Dev Blog 10th March - Is this the rail life?

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Mar 10, 2016.

1. Unknow0059

Unknow0059 Subatomic Cosmonaut

[​IMG]
    Is the rail you're going through defined by the direction you're going? As you can see there are many points where the lines meet.

lemon flavoured likes this.
  2. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

Will this replace elevators or are the existing elevators going to remain?

PabloM likes this.
  3. GeekBoy

GeekBoy Subatomic Cosmonaut

I don´t care about the rails, I think your new Profile picture looks cute !

Can you place a box on these rails?

4. DragonnFire29

DragonnFire29 Void-Bound Voyager

It's exactly what I hoped from the elevators, was something like this.

5. DragonnFire29

DragonnFire29 Void-Bound Voyager

A really good idea could be to set up some kind of villager "trigger area" system, so they could know which switches to not touch, which ones turn on lights/open doors/call an elevator.

Blevruz and Parrotte like this.
  6. Lintton

Lintton Guest

This is too cool, and I need this for my colonies!!! I should set up space for this on my magma installation!

7. Blue_Narye

Blue_Narye Void-Bound Voyager

This is so cool. I can't wait to make a roller-coaster around the planet. Maybe it will lead to lava, maybe not... Muahahahahahahahaha!

Outlaw Star and Astrih Konnash like this.
  8. GenoMech

GenoMech Cosmic Narwhal

sooooo RAILGUN turrets........puns all around

Ferretic, Relten, Parrotte and 4 others like this.
  9. BaTTaLioN CHaoS

BaTTaLioN CHaoS Void-Bound Voyager

There are multiple way's to make it work in conjunction with the (dis)connect block, not so very difficult.
    I can actually see this work with the novakid ship (the tall wagon), or even better the apex ship (bottom "cargo hold")

EDIT: it would be even better if we can use this to move fluids (like a pump)

endertrot likes this.
  10. davidlolcat

davidlolcat Subatomic Cosmonaut

Wow. Very ambitious. "Game changing".
    Its pretty clear now the current system was a stop gap measure. From a programming perspective, this is MUCH more involved. And way more fun for everyone :)

Hatsya Souji likes this.
  11. General Nuclear

General Nuclear Supernova

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

bioshock infinite had two of the worst endings to a game in game history next to the original fallout 3 ending in which both games had deathas reward at the end of the game

anyway very cool are there gonna be qusets or dungeons with those railes and elevators in them?
    also can we use a weapon in the ohter free hand like for instand a gun or a spear

Last edited: Mar 10, 2016
  12. Phantaeon

Phantaeon Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I love it. This opens up a few more dynamic building options. Which I really like. Now if only we could craft our own block-based vehicles and have rails inside them.

endertrot, Hatsya Souji and PabloM like this.
  13. Blevruz

Blevruz Phantasmal Quasar

This is awesome. Like, seriously awesome. I love how flexible the whole system is :D

I would like to suggest, would it be possible to get more control over the environment ? Like, being able to set up heaters/air conditionners/anti-radiations systems to build bases friendly to new players on more dangerous planets ? That would be truely awesome :D

Last edited: Mar 10, 2016
  14. PabloM

PabloM Pangalactic Porcupine

So presumably this replaces the skyrails.

Hatsya Souji likes this.
  15. M_Sipher

M_Sipher Oxygen Tank

Ah. MUCH Better. I wanted an elevator in my hospital, but none of the existing elevators were the right height.

I'd love a rail platform that was like an elevator cage. Or a bucket, that'd look neat in mines.

16. Peelz

Peelz Giant Laser Beams

If there is a very small elevator platform we could create escalators by stringing a whole bunch of them together on a looping track!

17. Superfast103

Superfast103 Subatomic Cosmonaut

To bad you couldn't come up with anything, since puns about monorails are decent one liners.:iswydt:

18. Crystan

Crystan Maverick Hunter

This came to my mind:

[​IMG]

Hatsya Souji likes this.
  19. TanzNukeTerror

TanzNukeTerror Ketchup Robot

If I was going to take a wild guess, I'd say you can't do 90-degree corners.

20. Pedro Falcão

Pedro Falcão Pangalactic Porcupine

Now that is an amazing improvement. Good job, guys.
    I agree with some of the ideas people posted here, too. It would be amazing to be able to use these as conveyor belts. I'd be able to make my own Swiss bank!