.
    I would like to take a look at the rules from now
    I'm really sorry

13. 82nd

82nd Space Hobo

About the survival mode, the fridges should keep food edible.

eksynn and General Nuclear like this.