1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback 1.5 update

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Random192, Oct 7, 2017.

1. Random192

Random192 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I think that after 1.4 comes and when they start working on 1.5 is that it should be a major weapons rebalance update.
    There were so many cool weapons removed in the full release like starcleaver or annoyance of the gods. It would be nice to see them return in a balanced way.

2. Tlactl

Tlactl Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I liked the racial weapons too, but I haven't seen any dev talk about them ever returning, so they probably won't return for a long time if they come back at all

3. FoxDE2

FoxDE2 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

They should add a lot more animations for weapons. I get that they made hammers/axes unique that you can swing them (but it's honestly so unusable I don't even bother,) but with swords...I mean they should release a special line of katana only weapons, add Violium Broadsword and Solus Katana to this mix and just give them a lot more swing animations. On the other 1.4 suggestion thread I uploaded a lot of various animations (even though at the time I designed all of the ideas for Terraria, I ended up moving on from that game and used the sprite ideas to suggest stuff to Starbound,) I gave them a lot of slash animations I think would work wonderfully for katanas. Have them slice from side to side, an underhand swing as well as an overhand swing. There just needs to be a lot more of exciting movements, and possibly random movements chosen from a RNG pool of movements your katana could possibly make.

They shouldn't just add new battle mechanics overhaul with new weapon animations and attacks, they should totally make LOTS of unique epic weapons which you can get from a unique vendor they add to the outpost, who, like the one who trades your rarities for other rarities, would take your rarest items (legendary fish, insects in bottles, figurines, monsters in pods, fossils, rare cosmetic armors, etc.) It should ask you for a LOT of them per item, and maybe have 10-20 unique weapons you can get from this vendor as well as different armors. With the legendary fish, they should make it where the critter transporter gun will 'give' the fish inside of it to the vendor and have the vendor be able to tell what's inside of those guns.

The vendor would ask for like....2x (monster name) figurines, 1x (legendary fish), 2x (rare insects), T-Rex skull, 2x Parasprite in capture pods, and a Tricorn Hat in exchange for a legendary Katana weapon. Using an EG of a katana, it could be a Kunimitusu Katana which has animations which aren't just swings, but like Castlevania SOTN it could have a slice animation which moves before the sword and hits enemies almost like a projectile. Each swing would take energy due to the blade slice animation/projectile and it'd also be doing things like slicing from side to side, slicing from an underhand swing as well as an overhand swing, etc.

Weapons like that would be wild, and would definitely add spice to Starbound. I mean I love Starbound and I think it's a great game already, but no one I know says the battle mechanics in Starbound are memorable. That should change.