Dev Blog 11th March - Pet Swap

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Mar 11, 2016.

1. Royaltop

Royaltop Astral Cartographer

Gotta play Unstable, go into the preferences of the game from the steam menu, go over to the beta's section, then tell it to update to nightly. It will begin downloading the latest batch of nightly data.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starbound/comments/49ejjs/nightly_disk_write_error_while_updating/ This link will help you to manually replace the key files required to after downloading them, as Steam doesn't quiet know how to after it finishes downloading to packages.

gljohnson1988 likes this.
  2. Osucarus

Osucarus Astral Cartographer

3. Add pet battles, add over 150 pets = no more building in starbound. Everyone will be too busy fighting with their pets. I know I will be lol!

4. Wall of Knowledge

Wall of Knowledge Cosmic Narwhal

Since there doesn't seem to be any better place to ask this (I don't want to make it into its own thread), are we going to be able to edit story-related features (intro quest/cinematics, crew uniform, etc) by race, for those modded races for whom it wouldn't make sense to belong to the Terrene Protectorate?

5. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Not yet, as far as I know, and I sincerely hope we will be able to.
    I do believe so, considering the data in /npcs/crew/.
    ...and that'd be why I hope.

6. Iaeyan Elyuex

Iaeyan Elyuex Cosmic Narwhal

Pokémon? OOH! Make Derrick a legendary!

Leif finally get hunting animalss. Not that Leif need.

DragonsForce, Kawa and jakecool19 like this.
  7. Ferretic

Ferretic Aquatic Astronaut

Anybody else ready to catch themselves an orbide?

8. ca7to

ca7to Poptop Tamer

I will build a cat cafe :nurukappa:

Corraidhín and Kawa like this.
  9. DJFlare84

DJFlare84 Spaceman Spiff

... did I miss something? Are monsters capture-able now?

10. Royaltop

Royaltop Astral Cartographer

In nightly only. The dev blog just high-lights the changes to nightly, which will evnetually make it to unstable, then finally stable.

11. ChaoticGamer

ChaoticGamer Master Astronaut

trade my regular flob fish for pet dinosuar sure that is worth it.

No No, we still able monster capture...for sure...just hope the developer doesn't change their mind about having monster as pets long with your pet

12. joaorafaelrr

joaorafaelrr Subatomic Cosmonaut

I don't have a fennix, if i am a fennix, i will just fly whatever i want. So i don't need to trade, i just need to rise in fire and fall in ashes them rise in fire again. But what's the consequences the existence of a fennix. Wish a fennix can always be used with the best consequence causality.

13. jonathonspy

jonathonspy Existential Complex

can you capture the poptops she spawns?
    and is leveling up a thing yet?

14. Esylana

Esylana Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I've been quiet for a long time now, but I just pop(top)ped in to say: LOVE the hard work and thought going into the updates, please keep up the good work!

I do have a small question - we will be able to capture the monsters, but will we also be able to capture the critters as well? I really enjoyed building a tiny critter zoo. :3

15. Yammy

Yammy Poptop Tamer

I haven't gotten to capturing any pets yet but the idea of this makes me really happy >_< I wanna collect them all!

16. The MechE

The MechE Existential Complex

Can we trade our ship pet this way?

17. emeraldgreen72

emeraldgreen72 Phantasmal Quasar

littlest pet swap

Kawa likes this.
  18. Titanium

Titanium Existential Complex

Are we getting updates this week?

19. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Judging from Tiy's twitter, outlook's good.

20. jjcm04

jjcm04 Twenty-three is number one

I wish I could pick it up and bring it with me on adventures and my explorations.