☛New guy over here☚

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by ⓢⓞⓒⓒⓔⓡⓢⓣⓐⓡ➃➂, Apr 15, 2015.

1. Just wanted to introduce myself! I'm new to...well...everything about gaming! I'm not that good at video games but I just enjoy playing for the fun of it. I played video games since I was probably 6 or 7 and my first ever video game was Halo. I have stuck to playing on consoles until now, mainly because all my friends play PC so I am quite lonely on my PS4 now. So I'm new to PC gaming and especially new to this game. But wow I'm having more fun with this game than most of the games I got for my Playstation 4! Anyways, something I am good at is soccer! I have played soccer for quite a while now and currently play varsity soccer at my high school! But I know nobody gives a crap about that. Anyways, if you have any tips for me please don't be shy and share them with me (I'm going to need all the help I can get lol)

Rex Blackbeak likes this.
  2. Nibolas O Anelbozas

Nibolas O Anelbozas Spaceman Spiff

3. SleepySquidd

SleepySquidd Tragically Magic Hands

Welcome to the forums! PC Gaming is where it's at! :)

4. Rex Blackbeak

Rex Blackbeak Spaceman Spiff

!Welcome!
    Hope You Find This Forums Fantastic

5. DrVoodoo

DrVoodoo Cosmic Narwhal

Welcome. As for tips? If you find any flamethrower type weapon - keep it. They are very good for mining (Not for actual digging, of course, but for showing you where the ores are. They generate a lot of light.)

6. Rex Blackbeak

Pfft..... Use An Machine Gun,Assault Rifle,Carbine Or Stuff... (My Opinion:p)

7. DrVoodoo

DrVoodoo Cosmic Narwhal

You mean machine guns that shoot regular bullets? They don't generate light at all.
    Or plasma machine guns? They generate less light than flamethrower type weapons.

Rex Blackbeak likes this.
  8. Rex Blackbeak

I Meant OP Starbound Machine Guns... (From Lyetzi's Gun Shop Mod) They Have Muzzels So THey Make Blinking Lights (But The Long The Muzzel You Will Be Dizzy)

Last edited: Apr 15, 2015
  9. DrVoodoo

DrVoodoo Cosmic Narwhal

Not everyone uses mods.

10. Rex Blackbeak

I Know (Even Nibolas Have None) But Wut About Fishaxe LOL

11. DrVoodoo

DrVoodoo Cosmic Narwhal

I never used it.

12. Rex Blackbeak

Its An Sacred Item!:cool: (You Can't Craft It,But Its From Vanilla Starbound.)

13. DrVoodoo

DrVoodoo Cosmic Narwhal

I know what is it. I remember seeing it somewhere on the dev stream, I think. I don't exactly remember where I saw it, but it was before Starbound was released.

14. Biirdy Daysleeper

Biirdy Daysleeper Weight of the Sky

Surprised. It’s so good to see new face ! Welcome to the Forum. :D

15. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Void-Bound Voyager

Hello! Welcome to the forums!

16. Makao

Makao Void-Bound Voyager

That is what gaming is all about! :DD You don't have to be good at a game to have fun!
    And welcome!! :giggle:

17. Haha wow glad to see all the friendly comments! These forums are pretty fun and the community is nice! It's a very active community! And PC gaming has been fun though I don't get to play much at the moment since my soccer season has started but it will end next month and I'll be on a lot more often! So far I'm loving Starbound :) I appreciate the tips by the way! Keep the coming lol also a quick question: Do races have advantages and disadvantages? Like (for example) does the Robot Race have a weakness to water/electricity but have more physical resistance? I chose the Floran race because I wanted to be different and I figured no guy would choose them lol but I'm afraid that since I'm basically a walking flower that I will die a lot faster than the other races hahaha

18. DrVoodoo

DrVoodoo Cosmic Narwhal

Races don't have their pros/cons at the moment. Only novakid are different, because they craft firearms instead of melee weapons.

19. Rex Blackbeak

Well Iam Not Really Good But I Play As The Goalkeeper (I Suck Right)

20. I'm sure you don't suck :) I suck at goalkeeping i only played that position for one season and it was a bad experience. I currently play DM (Defensive Midfielder)