13 August Progress

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by bartwe, Aug 14, 2013.

1. Aladiia

Aladiia Space Spelunker

Can I ask if the new song will be put on the soundtrack? Where can I listen to it at?

2. Lord Hatty

Lord Hatty Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Okay, so they've announced tech. But any specifics other than vehicles?

3. SerinityFyre

SerinityFyre Subatomic Cosmonaut

looking great! get some sleep!

4. Frodew

Frodew Scruffy Nerf-Herder

haha, the screenshot of the guy blinking xD

5. Redheat

Redheat Scruffy Nerf-Herder

starbound_out_yet.png

Me: "Is Starbound out yet?"

Other Guy: "Uhhhh no..."

Me: "Put me back in"

*Shuts lid*

TheKlu, Core, BlessPL and 1 other person like this.
  6. Chompy

Chompy Cosmic Narwhal

Awesome update as always! Thanks Legris for hijacking Bartwe's account and sharing this glorious information with us. :p

tassina likes this.
  7. IndieGamerRid

IndieGamerRid Zero Gravity Genie

"My axe doesn't even scratch this guy"

Oh god, I wasn't expecting that. Monters have defense levels over your head that keep you from whittling their health away, so survival becomes an issue of not meeting anything that goes bump in the night. Yikes. Imagine touching down on a lvl. 90 planet thinking you're good to go, and all the local wildlife is so decked out in armor that you're running for your life screaming "I MADE A MISTAKE"

8. Darklight

Darklight Oxygen Tank

Sign me up.

tassina likes this.
  9. SnakeX

SnakeX Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I don't think you understand. Tech is not vehicles.

[​IMG]

See those Tech slots? They're for things that give you boosts, like I mentioned. So things like jet packs or items that increase your health, etc.

tassina likes this.
  10. acravasian

acravasian Tentacle Wrangler

that looks and sounds awesome... great with some different weaponry to be found early on :) makes it more interesting to start anew.

tassina likes this.
  11. Von Minus

Von Minus Orbital Explorer

Let me explain, tech: like developing the ability to locate bananas on your map VS vehicles: like a giant banana that can also be used as a canoe...mmm giant banana

12. Von Minus

Von Minus Orbital Explorer

[​IMG]
    Banana Set:
    Banana sword, banana shoulders, banana mask, banana greaves, banana cape, banana chest, banana boots, Banana Hammock.
    +All Banana Stats

DevonDe likes this.
  13. Bastard Man

Bastard Man Big Damn Hero

will there be tier 1 ranged weaponry?

tassina likes this.
  14. Lord Hatty

But I mean SPECIFICALLY. Has there been any release that has said "Rocket Boots"? Or like "Pole Vault"? I know there's things, but what are the things?

15. Ben Jinx

Ben Jinx Master Chief

I blink in half of all my photos too :p

16. Core

Core Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hi-jacking Bartwe, oh no, call the police- wait no it's fine, he's bringing us a daily update :p

I want to hear the new character menu song so badly, I bet it's smoooooth :giggle:

tassina likes this.
  17. Cuchilain

Cuchilain Phantasmal Quasar

Plants and birds are tribal, robots are renaissance, and monkies are modern (as in modern era, 70s - 90s). What period do the humans start at? Do they start at space age? Maybe digital? Or are they starting at a post space colonial period?

tassina and Core like this.
  18. a10co

a10co Orbital Explorer

Grappling hook has been confirmed.

19. Davosalm

Davosalm Aquatic Astronaut

When you pre-order the game, you receive a link from "HumbleBundle". Probably they've uploaded the songs there.

20. Lord Hatty

There has actually been a little bit of a reveal on the human introduction. Apparently man had succeeded as a space age species, but then earth was destroyed by an apocalyptic monster type thing and was therefore strewn across space in tiny colonies, you being one of them. :)