10th July Progress

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Tiy, Jul 11, 2013.

1. Silican Beat

Silican Beat Subatomic Cosmonaut

Now you can look hip and take a hit with all new.. Tiy Armor.
    Grants 4096 Defense.
    Get yours today !

Toxic-Ion155 and Oudech like this.
  2. Necrius

Necrius Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I like bigger inventory. It sucks to return to your base for selling and putting stuff to the storage.

3. Subject IX

Subject IX Master Chief

very awesome :D would feel more RPG like if we could only equip more items like neck, wrist, belt,boots that each would have their own properties, or just different enchantments or reinforcement on the armors would do the same :D anyways increasing the inventory space was a good idea :D keep rocking ^.^

4. Jayson

Jayson Big Damn Hero

I like it! I never really liked that tiny, cramped inventory before. this is nicer.

5. Ammonite

Ammonite Space Penguin Leader

I assume you would see the cost if you drop an item there, then you will have to click to send to ship.

Anyway, the size of the inventory seems good now, will you add bagpacks like in dont starve?
    Also i'd prefer it if you'd put...frames around the tech and pet section if you know what i mean. So they dont free float around in the inventory screen (apart from the small black bars).
    Now that i just said that...i demand the black bar generator from futurama for the public sauna i'm going to build! :chucklefish:

6. Sebek

Sebek Master Chief

Great work guys!! How can we help ? :p

7. Duvi0

Duvi0 Void-Bound Voyager

But... but they did. They did, and they're not changing it.

Minnigin likes this.
  8. acrossmymind

acrossmymind Void-Bound Voyager

It wouldn't be a big deal to me, given that you could beam treasure back to the ship at any given moment. If you implemented a device that would be the requirement to beam stuff back to the ship(as in, a trans-matter relay) that has a high creation cost suitable to the given world's atmousphere, then the need for inventory slots seems more viable, eh?

9. Shalderave

Shalderave Big Damn Hero

SEND TO SHIP I love you, I love you, I lvoe you.

10. CubeX

CubeX Void-Bound Voyager

Is there going to be any backpack extensions? I mean im not sure how many individual items theres going to be, but im guessing a lot.

11. Baku Vicen

Baku Vicen Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Funny how in some games the character can carry dozens of objects without blinking (head comes to Skyrim). I know it's unnecessary, but I would limit the objects to 10, unless the character has a backpack, in which case, he/she can add the rest. Anyway, this will be the future, so with nanotechnology everything is possible
    Apart from this point, I like the new design and I think 40 objects is well balanced.
    Great update

12. fallingorbit

fallingorbit Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

This is so exciting, it's like the game is right on the cusp of feature complete. Thanks for the update.

13. Zeek931

Zeek931 Space Spelunker

Inventory looks amazing guys, please do keep up the work! You all are doing an amazing job! Thanks for all of your hard work. It won't go unappreciated but the majority of us!

14. Cpt Janeway

Cpt Janeway Master Chief

love the inventory, looks amazing! BTW have an entire community of people over here in Washington D.C. that can not wait to play! a bunch of us have already ordered 4 packs

15. Zalgo

Zalgo Void-Bound Voyager

I am so very intensely eager to play Starbound, oh yes indeed.

Also, I love the fact you can wear cosmetic items over your practical gear. Of course Tiy's fashion gear is the ultimate armor in the game so there was apparently no need to slot it as cosmetic anyways as I can plainly see.

16. Oudech

Oudech Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Not quite!

Also, the inventory looks absolutely gorgeous. :)

17. Hammerhead

Hammerhead Orbital Explorer

Cool, can we play the game now?

Nylas likes this.
  18. parkour86

parkour86 Void-Bound Voyager

I'm loving that inventory UI.

19. Mukin

Mukin Scruffy Nerf-Herder

big inventory? = more exploration

20. Ian

Ian Subatomic Cosmonaut

I cant judge what a good bag size is until I actually can play the game and see how fast the bags fill up... soooooooo Beta? lol kidding (sigh my heart is breaking everyday a beta is absent) BUT it looks good, the UI is easy to understand, and you get what its saying while looking clean, don't worry about the UI until after beta though since the complaints about the UI really differ once people actually use it.