1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

1-Handed Rocket Spear?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Starman04, Jun 11, 2017.

1. Starman04

Starman04 Master Chief

I spend a lot of time in space, so I use a rocket spear frequently. The problem is, spears kinda suck for dealing with space enemies. Is there any way (with admin commands) to make a 1-handed rocket spear, so I can use a gun in the other hand? Thanks for the help!

Last edited: Jun 11, 2017
  2. Jerln

Jerln Oxygen Tank

Not that I'm aware of, because making it 1-handed would make it so that you can't use the secondary ability. Besides, using a gun won't help either, space enemies have extremely high health to match the mech's extremely high damage.

3. Photoloss

Photoloss Industrial Terraformer

Neither the Rocket Spear nor the Drill Spear will work. You can make a 1-handed gun that launches you via gravityexplosion or the like though. Or you could edit the spear primary's "hold" damage and hitbox to make it viable.

4. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

And anyway,,since rocketspear is treated as a secondary, it is impossible to set it to primary
    So yeah, grav explosions might work, but it won't be that easy to flyaround, unless you set it on a gun with a good cadency with a smooth, flamethrower pattern.
    A thing that I could do this weekend, if you ask, and anyway, I'm gonna study that solution ^^

5. Starman04

Starman04 Master Chief

Yeah, I tried using a pistol that shoots 5 ngravity explosions, which is fast, and one handed, but almost impossible to control. If you make a breakthrough, let me know!

D.M.G. likes this.
  6. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

I'll make sure to take alook at it ^^

7. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

ThatThunderCookie already made something like what you want, but it's a wand, not a spear: