1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Your Starbound Crew 4.98

Go on missions to collect a crew for your ship!

1. Preview update

Luminaesthesia
    So instead of working on the planet dungeon (currently named Zyperion IV), I've decided to go back and redo the recruitment missions. As of now I've only finished LoveJones', but the others will come later this week.

- Redid LoveJones recruitment mission
    - Added LoveJones' backstory in the form of codices you can find in the new mission

So yeah, next update will have a revision of the other five recruitment missions, along with each crew member's history. It will also have some fixes and...
    sosmic likes this.
  2. Lighting changes

Luminaesthesia
    Quick update:
    - Changed the lighting in most of the missions to make them way better than just a black, starry sky.
    - Changed the arena in Explorer's Club to have level 8 weapons
    - Added a new set of perfect armor somewhere in the mod

Hope everyone is enjoying the stable update! Next I'm hoping to figure out how to get the crew to talk, and to write a bit of dialogue for them. Also, maybe try to turn pinfriend into a pet like the cat currently is.
    misterwho likes this.
  3. Stable build WOOOOO

Luminaesthesia
    So stable should be out in a few hours, and I'm pretty sure this should work with it. If not, I'll change it really fast and add a 4.01 version. Here's what was added!

- After playing through the game again with my mod, I still thought there wasn't enough to do at the end of the game. LoveJones has now enabled "Unstable Stars" in your navigation. These stars are white, and include all biomes. Threat levels are between 7 and 9 (magma and volcanic are level 6), so there's the chance to fight...
  4. New Unstable

Luminaesthesia
    Hey every one, I was kind of saving this for the stable update, but oh well.

- Fixed all mining tools so that they work on new unstable
    - Fixed alternate outposts so they don't mess up horribly
    - Fixed other missions so you don't run into annoying, invisible trees
    - Added seven end game missions:
    - Take a dig with Divewings for fun treasure. Invite your friends and see who can get the most treasure by the time you all hit the bottom!
    - Genekong has an asteroid simulation for you and...
  5. New Unstable

Luminaesthesia
    Hey every one, I was kind of saving this for the stable update, but oh well.

- Fixed all mining tools so that they work on new unstable
    - Fixed alternate outposts so they don't mess up horribly
    - Fixed other missions so you don't run into annoying, invisible trees
    - Added seven end game missions:
    - Take a dig with Divewings for fun treasure. Invite your friends and see who can get the most treasure by the time you all hit the bottom!
    - Genekong has an asteroid simulation for you and...
  6. Ancient Realm and coordinates

Luminaesthesia
    - Fixed the first ancient realm so it works
    - Added coordinates to planets that have the different items you need for quests to LoveJones. As a note though: these coordinates only work on Windows systems and when there are no world generation mods installed due to how the world gen is configured. These also come from the Starbound general discussion forums, and I've tried to get ahold of the posters, but to no avail. Anyways, I'll take them out and find my own coordinates if they get back to...
  7. Balance stuff

Luminaesthesia
    - Added some flare to the Ashblazer, Thorngrazer, and Spongewaltzer missions
    - Adjusted the difficulty of the third ancient realm to be more difficult
    - Changed the drop tables for the ancient realm and for the research table
    - A few bugs found and squashed
    - Figured out a few balance issues
    - Added a mission icon for the missions
    - The doctor now heals you when interacted with, like the nurse in Terraria
    - Made the crew move way, way less

Unless I can figure out how to get weather to work...
  8. Balance stuff

Luminaesthesia
    - Added some flare to the Ashblazer, Thorngrazer, and Spongewaltzer missions
    - Adjusted the difficulty of the third ancient realm to be more difficult
    - Changed the drop tables for the ancient realm and for the research table
    - A few bugs found and squashed
    - Figured out a few balance issues
    - Added a mission icon for the missions
    - Made the crew move way, way less

Unless I can figure out how to get weather to work in missions, this will probably be the last update until it hits stable...
  9. Doctor and chef stuff

Luminaesthesia
    - Added end game recipes to the chef, cause he was lacking in that area
    - Added some fun stims to the doctor that do some weird stuff like turn you blue
    - Added preparation quests for the mercenary, chef, doctor, and hunter for the mining facility. Now they help prepare you for every mission in the game!
    - Added sub biome quests to the research console for after you've upgraded your ship to get some powerful guns as you continue to explore the universe.
    - Added a new incantation to the...
  10. Quick revision update, and research console!

Luminaesthesia
    - Went over missions for crew members, should be more interesting than just pressing right and pressing "e". Hope you guys enjoy, I'll continue to add more flare to the dungeons.
    - Added the research console to Divewings. Now you can find research data in treasure chests in specific biomes to bring back to the research console. It's the closest thing I could think of that would allow you to "research" the biome, even though it's based on RNG. So far there are 22 biomes, which include planets...
    theGeneralRowboat likes this.