Dev Blog 10th February - Space/Off

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Feb 10, 2017.

1. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

I for one can't wait to see the reactions of the Frackin' Universe team. :nurunega:

2. Mirzero

Mirzero Void-Bound Voyager

Very StarCon 2.

Very OMG I love it and I want it and I need it and I must have it.

Cally94 likes this.
  3. bjorn0411

bjorn0411 Phantasmal Quasar

WAOW!
    This was better than I expected, I was hoping to see perhaps some interesting story content from that gif with a spaceship, but was expecting nothing more than a random dungeon found on asteroids.
    But now this?! Holy shit guys, I mean its gonna feel just a tiiiiny bit sad to see a UI thats been there since the start go away, but this is still amazing, and if done even slightly right (dont want it to turn into a time-sink mini game to keep you busy whilst traveling, would feel a bit dumb, but I dont think thats gonna be the case) this could be a complete game changer.

Ohh, and PLEASE let us set up a space station with this, let us place a dot in the map to call our own, give our own name and all that stuff, that would be SO cool!

4. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

If they (CF) do it right, I don't think this will affect FU much in terms of getting the mod ready for that update.

Now... I'm sure @sayter 's brain will be overflowing with new ideas that he could do with this, though. Cthulhu-infested ships masquerading as trader ships, maybe? lol

5. Cally94

Cally94 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I cannot wait to try this out when it's released. Chucklefish really is doing an awesome job on this game. The new vehicles have me especially excited! :nuruhype:

6. Sirius_Morningstar

Sirius_Morningstar Scruffy Nerf-Herder

But but.. the giant erchius fuel monster is still gonna eat me when I try to resupply.. i'm scared. I wanna explore.. but the moon monster.. the moon monster! ˃̣̣̥⌓˂̣̣̥

Jareix Cryvix, exocosmic and Cally94 like this.
  7. bjorn0411

bjorn0411 Phantasmal Quasar

Ohh, one thing, this gif isnt much to go off of, but from it it looks like you have to move out to zoom out, and the only way to zoom into a planet/star system/whatever, you have to actually move over to it.
    Whilst that isnt a problem on paper, its realistic, it doesnt exactly sound that fun, I dont wanna have to hop aimlessly hoping to find a planet im looking for, I sincerely hope theres gonna be the same kind of "browsing" mechanic as there was before, and you can still view the map completely fine without having to actually plot a course.

Again, its realistic in a way, but it simply doesnt sound that fun to me, having to hope that I find the right planet as im hoping around, probably wasting fuel, sounds like its very time consuming, and very dependent on RNG for finding a planet that suits a player.

I'm assuming much from a simple GIF, but I really hope this isnt the case.

8. Megumin

Megumin Guest

more like SPORE

9. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Now THAT looks quite impressive! gives a really good idea of how much space there is to the systems

Cally94 likes this.
  10. Megumin

Megumin Guest

i wish there was small battles with pirates like (grox)

11. MottSpott

MottSpott Void-Bound Voyager

What!! WHAT!!!! Wow!!!

I mean this as no slight, but my expectations for "we're improving space" were mostly limited to fleshing out he asteroid areas a bit, maybe adding some approximation of weightlessness or whatever. This goes LIGHT YEARS beyond that! Super, super exited!

12. STCW262

STCW262 Heliosphere

The gif also shows other moving ships. Will there be hostile ships? And how will space combat work? And what happens upon losing a space fight? Will there be some sort of space non-ship vehicles such as space fighters? If so, will they work on the surface of planets as well?

13. Airstrike3

Airstrike3 Void-Bound Voyager

Will we be able to own multiple ships at one point, and maybe space combat? I mean some of the ships design has cannons and we never use them.

14. Kane_HUN

Kane_HUN Aquatic Astronaut

Finally I may be able to use those cannons on my ship for once! Just imagine the smell of gunpowder in the vastness of space as my cannonballs rip apart a hi-tech enemy ship!

Cally94 likes this.
  15. FloranFighter

FloranFighter Subatomic Cosmonaut

Space combat was confirmed a long time ago, though whether it will be in this initial update or not, I don't think so. But I am still so excited to see where this leads, what kind of encounters we might have. I'm imagining a possibility for boarding pods and such, possibly even new functions for crew members, or new types in general, like a weapons expert.

Cally94 likes this.
  16. Jackie2581

Jackie2581 Title Not Found

Now the only thing that would be better for me is a version of the USCM

17. Kane_HUN

Kane_HUN Aquatic Astronaut

Imagine a scenario where space cops ambush and capture you and put you in a USCM prison where you have to break out to use use ship's beam to escape! There are countless RP scenarios which they could implement! (I use exclamation marks because I am excited)

Masta Killa, Hatsya Souji and Cally94 like this.
  18. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

would finally have a reason to put turrets on a shipX3 Oooh! or boarding!

Masta Killa and Cally94 like this.
  19. Sharp(JQ)

Sharp(JQ) Ketchup Robot

I finally get my space station?

20. GingerQ

GingerQ Void-Bound Voyager

AAAAHHHH YESSSSSSS