Dev Blog 11th March - Pet Swap

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Mar 11, 2016.

1. lostdon

lostdon Void-Bound Voyager

I like where this is going.
    *money thrown*

2. Joft

Joft Orbital Explorer

Make sure the guy's Snaunt isn't holding an everstone. I've made that mistake before.

Jerk in Snowpoint cheated me out of a Gengar.

3. DarthTrethon

DarthTrethon Spaceman Spiff

Well....I mean you're only trading a captured monster....and that is only morally wrong if that monster wasn't initially hostile towards you. And the per you obtain from the trade was likely never hostile towards anyone to begin with so it's only as wrong as you treat it but if you're not a monster yourself you're saving it at best and providing it a slightly better life at worst.

4. Campaigner

Campaigner Giant Laser Beams

If I find a Lunar Miner tenant that asks for a Moontant, I'll cry laughing.

EDIT: I'm going to make recolors for each unique monster, and I'll figure out a way to make the recolor not spawn often. This will be fun.

EDIT 2: Already started, have a shiny Snaunt. This update got my pokemon juices flowing hard, and that makes me happy.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 11, 2016
  5. noobly_face

noobly_face Void-Bound Voyager

The question of why someone would want to trade away their pet comes to my mind after reading this.

6. Airstrike3

Airstrike3 Void-Bound Voyager

is a leveling system going to be put in place for the captured monsters, or for players in general?

7. Royaltop

Royaltop Astral Cartographer

You think that Monster Capturing is a side game, but I got lucky and found a monster capture pod on the first planet (Thank you random box loot) and captured the Mother Poptop Miniboss. She does a huge amount of damage, takes almost no damage even on tier 4+ planets, and has a metric load of hp.

I've stopped building weapons and just focus on useing her as a weapon to protect me while I mine out a whole planet, best part is she has a special ability to summon a baby poptop every time she is summoned, so it's like two pets for one.

8. HI-MAX²

HI-MAX² Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Next update: Shiny Pets (and then Breeding).

Btw, if some traded pets may come with special traits or items, it would be very nice.

lemon flavoured likes this.
  9. ptlans

ptlans Void-Bound Voyager

Honestly the whole pet system is part of the reason I bought the game. I get that it isn't for you but for those of us who enjoy it more, it is "Important and "creative content".

TeddyBearYoshi likes this.
  10. Spritley Jack

Spritley Jack Big Damn Hero

Trading! And then the WORLD!!!!:nuruevil:

Lintton likes this.
  11. redband_42

redband_42 Void-Bound Voyager

Gotta catch em' all.

12. Hatsya Souji

Hatsya Souji Parsec Taste Tester

I'll trade you my Orbide for an Orbide Cleaver, deal?

In alternate dimensions:

Shine Orbide, Wargrey-Orbide, Magna Orbide

Mega Orbide.

jakecool19 likes this.
  13. Titanium

Titanium Existential Complex

thank you for acknowledging the questionability

Superfast103 likes this.
  14. RainDreamer

RainDreamer Existential Complex

I wonder if we will see a comparison of some sort between their pet and ours, so we can decide of the trade is worth it.

15. TinchoX

TinchoX Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I laughed harder than I should have, now I have stomach cramps.

Superfast103 likes this.
  16. tamplar

tamplar Space Hobo

I was wondering how do I have to setup my Starbound to be able to play with the new updates I see every week because right now I'm playing on normal mode and I have never seen a quest giver NPC?

17. Thomas25181

Thomas25181 Void-Bound Voyager

So is anyone else's starbound unstable nightly completely broken on steam?

18. Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

Well as long as they are not trading a tribble to me I'll be fine...
    note: tribbles spread way too much. star trek reference.

Good to see other pet things. Almost makes it seem like a black market, but we already have that for ships... Wonder how many I will end up with over the course of my journey. Still wouldn't mind having a different ship pet though... Was that already dealt with, I don't remember.

19. lemon flavoured

lemon flavoured Aquatic Astronaut

Would certainly be cool to trade a pet and randomly get a unique item.

20. Osucarus

Osucarus Astral Cartographer

yeah, Poptop Mother is the best, I'll be abandoning any quest which needs to exchange it.

jonathonspy likes this.