1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Yes Chef! 1.13

A cooking flow redesign! Get fancy with the spices!

1. vietnamese guy
    vietnamese guy
    5/5,
    Version: 1.13
    A good complex mod :D
  2. amirmiked12
    amirmiked12
    1/5,
    in 1.2 game crashes on loading screen..why is that??i have MFM installed
  3. Utkudakid
    Utkudakid
    2/5,
    It doesnt work for me,it says something with morecrops mod or something
  4. LadyKianna
    LadyKianna
    5/5,
    Loving it so far, but I'm also having a problem with the initial 'camp millstones' quest...
    also can't wait for Floran basssed itemss!
  5. Tennyo
    Tennyo
    5/5,
    That's an interesting mod that enchances the cooking system and is completely unique in comparison to any other mod. As person who loves complex crafting I love this mod.

But there is something wrong with quests, I made camp milestones, but the quest is not finished. Is it because of new version?
  6. crafttonjus
    crafttonjus
    5/5,
    Yay :D, now, please make avali cooking set if you have the time :D
    (else you mod is cool :D)
  7. sikerow
    sikerow
    5/5,
    hey awesome mod can i get permission t use this mod in my modpack
  8. ness87
    ness87
    4/5,
    Version: 1.12
    A complex mod, i lke it. Just a question, its work with "hunger" mods?
    1. jaseofbase
      Author's Response
      When I put out the first release it was hardwired to work with a hungermod. Quickly realised that wasn't the way forward.

If a hungermod (like the one I was using) only alters the effects of the end result food items it should do.

However I haven't coded/patched any effects for ingredient items. Compatibility for that will be down to the Hungermod authors themselves.

Glad your having fun!
  9. AtomicBunnytron
    AtomicBunnytron
    5/5,
    Love the mod,it means so much more now to have a fridge full of food! Feels like food actually MEANS something.
    I do have a bug to report,though:
    For me,the game crashes whenever I try to use the hylotl chopping board (No matter what color). It doesn't do that with the camp chopblock,however,so it's still completely playable! :3
    1. jaseofbase
      Author's Response
      Thanks mate, glad your having fun with it. Good spot on the object crash. Got that fixed already for the next update. Cheers!
  10. treenewbee
    treenewbee
    5/5,
    A nice MOD. But I dont like the color of human Red looks lower than iron color or sliver color
    1. jaseofbase
      Author's Response
      Thanks man, can you elaborate in the discussions tab? Cheers
  11. tueur15
    tueur15
    1/5,
    Version: 1.09
    dont work on pleased giraffe
    1. jaseofbase
  12. Deadguy87
    Deadguy87
    5/5,
    I am a big fan of your mod please keep up the good work mate.
    1. jaseofbase
      Author's Response
      Glad to hear your having fun! Im working on stuff fear not! Just after this weekend
  13. SilverLancer
    SilverLancer
    5/5,
    This mod doesn't change how the game works, nay it just changes how the game flows!

This mod is an interesting concept on making cooking a less "Get A and B make meal" approach
    It seeks to make cooking more of a get potato chop potato into a serving that you can then use with other items, or for instance boil!

This adds a lot into the homesteading style where you build a persistent base on a planet, and just sorta landlord your colony what have you, and I think its an extremely well done first attempt at this concept; so good on you OP for doing this, and doing it so well at that.
    1. jaseofbase
      Author's Response
      Thankyou sir! glad your having fun with it :)
  14. Lord Humungus
    Lord Humungus
    5/5,
    Version: 1.08
    Very nice.

I've got a suggestion though. Add tiered Chef tenants. Think of it as an expansion on the "add high-level chef tenants" idea one of the other reviewers proposed.
    1. jaseofbase
      Author's Response
      Cheers mate. Good shout. Its in the pipeline for when ive finished the racial themed cookware sets.
  15. Deadguy87
    Deadguy87
    5/5,
    Version: 1.05
    Your mod is only getting better, please keep up the awesome work mate.
    1. jaseofbase
      Author's Response
      Cheers mate, getting there one pixel at a time!
  16. Mistalleks
    Mistalleks
    5/5,
    Version: 1.0
    I feel you, man.
    I totally agree on the part, where you say, that food buffs system sometimes just isn't enough to interest me in cooking.

While it's just 'proof of concept' mod, I still give ya 5 stars, because it's a great idea, and those crafting stations got some sweet pixel art.

Here are my suggestions: what about making even higher tier cooking equipment, that at least have, say, 20% chance to make one more portion of plated food? Or, if it is possible, automate process in some way? Say, you could build a super-stove that can automatically prepare and then cook food?

Also, how about making use of new tennant system? For example, you could make some powerful food, recipe of which player simply couldn't get. But then, you can arrange some high-tier kitchen for master chief (ha!) to move in?

Anyway, waiting for updates!
    1. jaseofbase
      Author's Response
      Cheers man, and some excellent ideas there. The extra portions is good, i'd have to figure out how to code a % chance to increase yeild but i'm sure it's doable.

I haven't actually got hands on with the tenant system but again that all seems doable.

Once i've got the baseline stuff done I will be adding different varients of cookware for variety. I've already got different versions of the current stuff in colours other then red which you 'can' spawn in under admin (for example) /spawnitem chopstation 1 '{"color":"blue"}' ect..

Higher tiers themselves, again good idea and all doable :) Will crack on once all the tierd recipies themselves are implemented