1.1 Beta Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ConcernedApe, Sep 28, 2016.

1. Gibbsypoo

Gibbsypoo Space Hobo

I already pointed this out to CA and he fixed it! Happy farming!

• ConcernedApe

ConcernedApe Stardew Valley Dev Developer

I figured out what is causing the sleep crash after visiting the new sewer area... it happens if you don't collect the dark talisman while there. I will fix it, but in the meantime you could get past it by grabbing the dark talisman while there

Allenb60 and Pudassassin like this.
      • Siertes

Siertes Aquatic Astronaut

Summary of issue: Return Scepter icon changed to that of the gardening hoe upon reloading a save

Expected Behavior: The original scepter icon should be there.

Actual Behavior: The scepter is displayed as a hoe in the item bar, but its teleportation function remains intact.

Steps for Reproduction: (Assumption) Upon obtaining the return scepter from the shop and saving the game, exit the game and reload your save.

What Operating System are you using: Windows 7

Summary of issue: When teleporting out of the mine using the return scepter, the music from the mines persisted even after returning to the farm.

Expected Behavior: The music should change or cease to match the location

Actual Behavior: The music of the original location persisted even though this particular music never plays on the farm.

Steps for Reproduction: Go to a level on the mine that plays music. Use the return scepter. The mine music should continue playing.

What Operating System are you using: Windows 7

• gullydwarf

gullydwarf Intergalactic Tourist

Summary of issue: When going from windowed mode to full screen in the character creation menu, tooltip for farm types can be covered up by the "NEW" game button

Expected Behavior: Tooltips should be on top layer

Actual Behavior:

Steps for Reproduction: Open game in windowed mode. Click on new game. Change to fullscreen mode. Tooltips will not show up behind the "new" button from the previous menu. (picture attached)

What Operating System are you using: Windows 10 (screen resolution 1920x1200)

Not sure if this was fixed when you corrected the back button tooltip overlay issue

Attached Files:

• bug1.jpg
              bug1.jpg
              File size:
              361.5 KB
              Views:
          • ShneekeyTheLost

ShneekeyTheLost Master Astronaut

Also, as a Feature Request: option to Exit to Start Menu instead of Exit to Desktop, for those of us who are switching back and forth between saves

Ipielle, boodaboo5 and Pudassassin like this.
            • SteampunkAndroid

SteampunkAndroid Orbital Explorer

Heya! It's me again! I found another minor bug, hope it's alright to report!

Summary of issue: If player exits the cellar on the same side as a chest on the ground floor, player will be stuck on the chest and unable to move.

Expected Behavior: exit on the available tile

Actual Behavior: stuck on my box o' fish

Steps for Reproduction: place a chest in front of the stairwell, enter cellar and re-exit on side of chest

What Operating System are you using: Windows 10 64-Bit

Attached Files:

• Jthulu

Jthulu Intergalactic Tourist

Summary of Issue: Save not loading with latest patch

Expected behaviour: Save to load as normal

Actual Behaviour: Save does not load. And I have not installed mods

Steps for Reproduction: Download my save and load it? MEGA link here

Operating on Windows 10 Pro 64 bit on a Surface Pro 3
                Error Log here

Message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                InnerException:
                Stack Trace: at StardewValley.AnimalHouse.feedAllAnimals()
                at StardewValley.NPC.marriageDuties()
                at StardewValley.NPC.reloadSprite()
                at StardewValley.SaveGame.loadDataToLocations(List`1 gamelocations)
                at StardewValley.SaveGame.<getLoadEnumerator>d__50.MoveNext()
                at StardewValley.Game1.UpdateTitleScreen(GameTime time)
                at StardewValley.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime)
                at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
                at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.HostIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
                at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameHost.OnIdle()
                at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.RunOneFrame()
                at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
                at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
                at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
                at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
                at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
                at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
                at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.Run()
                at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
                at StardewValley.Program.Main(String[] args)

Last edited: Sep 29, 2016
                • pinklemon

pinklemon Space Hobo

Summary of issue: Paused the game and it zoomed in on one corner and went black except for shrubs

Expected Behavior: Game normally sits on inventory box until player returns with no change to, well, everything

Actual Behavior: Paused the game on the inventory screen and left my computer for a while, returned to find it zoomed in to the bottom corner, with an empty black background behind the shrubs. Could still un-pause and run around, just zoomed in.

Steps for Reproduction: Pause on inventory and abandon it until the your character presumably transports to the underworld

What Operating System are you using: Mac OS Sierra

Attached Files:

• Gap0911

Gap0911 Big Damn Hero

Summary of issue: Pressing + and - on the lighting quality buttons moves the cursor to the zoom buttons

Expected Behavior: Cursor does not move away from lighting quality buttons

Actual Behavior: Cursor moves from lighting quality buttons to zoom buttons on click

Steps for Reproduction: Open the settings menu, scroll to lighting quality buttons, and click

What Operating System are you using: Windows 7 32-bit

• Dougl07

Dougl07 Pangalactic Porcupine

Summary of issue: When I try to turn in the dark Talisman for the wizard's quest, neither the wizard nor krobus accepts it. The quest is also gone from My journal.

Expected Behavior:

Actual Behavior:

Steps for Reproduction:

What Operating System are you using: Windows 8

• naiad

naiad Yeah, You!

Summary of issue: Items gathered from chopping branches/cutting weeds/breaking stones on the river farm map will immediately fall into nearby bodies of water despite being several tiles away.

Expected Behavior: Items should land on the ground until they're picked up.

Actual Behavior: Items fall into nearby water, complete with splash animation and sound. Sometimes they'll end up in the inventory anyway but there appears to be no reliable way to position the PC to ensure they collect items.

Steps for Reproduction: Cut weeds or chop wood or gather stone on the fishing map within about five tiles of water. This seems to happen more near the southern half of the map. I have not been able to reproduce this problem anywhere else.

What Operating System are you using: Windows 8

• scrptrx

scrptrx Void-Bound Voyager

• Pierre now sells a "Catalogue" furniture item that can be used for unlimited free access to all wallpapers and floors.
                          • Robin now sells a "Furniture Catalogue" furniture item that can be used for unlimited free access to nearly all furnitures.
                          marry me.

Devstorm and LuthienNightwolf like this.
                          • shinylittlebeast

shinylittlebeast Space Hobo

Summary of issue: Game crashes after attempting to play on savefile 2

Expected Behavior: Game playing normally after switching from save 1 to save 2

Actual Behavior: Played on savefile 1 for about an hour, restarted game, tried playing on savefile 2 but it crashes on the loading screen

Steps for Reproduction:

What Operating System are you using: OSX Yosemite

• SideshowLoki

SideshowLoki Space Hobo

Summary of issue: Talking to Sebastian/spouse multiple times causes crash

Expected Behavior: Resume gameplay as normal

Actual Behavior: First the character stops moving their legs. Bringing up the menu begins a slow crash that starts with not being able to click on anything and eventually the game freezes.

Steps for Reproduction: Talk to Sebastian/spouse when they are outside. Keep talking to them until they get to the part where they kiss you. The error begins when Sebastian/spouse kisses you, but you don't have the kissing animation for the character.

What Operating System are you using: Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

• Pudassassin

Pudassassin Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Just a suggestion, could you reconsider the material cost of Fluteblock/Drumblocks? I found out that using 20 fibers to craft each is a bit too costly

• adeadbar

adeadbar Space Hobo

Summary of issue:
                                  Game crashes when saving sleeping and passing out has the same effect

Expected Behavior:

Game should save and start new game

Actual Behavior:
                                  Game crashes and produces this crash log

Message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. InnerException: Stack Trace: at StardewValley.FarmAnimal.dayUpdate(GameLocation environtment) at StardewValley.AnimalHouse.DayUpdate(Int32 dayOfMonth) at StardewValley.Buildings.Building.dayUpdate(Int32 dayOfMonth) at StardewValley.Buildings.Barn.dayUpdate(Int32 dayOfMonth) at StardewValley.Locations.BuildableGameLocation.DayUpdate(Int32 dayOfMonth) at StardewValley.Farm.DayUpdate(Int32 dayOfMonth) at StardewValley.Game1.newDayAfterFade() at StardewValley.Game1.UpdateOther(GameTime time) at StardewValley.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime) at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick() at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.HostIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e) at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameHost.OnIdle() at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.RunOneFrame() at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef) at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData) at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context) at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context) at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm) at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.Run() at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun) at StardewValley.Program.Main(String[] args)

Steps for Reproduction:

Sleep or pass out

What Operating System are you using:

Windows 10 64bit

• SterlingLuster

SterlingLuster Void-Bound Voyager

Summary of issue:
                                    Characters not saying introductory phrases first
                                    Expected Behavior:
                                    Get the "Hi, I'm "Name" before small talk
                                    Actual Behavior:
                                    Getting post introduction dialogue before getting NPC introductory dialogue
                                    Steps for Reproduction:
                                    Happened with Alex, Jodi, Vincent, Leah, and Elliott.
                                    What Operating System are you using:
                                    Win. 10

Dunno if it's actually an issue, I just remember getting names before small talk.

• Hiprosa

Hiprosa Big Damn Hero

If i've already lost my galaxy sword (passed out in the skull cavern) is there any way to get it back with this update, short of making a new file?

• Riguel

Riguel Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Not like a gamebreaking bug but more it doesn't exactly make a whole lot of sense with its placement. There is a window on the wall that is pointed toward Shane's room from the kitchen. The rest of the walls leading to the rooms which are the same thickness don't have this. Unless Marnie likes keeping an eye on Shane's secret glowing closet, it kind of doesn't make sense for a window to be there.

[​IMG]

Devstorm likes this.
                                        • MoonlitBrenya

MoonlitBrenya Existential Complex

Summary of issue: Standing/walking on bench in house on hilltop farm.

Expected Behavior: to be forced to walk around it.

Actual Behavior: can walk across the benches as if they aren't there. I can still pick them up and move them like regular furniture, but the farmer ignores them when walking

Standing on bench.png

Steps for Reproduction: Start Hilltop Farm game, the walk over the bench.

What Operating System are you using: Windows 7 64bit