1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

1.4 information

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by FoxDE2, Jun 15, 2019.

1. FoxDE2

FoxDE2 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hi, is there any place I can see all of the new updates to the 1.4 patch? My old computer died and I've been using my mother's computer. I have my old files saved so I can try to get my old stuff back when I get a new computer, but it'd be fun to see what it has in it before then.

Thank you :)

If there isn't any compiled information yet, maybe people can post their discoveries to this thread? That way, everyone can know what we find.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2019
  2. Beatrice

Beatrice Spaceman Spiff

3. Ludovic

Ludovic Giant Laser Beams

There's only one bit that has me curious:
    "-Remove monster families and variantParameters"

This feels like it specifically ties into the sort of terms I'd imagine for randomized monsters. Could this mean those are gone or is it a refference to something else that could instead apply to the non-random monsters(especially the "elemental variants"?).

To a degree I would be a bit sad yet... not utterly if that was the case as though I always loved the idea of procedural monsters on paper I'm aware their practical inclusion in-game was always a bit less than perfect or a compromise at best due to a lot of difficulties they likely would have represented in development, so I'd understand if they had been removed as simple aknowledgement the concept just didn't work out in the fashion it was implemented(elemental variant of the "unique" monsters already might represent a more *functional* variety of monster with more logicial/fitting visual concepts for their abilities than procedurals ever ended producing).

Though I could be wrong and procedurals are still around?