Dev Blog 1.0.3 - Changelog

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Jul 29, 2016.

1. Jareix Cryvix

Jareix Cryvix The Waste of Time

Because of the revamp in how techs work, they had to dice a lot of them because they didn't really fit well and wouldn't work for the tech system. Perhaps later for 1.1.0, they'll add more tech. (Like a bouncy sphere! That can hop quite high!)

2. The MechE

The MechE Existential Complex

How do you deselect manually? I really like this change since I have no idea how to disarm myself

3. Jareix Cryvix

Push Z

4. claan22

claan22 Space Hobo

Yup, the crash makes it impossible to get past the first mission on singleplayer. Incredibly frustrating. There are two threads about it specifically:
    http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/fatal-crash-on-mac.120479/
    http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/crash-when-activating-ancient-gate-console.120174/

5. Sungazer

Sungazer Void-Bound Voyager

On the tech front all I can say is I'd really love to have rocket boots back. Those had the best mobility ever.

On the front of this particular patch, I've been having a bizarre issue since 1.0.3 went live: When I beam to a new area, on landing my character just beams back up and I go through the entire teleport sequence over again only to land right where I started. Sometimes this happens two or three times before I manage to land where I want to be, and in the case of things like static instance missions I can't seem to get the game to actually land me in the starting area - it just automatically teleports me back to where I left and continues doing it every time I try.

This is making the game impossibly frustrating.

6. jonathonspy

jonathonspy Existential Complex

7. NovaTyphoon

NovaTyphoon Void-Bound Voyager

I'm glad to see all these improvements and bugs being fixed.
    I've just recently ran into a bug that causes the game to crash when I try to activate the gate (by pressing the 'ACTIVATE' button). It would be great if this issue is fixed as it does not allow me to progress in the game.

8. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Have you tried running SB from Steam? Cos that made all the difference for me when I checked just now.

jonathonspy likes this.
  9. Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

Guess I missed what the deselect thing meant... After reading a bit of this, and then seeing exactly how it works... Hmm... Now only if when Tool gets deselect if would go back to prior 1-6 slot that was selected... So I guess it is a step in a decent direction. As is... The only use I can think of is doing the bandit quest, to recruit that is.

Still makes switching between mining and combat about the same as was before. But it is a start. Wonder if it is possible to have it go back to prior selected first before empty hands...

Well at least the game is still enjoyable for myself, despite that lil' thing. I think the main thing I finally noticed was my crew that I take to surface now seems about right. Just have to find an upgrade to my spear. >< Nothing like using a titanium tier spear, where I found that last upgrade, at frozen stars... At least the armor makes up for it while I hunt for that upgrade. So thank you for the crew tuning. :nuruhappy:

10. AceQ

AceQ Space Hobo

I would just like to notify you guys of an error know as the Ancient Gate Console error it is only for macs it also known as error code '0x02000148'. Please fix it, it makes the game totally unprogressive due to it crashing every time you exit the screen or try to activate it or whatever you do to leave after trying to activate it, it crashes.

11. korvas

korvas Void-Bound Voyager

Do you think that you can make food items stack again? I don't see why they are each separate, it makes for a lot of clicking and takes up significant storage space.

Also will you tweak items so they don't take up more than one space in the hotbar, such as blocks? I don't see why they need to, imo only weapons and multi function items should do so. It's much more clicking, especially when I want to build and have 5 kinds of blocks on hand. I also almost always have to unequip my weapon and healing items. to build and place furniture, so I'm vulnerable.

But other than these gripes (and that I couldn't change my gamemode later on) I am really loving 1.0, it has been a long time coming and I feel the game is very balanced now without feeling too overwhelming.

12. Jareix Cryvix

The food stacking is because of the food rot timer system preventing that from happening. The blocks are and always have been two handed because of the BG-FG placability. The only things that I think should be changed to 1H if they can are objects, and even then I don't really mind.

DragonsForce likes this.
  13. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

I used to lobby for that. Then I realized the placement image of the object is in the way. How would you use the right mouse button to place the right-hand object when you're looking at a preview of the left-hand object?

Jareix Cryvix likes this.
  14. Jareix Cryvix

Fair point... There's also the fact that it's get in the way of fighting as it is a bit distracting. Torches as your crosshair? Not ideal...

15. korvas

korvas Void-Bound Voyager

I understand technically why the food is separated, but I am asking why rotting needs to be implemented in the first place. Just seems less needed considering the trade off is tedious clicking. I can't just stack food as buff items like I used to, it''s a ton of work to move items around and consume them, and currently I am even in the beginning of the game and haven't acquired as much food as I plan to in the future.

Sorry but I haven't played for half a year or so, I was holding out for a stable 1.0. I feel very sideswept in the big change with the hotbar, besides the matter manipulator keys most of the functions seems confusing and unnecessary. I've seen many other users complain and it seems like a big thing to change considering we are no longer technically beta.

16. sirladytron

sirladytron Intergalactic Tourist

except ancient gateway repeatedly crashes on macs.... so disappointing!!!

17. Avarwen

Avarwen Pangalactic Porcupine

I'd like to see them do like Don't Starve where every time you add new food to the stack it takes away a little rot.

Chris1488 likes this.
  18. Little kiwi gamer

Little kiwi gamer Space Hobo

hey sweet error fixes and improvements but you need to make the Floran 'Smart Skirt' (smartpants for item spawn name)

19. jonathonspy

jonathonspy Existential Complex

when i try from steam it crashes after the chuckle sound.
    using it from the taskbar opens it, but its still greyed out

20. nickofwar

nickofwar Void-Bound Voyager

why remove planet chat wtf..?

Pingeh likes this.