1.1 Beta Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ConcernedApe, Sep 28, 2016.

1. tinycarol

tinycarol Space Hobo

No, I'm in Spain and my OS is in spanish. But I play the game in english and my character's name doesn't contain non-english characters.

Thanks for the quick response!

• xcedra

xcedra Master Chief

I REALLY REALLY REALLY would like to STOP hoeing my sprinklers.... So frustrating when I accidentally hit them because I am trying to re-hoe my frield and the upgrad gets it.... seriously can these just be removed with only the pick axe??? they are made of metal after all. I swear half my first day of the month is spent replacing these things after I hoe them >.<

• BaconBaka

BaconBaka Subatomic Cosmonaut

There is a way around that. All you gotta do is remove the sprinkler, place a bit of flooring on the bottom of the sprinkler, then put the sprinkler back. Thus, your days of hoing your sprinklers are more or less done. :)

Here's a bit of an example. Happy Farming! :)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 5, 2016
          xcedra, Pudassassin and Ladysarajane like this.
        • Ladysarajane

Ladysarajane Existential Complex

Put a floor tile down, before you place the sprinkler on top of it, and you can hoe away and not move the sprinklers.

Pudassassin likes this.
          • Pudassassin

Pudassassin Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Try place any tile under where you place your sprinkler, that way you don't need to worry about uprooting them!
            Oh wait.... lol

Ladysarajane likes this.
            • Ladysarajane

Ladysarajane Existential Complex

Yeah, we were too sloow! :)

Pudassassin likes this.
              • Pudassassin

What is even funnier is the fact that we all three response immediately!

Ladysarajane likes this.
                • BaconBaka

BaconBaka Subatomic Cosmonaut

Yeah, sorry about that. ^^;

Pudassassin and Ladysarajane like this.
                  • Pudassassin

I found a bug about Robin's dialogue :
                    Wrong place.png
                    Well, Robin. She is not suppose to be mention about it right here, in the saloon...
                    (Windows 7 64-bit, Steam build ID : 1371438)

• Snipes8117

Snipes8117 Void-Bound Voyager

*sees beta is out*

*immediately spreads the news all across steam and twitter*

... don't worry man I'm keeping it low key for ya ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• bluumberry

bluumberry Void-Bound Voyager

Someone reported a while ago that there's no light in the greenhouse at night. I've finally made it to the point where I have my own greenhouse and I too am missing the night light from there. Also the shed suffers a similar problem(unless that is deliberate).

• Lysa

Lysa Space Penguin Leader

The shed is decoratable so we can add lights. No idea if that's possible with the greenhouse though.

• bluumberry

bluumberry Void-Bound Voyager

The greenhouse used to be lit up at night though.

• Thahat

Thahat Void-Bound Voyager

Summary of issue:
                              Shaking the frit tree on the right of the house crashes the game

Expected Behavior:
                              The game not crashing, but the tree has no fruit, so nothing!

Actual Behavior:
                              game crashes

Steps for Reproduction:

have my save
                              https://www.dropbox.com/sh/dphryglmwzbqqcd/AAB2fsmPNdoaesF0xLRcz6bGa?dl=0

use it, shake the tree.
                              Additional crash was caused when i accidentally crash in between the boxes on the right of the house. may be accidental tree-shake related.

What Operating System are you using:
                              windows 7 64 bit

• Dewten

Dewten Space Hobo

Summary of issue:
                                The base game never did, but this beta crashed on three occasions. The first two, while I was having a lot of bombs explode in the mines (on soil). The last one, while I was tilling the soil on B9F in the skull cavern. I believe it's because of the same reason, which probably has to do with excavating something buggy.

Expected Behavior:

The game manages to till up every patch of soil

Actual Behavior:

It stops responding

Steps for Reproduction:

Find a floor with a lot of soil in (either?) of the mines and either start tilling it up with the hoe or use bombs to do the same. The quickest way is probably to just stock up on a lot of big bombs and quickly run through the floors (only took 2-3 minutes to find a patch that made the game crash when I did this).

What Operating System are you using:
                                Windows 10 Home 64 bit

• ekffie

ekffie Phantasmal Quasar

Hey CA,
                                  you wrote once that the controller controls are a bit sloppy...
                                  Will they be overhauled ? and if yes how is this planned - will it be on the development road to the console releases?
                                  Just curios ...

things I find most icking ;
                                  tried to water a six by six plot with copper can in the end of day ingame hour and the hitbox was jumping around so much and waterd not the plots I had in mind, didn't make it and passed out..
                                  also still can't access chests/machines diagonally from me - saw my kids do it with mouse and keyboard..
                                  cursor still often vanishes when opening chests - you see the textbox with the itemdescription but no cursor. remedy: close chest walk one step go back try again
                                  machines can smoothly be filled and harvestet when running above them. If you need to do it from below you have to bump in every single one
                                  Setting things up - machines furnite is very, very tedious because I just uses the cursor not the direction in which my char looks. also using X in place of A was not logical for me. At first time trying it, I thought it was not even possible. Now I forget how when I didn't play awhile.

But: I am very grateful that Stardew can be played by controller..
                                  In my many years of practise I could never ever play a game smoothly using wasd .. (and I had my first PC without mouse in the 80s *cough* and I can play the piano reasonably well, so whyever -.-)

Even these are small annoyances and only that.. I mean I clocked 390h online.. don't ask about the offline time ;-)
                                  Thanks for every minute of it :)

Last edited: Oct 5, 2016
                                    ChaosAzeroth and xcedra like this.
                                  • HarvestTroll

HarvestTroll Tentacle Wrangler

First a small non issue :

Summary of issue :
                                    Holding a giftable item during a festival shows the gift icon on NPCs (Moonlight Jellies in the current case).

Expected Behavior : The normal cursor appears.

Actual Behavior : The gift cursor appears

Steps for Reproduction : Hold as active item a giftable one during a festival and cursor over an NPC.

Then something more substantial :

Summary of issue : The first time I sold honey I received 8240 G for Poppy Honeyx4. The second time I sold only one it was 380 G as supposed to be.

Expected Behavior : Receive 1520 G for 4 Poppy Honeys.

Actual Behavior : Received 8240 G for 4 Poppy Honeys.

Steps for Reproduction : No idea as it was back to normal the following day and forgot to back the save up. The only other Farm goods sold were a Corn and a gold Hot Pepper. Will try to sell a batch of 4 Poppy Honeys again to see if it does anything.

What Operating System are you using : Windows 10 Home 64 bit

• Jeric

Jeric Intergalactic Tourist

Summary of issue: Hit stone with an ax and it crashed the game

Expected Behavior: Stone breaks

Actual Behavior: Crashes game.

Steps for Reproduction: hit another stone with the ax

What Operating System are you using: Windows 10

Last edited: Oct 6, 2016
                                      • xcedra

xcedra Master Chief

I agree gamepad controls are really really tedious. and unlike with the keyboard controls you cannot alter them, which I wish you did, and there are some button functions that aren't even used. The game curser being in the wrong spot causes me no end of grief, and I hate using the mouse, because of how I sit, which I have to site semi reclined because of a back condition, using a mouse is not only awkward but hurts my wrist after a time, I would like to use the gamepad solely but farming: watering havesting, planting, hoeing, is too unpredictable, re-arranging items so that they are in the order I like them takes forever. when I am in the mines I like it to go hoe-pickaxe-weapon-bomb-health pot-food (from lowest to highest) and this is not how the game puts things when it auto sorts. when I am in the farm I like it ax-pickaxe-hoe-scythe-watering can-milk jug-shears-food. not to mention moving items from inventory to chest. I wish my inventory auto moved things together like chest inventory does.

To me this is less a "Bug" than a quality of life issue. It would be ever so helpful however if the curser, when the game sees a controller is in use, aute defaulted to the square directly in front of you, and when opening chests/ inventory oriented itself on the first square and then you could use the lb/rb to move squares (or the d pad and it would got square by square rather than moving as a curser) while rt/lt still did the tabs.

• xcedra

xcedra Master Chief

Screenshot 2016-10-05 21.23.32.png Summery of issue: goat cheese value is not calculated properly for iridium quality: if its x2 value that means goat cheese @ purple star should be worth 750 each, just sold 11 and got 4400

expected behavior: 11 goat cheese w/purple star should net 8,250

actual value goat cheese @ purple star= 400 gold =>1.25x base value (less than silver star quality)

honestly for as long as it took I really thought I would get even more than 750g a piece when I pulled them out, but I looked it up on the wiki and the wiki indicates the values as 375 for normal goat cheese, 469 for silver goat cheese, 563 for gold goat cheese and 750 for purple goat cheese.

System: Windows 10

As a side note: I cannot figure out how to get anything out of a cask until its reached purple star... can you remove them at gold or silver?