1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

Server Help ♥Server half whiped?♥ Some help please ~~

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by AyuStar, Mar 16, 2014.

1. AyuStar

AyuStar Intergalactic Tourist

So i have a payed for dedicated server and everything was fine. Even did some config changes twice and restarted the server. We played on it for about 2 days. Today we logged out and back in and the homeplanet has half reset?

The house we build is gone. Some of the things wrecked on homeplanet are still there. But also new things that werent there before spawned. All ores seem to have reset? I still have all the items i have on my character.

Does anyone know what could have caused this? I don't feel like building a new house atm because i am scared it will happen again ;_;

EDIT: reconnected to server again and planet is 100% back to when we first spawned there :S

Config file:

{
    "allowAdminCommands" : true,
    "allowAdminCommandsFromAnyone" : true,
    "attemptAuthentication" : false,
    "audioChannelSeparation" : [ -25, 25 ],
    "audioChannels" : 2,
    "authHostname" : "auth.playstarbound.com",
    "authPort" : 21027,
    "bcryptRounds" : 5000,
    "bind" : "*",
    "checkAssetsDigest" : false,
    "claimFile" : "indev.claim",
    "clearPlayerFiles" : false,
    "clearUniverseFiles" : false,
    "controlPort" : 21026,
    "crafting.filterHaveMaterials" : false,
    "defaultWorldCoordinate" : "alpha:-84936662:-62554636:-13754701:6:12",
    "fullscreen" : true,
    "fullscreenResolution" : [ 1920, 1080 ],
    "gamePort" : 21025,
    "maxFrameskip" : 10,
    "maxPlayers" : 20,
    "maximized" : true,
    "maximizedResolution" : [ 1000, 600 ],
    "musicVol" : 100,
    "passwordHash" : "",
    "pixelRatioIdx" : 3,
    "renderPreSleepRemainder" : 4,
    "renderPriority" : true,
    "renderSleep" : true,
    "rootKey" : "MIICCgKCAgEAuuxHOxa47eCix12TeI1KiDuSvu6Yculxl3yOz:rofl: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",
    "sampleRate" : 44100,
    "serverName" : "Ayuland",
    "serverPasswords" : [ "bla", "blabla", "blablabla" ],
    "sfxVol" : 100,
    "speechBubbles" : true,
    "tileDamageLimit" : 49,
    "title.connectionString" : "Welcome to Ayu land!",
    "upnpPortForwarding" : true,
    "useDefaultWorldCoordinate" : false,
    "username" : "",
    "vsync" : false,
    "waitForUpdate" : true,
    "windowTitle" : "Starbound - Beta",
    "windowedResolution" : [ 1000, 600 ],
    "zoomLevel" : 2

Last edited: Mar 16, 2014
  2. Underbalanced

Underbalanced Phantasmal Quasar

What do you mean reset?

Was it destroyed, Non-Exsistant or blocks (Chunks) seemed to be missing?

3. AyuStar

The planet we started on and played on a lot when we began has reset as a fresh planet. Like we never been there before. All npc's we killed are back. All NPC houses we wrecked for materials are back. The house we builds on it is gone.

4. SweFox

SweFox Guest

Sadly, every crash that happens to the game has a chance of corrupting worlds forcing them to re-generate themself. The only thing you can do is to create backups.

It has happened my server spawn planet 3 times so far. I run automatic backups so it never happens again.

5. AyuStar

Thank you for your reply. I understand now. Now to figure out how to get the server to make back ups.

6. SweFox

SweFox Guest

What kind of server is it? Did you for example rent it from a site like gameserver or did you setup the server yourself on a machine?

7. Underbalanced

Underbalanced Phantasmal Quasar

They rented. Its in another post

8. AyuStar

Yeah it's rented.