10th July Progress

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Tiy, Jul 11, 2013.

1. Jackyshan

Jackyshan Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Bigger inventory THANK YOU STARBOUND'S GODS :D

2. M0du5

M0du5 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

:up: I would imagine that more inventory was warranted given the extremely large number of items in the game. Super stoke to see the grapple hook. It sounds like a really cool addition seeing as how the game will focus more on spelunking rather than tunneling/mining. To all of the "omgwtf when is beta coming out" people, look at what waiting gives you. Cool new items, a bigger inventory, bosses, new physics, etc etc. Keep up the great work :chucklefish:. I am continually blown away with the awesomeness of every new addition to the game. :viking:

3. Core

Core Scruffy Nerf-Herder

More Space = More Space :DD
    Wait...I mean like...more space for more space exploration...
    But anyways, love the work you guys are doing, couldn't be better :)

4. Nylas

Nylas Void-Bound Voyager

bump

5. TheSpoon

TheSpoon Big Damn Hero

No.

Sheerhatred likes this.
  6. Borristheviking

Borristheviking Aquatic Astronaut

FINAL to do lists,ey? :) awesome and the inventory looks really cool. Hope it comes out soon...

7. Silvador

Silvador Phantasmal Quasar

I like the look of the new inventory. It's not overly huge but not so small that it looks cramped. I feel that it is a very comfortable size.

8. TypicalTulley

TypicalTulley Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Rather than making the inventory larger as a whole I would like to see the implementation of backpacks, pouches, or attachable baggage on mounts and/or pets to increase inventory size, giving the players the feeling of being either a hardcore miner, merchant, or over all packrat while others may want to be stand alone knight/space marine (whatever strikes your fancy) with a high defense. Meaning you can either choose to equip a backpack that grants you extra inventory or keep wearing that meteorite necklace (made that up) to up your strength and defense. Also I was waiting for the boss bit to come along :p I had a very simple idea for QUITE awhile that I have not had time for writing down or posting concept art but check this out, A creature that is in-fact a chunk of land animated by a certain ore found scattered throughout it's body. They can be very large or very small, levitate or crawl, or both, but altogether lethal using trees to un-root and attack you, having vines lash at you when trying to climb up it's gritty sides, and it can flood itself with various liquids to make sure you can't reach it's ore (it's only reason for living). Upon mining all the bit's of ore it will fall apart and you will have walked away with a very precious mineral. This would make the characters pay more attention too and memorize their environment rather than running past everything cause you never know you might feel the ground start shaking beneath your feet and you will have gotten into a combat you were not prepared for ;) Anyways I would love to portray this on the forums with pretty pictures and whatnot but that's if I find the time and maybe if I get some motivation. So if any one even the Chucklefish staff (that's right you guys I'm talking too you) if your interested and would like to speculate just give me a shout out. Oh and by the way your hard work and dedication on this game stay at home space explorer are really going to pay off for both the fans and yourselves. One more thing how about a Terraformer as the name of the beast, sound catchy?

9. Magnivus

Magnivus Master Chief

hopefully there will be a way to extend the backpack size with a item or pet, because like all open world games i dont head back to home base till my pockets are bulging with goodies

10. failcake

failcake Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Looks great, do think item icons should be bigger :)

11. KernelPanic

KernelPanic Phantasmal Quasar

The new one good. :) I hope it has enough space now. But I know myself and I"ll probably run out of space soon enough. :-S

12. Electric0Eye

Electric0Eye Phantasmal Quasar

Looking good Tiy!

13. SirRandomness

SirRandomness Void-Bound Voyager

The bigger inventory looks much better, especially if you keep the items stacking to 999 like we've seen in all the video footage thus far :D And the grappling hook / ninja rope is getting so much hype! and now similar items will be implemented as well I CANT WAIT EXCEPT I CAN BECAUSE IVE BEEN WAITING SINCE IT WAS ANOUNCED...I hope that beta is on its way :/

14. Annoctatio

Annoctatio Pangalactic Porcupine

Definitely a lot better.

15. Mayson Davis

Mayson Davis Aquatic Astronaut

Say you find an item that you can't risk losing or you have no space for. If you want to keep it it will teleport the item to your ship for use later. I think...

16. SpaceKGreen

SpaceKGreen Existential Complex

I am fully supportive of anything that lets me take longer trips of collecting ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING for my INTERGALACTIC COMPENDIUM OF ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING.

*adjusts inner "estimation of release date" by a few days*

17. azarga

azarga Big Damn Hero

Bigger inventory is great. But what with those FAT WHITE BORDERS on items' icons? They probably represent item's rarity, but why make them SO wide. 2-3 times thinner will still be as representive.

18. seevenup

seevenup Contact!

looks great to me. How about the Idea of the abillity to have a "bag " with u. Like when u want to collect ressources over the world, u could take ur crafted bag with u which increase the invetory slots by [XY]
    So usually u dont take the bag with u just when u know u are going to collect a lot of things :D Like a farme which collects his corn :D

19. Lokisan

Lokisan Phantasmal Quasar

I like the idea of several tabs to increase the inventory even further. I already see me ferrying my stuff to the ship every minute cause I want to keep the 15 different colored trousers and my uber collection of fancy hats ^^

20. zari

zari Void-Bound Voyager

Awesome job! Now I can pull out the champagne from the cellar.