Dev Blog 11th March - Pet Swap

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Mar 11, 2016.

1. emaker123

emaker123 Void-Bound Voyager

:) *claps hands lightly* Floran Happy. Floran hunt to eat, yesss. But Floran alssso like to have friendly sship creaturesss. Would be nice if traded petsss are exclusive, and can only be got by trading.

lemon flavoured and DragonsForce like this.
  2. Royaltop

Royaltop Astral Cartographer

I want PopTop cosplay variants, the Mascot character always get's cosplay variants, Pokemon told me so!

lemon flavoured and Kawa like this.
  3. Dragon_Tom005

Dragon_Tom005 Existential Complex

I am SO gonna get me a Smoglin... :3

Edit: Out of curiosity, will these pets be dye-able?

lemon flavoured likes this.
  4. Royaltop

Royaltop Astral Cartographer

That would actually be a good way of customization, make monsters have color palates for dyeing. Would be harder for some monsters, and procedurally generated ones would probably be even harder than static ones to set up for dyeing, but would make the system even more personalized than it is.

Dragon_Tom005 likes this.
  5. Dragon_Tom005

Dragon_Tom005 Existential Complex

Thats true, but randomly generated monsters already do have a color palate of their own, depending on the type of biome they spawn in.They also have an Albion version aswell. Albinos of the randomly generated monsters have a rare chance of spawning in the world. Perhaps they could do something like that for the more procedurally generated monsters, such as Uniclops and Smoglin. But i agree that it would take a bit of spriting work.

6. DayFORK

DayFORK Void-Bound Voyager

After updating Nightly build game started to insta-crash.I cant basicly launch it.Its blinks for second and then stops working with no error message

7. emeraldgreen72

emeraldgreen72 Phantasmal Quasar

omg its like that one game UMMMMMMM digimon jk

8. Ratbagdoo

Ratbagdoo Big Damn Hero

is it a mod?!?!?!?

9. Ratbagdoo

Ratbagdoo Big Damn Hero

what venison is it and is it a mod?!?!?

10. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Venison. Gotta love autocorrect. @Ratbagdoo, it's not a mod at all. It's a feature in Starbound Nightly, which will eventually appear in Starbound Stable. Most of these news posts apply to Nightly.

11. Shovel_Fighter

Shovel_Fighter Aquatic Astronaut

all those updates... does that mean release 1.0 is near?

12. DragonsForce

DragonsForce Weight of the Sky

Not really, although that might still be the case. These updates are meant to keep us - the interested community - well, updated about the development of the game. They are usually posted at the end of every workday.

13. Ferretic

Ferretic Aquatic Astronaut

They do a pretty good job of keeping us updated. The devs have taken a hint from what years of relative silence before updates brings.

14. GoldK

GoldK Subatomic Cosmonaut

Starbound is secretly a 2D Pokemon game :nuruninja: All that space stuff is just a front :illuminati:

15. Osucarus

Osucarus Astral Cartographer

I like that theory, lol.

I hope there are servers just for trading pets in the future.

16. gljohnson1988

gljohnson1988 Yeah, You!

How do you capture creatures in the first place? I made a "Creature Capture Station" using the same research station that gives you a skyrail table and it only gives me "Critter Capture Pods". The critters don't do anything....

17. HI-MAX²

HI-MAX² Scruffy Nerf-Herder

If so, I demand Pokémon Pet Contests!

And my not-sure-about-the-gender Wisper shall collect ribbons through the multiverse. :rainbowbarf:

It sounds like you're playing an outdated version.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2016
  18. gljohnson1988

gljohnson1988 Yeah, You!

I'm playing Glad Giraffe... downloaded directly from Steam.

19. HI-MAX²

HI-MAX² Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Cheerful Giraffe, Nightly.

20. gljohnson1988

gljohnson1988 Yeah, You!

How do you update the game?