Dev Blog 1.0.3 - Changelog

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Jul 29, 2016.

1. DragonsForce

DragonsForce Weight of the Sky

Platforms fall of when they go to the end of a rail where the end is either a normal rail or a powered rail stop. This is intended behavior and useful, although it can also be quite annoying at times. If this is not the problem you are having, it is probably a bug.

2. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Letrune's been working on a city, as she's wont to do, and she's been building elevators with the new rails system, which she's never used before to my knowledge. Not only does she do a reasonable job of it considering what I just said, but the rail platforms only pop off when you accidentally interact with them instead of the floor control buttons.

Jareix Cryvix likes this.
  3. Infirito

Infirito Void-Bound Voyager

So... it's probably not as important as all the things people said above, but how above adjusting lifespan of NPC's speach bubbles? Maybe double it? I've never had any problems with basic reading, but that stuff is just gone too fast.

4. featherweight

featherweight Poptop Tamer

Regarding broken engineers/mechanics:
    I think it would work best if they simply provided static bonus during their presence on the ship, instead of constant permanent upgrades, with multiple crew members of the same type stacking their bonuses.

5. The MechE

The MechE Existential Complex

Awesome, hope the hunting quests get fixed too.

6. Archkain

Archkain Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Can we disable this? I prefer deselect manually ^^

MasterPredator and Infirito like this.
  7. Marinebeast

Marinebeast Existential Complex

Aaayyy, quest-related performance nudge and cutscene starvation's fixed, that's cool. It's all the little things.

Still waiting on the FPS / performance fix for various machines, though.
    My main laptop, while being 4 years old, was able to run the game super well, consistent 40FPS even in multiplayer, but now I'm stuck perpetually at about 1-5FPS in quest/scripting-heavy places and maybe 20FPS when I'm planetside. It'd be nice if more work could be put into that sometimes soon? ' A'

(I really need to get a new laptop...)

Harintosh and Lord Sinclair like this.
  8. cyberknight135

cyberknight135 Big Damn Hero

After updating my game every time I try to interact with the update station or the stargate my game crashes. I play on a mac and when I
    go and play it on my PC it is fine. I removed all mods and reinstalled the game also started a new game to see if that was the issue and nothing seems to work. is anyone else having these issues?

9. General Nuclear

General Nuclear Supernova

Thanks for the fix

Also by the way most of my friends are annouyed that there are no casual survivel. I was too but mostly because i got a horribel start becuase i fell down the same mine at least 20 times trying to get back my core fragments because i sliped on the ladder platform all the time.

Other then that (and the fact there still no green or gray poptops) its very very good, thanks for everything devs and the forum people thanks for the support too the devs

10. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

There are mods, such as Casual Hunger that allow you to get some of the survival experience but not the rest.

11. AngelusNox

AngelusNox Void-Bound Voyager

is there a bug report thread?
    i still have a bug where i scan objects but can't pixel print them (no mods).

12. Shizero

Shizero Void-Bound Voyager

Why? I loved elevators, rails just don't feel the same...
    I hate to be that guy but... can someone make a mod to re-implement them?

13. Jareix Cryvix

Jareix Cryvix The Waste of Time

There is a bug report thread, though there are objects that can't be printed. Do you mean you can't print any objects?
    They are still in the game I believe. they just can't be crafted anymore.

14. Eleazar6

Eleazar6 Void-Bound Voyager

Really would be nice. NOT hard to program.

15. Jareix Cryvix

Jareix Cryvix The Waste of Time

For single player, I wouldn't mind it, but I don't really care for it.
    For multiplayer, not gonna happen.

16. Inf_Wolf14

Inf_Wolf14 Parsec Taste Tester

Actually, quite difficult to program. Clientside and serverside, the game runs a similar structure. To add a pause functionality to one would mean rewriting the current system to enable the game to pause real-time updating. Sounds simple enough but to add that hook to each and every aspect of the game would be very, very time consuming.
    Not to mention possible bugs they may encounter that would need to be addressed.

Ainzoal likes this.
  17. Infirito

Infirito Void-Bound Voyager

+1 to that, this can be a real problem during a tough fight when you accidentally deselect bandages.

18. Ershiin

Ershiin Space Spelunker

I've had sort of the opposite problem, with some of the dialogue in the story missions lingering for a bit too long to be comfortable.. (Specifically in the instances where you cant just press E to skip, obviously :p)
    Well, I say its the opposite problem, but its really the same issue, just experienced differently.
    I do think having the option to toggle the dialogue speed is something every game with text based speech should have, and while not a must-have, it would be appreciated!

On a different topic, i'd really love some better way of aquiring the type of tenants for my settlements that I want.
    Having to wiki specific furnitures to use, only to then having to swap to the decorations you actually want AFTER getting the tenant is... Just kinda inconvenient. xD
    Themed deeds or even just descriptions on the furniture about what kind of NPC they attract would be nice.
    While some are more obvious than others (like a picture of a banana), it can be rather frustrating when you get your fifth avian just because you didnt realise that they're the ones who like that generic looking kitchen counter/sofa you've spammed everywhere the best. >.<

platonist and Jonesy like this.
  19. soopytwist

soopytwist Pangalactic Porcupine

I made this mod, if it helps: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=732764113
    I'm playing the game with it because I hate the food rot idea and want an easier time of it generally.
    --- Post updated ---
    Terraria has multiplayer, it pauses when using the inventory. No reason why Starbound can't either.

20. Omzikat

Omzikat Space Hobo

3 Patches in, still can't place a large fossil display anywhere...