12 August Progress

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Aug 13, 2013.

1. Mukin

Mukin Scruffy Nerf-Herder

thx for the update molly

i want a video gameplay

2. Titanium

Titanium Existential Complex

3. Lord Hatty

Lord Hatty Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Anyone notice the eyeball fruit from yesterday sitting under them there trees? :DD
    I don't think I'll personally be using one of these worlds, however... Eyeball trees freak me out.. :confused:

4. TheOneCalledWaffle

TheOneCalledWaffle Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Personally, I'm already used to eyeball trees, they were dang near everywhere I tried to explore in Spore!

Piixel likes this.
  5. Piixel

Piixel Void-Bound Voyager

Ohh i hear that! Damn, i forgot about spore! amazing game!

6. Lord Hatty

Lord Hatty Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I never actually noticed that... Thanks for making me never want to explore Spore again :(

TheOneCalledWaffle and Piixel like this.
  7. Kernkin

Kernkin Subatomic Cosmonaut

I smell beta right after the Insomnia Gaming Festival!!!!!

8. Piixel

I smell it too!... Actually mum's cooking cookies.. could be that :cookie:

Dementium67 and killpay like this.
  9. Zalgo

Zalgo Void-Bound Voyager

If the dev's could implement something that makes it so the eye's gaze would follow where you go that would be extra awesome with an superb sauce and a cherry on top. An eyeball cherry.

tassina and Piixel like this.
  10. Piixel

sounds epic thats a good idea! maybe make it as a new suggestion? (if it isn't already one)

Dementium67 and tassina like this.
  11. Glitch1500

Glitch1500 Aquatic Astronaut

Imagine: A Slenderman game with those as the trees...

tassina likes this.
  12. Those trees are so cool :D
    Also I cannot wait for the Starbound reveal at that festival because it's going to be just amazing !
    Btw nice gif Molly :V

tassina likes this.
  13. Deldrith

Deldrith Astral Cartographer

Can I somehow remove the eyeball and brain stuff from my game?

14. ShadetheDruid

ShadetheDruid Pangalactic Porcupine

For the people who aren't too keen on the eyeball/brain stuff: The beauty of Starbound is that you aren't stuck with a single world (which would suck if you hated it), so if you find a world you don't like (and i'm betting it's going to happen to everyone at least once), you don't lose out at all by ignoring its existence. I really wouldn't worry about it too much, there's plenty more fish.. or, planets, in the sea. ;)

tassina likes this.
  15. Sarzael

Sarzael Oxygen Tank

16. ZanVaelius

ZanVaelius Existential Complex

For me actually the first association would be with the Evil Biomes from Dwarf Fortress. You know, the eyeball grass, the rain that melts away the flesh of dwarfs, mist that carries deadly syndromes, that stuff. Kind of pleasant weekend retreat really.
    And another association would be with Gyges levels from Tyrian 2000.

17. SpiroExDeus

SpiroExDeus Cosmic Narwhal

My never alone what?

Belgoliad and Flannicus90 like this.
  18. GeneralM13

GeneralM13 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Tweaking mechanics and fixing bugs are just as important as anything else in the coding process of a game (my oppinion) Keep up the good work :) i can't wait to see the end result

19. SpiroExDeus

Yeah, like, it's obvious that when they say "2013" they mean "Some time early in 2013", and, like, the fact they're telling us intricate detail on what they're doing must mean that they're stuck and not developing something and, like, it's obvious that they haven't got any kind of solid, like, deadlines, like, making the game presentable before, like, some big game expo or something.....

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your experience of 'Betas' is fooling you. I expect an extremely polished Beta some time late this year which will nonetheless have a few hard to find bugs - because hard to find bugs are what the beta stage is about. Beta - it stands for "Beta TESTING".

Happy to wait, slightly impatiently, for the Beta. Do what I do, let your impatient voice be your inside voice and stop IGNORING WHAT HAS BEEN SAID AND ASKING FOR BETA!

I'm just glad that some people seem to be geting the message and we only get one of these every few pages rather than 5 on every page now.

20. SpiroExDeus

Woah! We already have fish moving away when we swim near them. Don't want to make it TOO next gen...

*edit* By the way this has been available as a desktop widget since the days of the Amiga and Archimedes computers. The Amiga one was called "baby blues", can't remember the Archimedes one's name, possibly it was the same. Both of them spawned eyes that followed your mouse pointer. The Archimedes also had a 'desk duck' toy available that swum back and forth on your taskbar. If you clicked on the top edge of the taskbar a piece of bread would deposit and the next time the duck was near it it would quack and bob it's head to eat the bread.

It's a shame all the 8 and 16 bit era companies lost out to PC. I mean, it's a shame that one of them like, I dunno, Acorn, didn't instead decide to licence it's chip design and end up in practically every smartphone in the world and a revolutionary PC for kids and hobbyists... no, hang on.

A happy 35 years Acorn/ARM! (This December)
    Happy four years Raspberry Pi Foundation!

Crackerjack likes this.