1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

1.1 update broke coloney deeds and crops.

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by moho1789, Sep 12, 2016.

1. moho1789

moho1789 Space Hobo

Hi, wondered if anyone has any advice or knows of a fix for this. Since the update, I lost all my bookmarks, which I managed to work around and find my planets again. But anything in the game to do with time seems to be broken. Crops arnt growing and coloney members arnt giving out the money or items anymore. let me know if you have similar issues or suggestions as I have seen nobody writing about this stuff lately. Thanks

2. kittentamer

kittentamer Existential Complex

Do you have any mods running? Or where you perhaps playing on a server? The bookmarks are based on whose universe you are in. As for the time not working...no clue. I don't know anyone who had these issues after the update.

3. tehcavy

tehcavy Ketchup Robot

Remove crops and deeds, place them again. That's the only way around. Silk Traps and farm animals have the same troubles, you can fix Silk Traps by removing them and placing again, but for animals, unfortunately, the only solution is to buy a new ones.

My hypothesis is that 1.1 isn't reading universe.data properly which breaks the stuff stored in it, that is, bookmarks, crops, tenants and animals (or, to be specific, time that passed since last harvest/rent), player position (did you end up on random Gentle planet orbit too?) and quest flags.

4. Iaeyan Elyuex

Iaeyan Elyuex Cosmic Narwhal

Yeah, I was wondering about the bookmarks. I wanted to explore a planet before school, and I get on the server and find out that I have no bookmarks. Dang it, Chucklefish, this is NOT what I need to be worrying about before Critical Thinking class. Now I have to do my homework for my Outlook class, do my homework for my Public Speaking class, then try to find all my stuff again, or maybe /warp to all my planets and reset the flags. And there are lots of flags. I also have to break the bad news to everyone on my server (my siblings) when they get home from school. It's stuff like this that makes me wish that developers of games would just release the full game, maybe a couple of bugfix updates, then leave the finished, polished, bug-free game to the modders and go design something else. Lenna's Inception looks really fun, but I'm fairly certain that CF is too thinly spread to worry about that one much.

At least I got some more immersion in knowing what Erchius smells like. Syrup, according to a miner tenant.

5. kittentamer

kittentamer Existential Complex

This must only affect servers because I haven't seen any of this with my single-player game. I asked about the server, because the planets, bookmarks and teleport locations are based on the host server. So if I joined my friend's game via steam, my bookmarks and teleport locations aren't there from my own universe. Maybe the update cleared the visitor's log? Did the server host lose their bookmarks?