1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

XS Mechs - Vehicle Edition 1.16a

6 Excessively Destructive mechsuits - Cheerful Giraffe

1. Ap-Doge
    Ap-Doge
    5/5,
    Version: OMEGA v1.1
    Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeet....
    It's fucking awesome!
    Although they are overpowered as all hell, and that there are no animations when disabling them, you could make them a little more expensive to buy, after all you are buying a bloody Metal Gear out of a grocery store.
    The sprite work is 11/10.
    The sound files are synced with the animations and well, they explode everything to shreds.
    Fantastic job.
  2. voiditect
    voiditect
    5/5,
    an all around excellent mod, it has a selection of amazing mechs and (sometimes annoyingly) well balanced crafting/purchase prices, a few minor complaints are that the normal sigma is fairly jittery and that there is a weird boug with the character legs sticking out of the rho. lag level: low
    1. LoPhatKao
      Author's Response
      The bug with the legs sticking out is caused by starbound's vehicle code itself, I can't fix it in Glad Giraffe. :(
  3. AutumnFloran
    AutumnFloran
    5/5,
    Great mod. But I think that one melee combat mech is not enough.
  4. Niels2012
    Niels2012
    5/5,
    I really hope they get this into the base game, really nice, but the Theta mech is smaller then I remembered, and when there's a contest of what mod should be in the vanilla game, you have my vote (and the original mod too)
    PS: now only utility mechs
  5. MrIce
    MrIce
    5/5,
    Nice.
    Is There a pleased giraffe v.?
    1. LoPhatKao
      Author's Response
      unfortunately, a Pleased Giraffe version would need to be a Tech, I never really got into modding those. This version however will work on both current stable and nightly Starbound.
  6. ShirtyScarab554
    ShirtyScarab554
    5/5,
    Awesome mod 100/10,just wondering though, are you planning on adding more mechs, and if you can, could you also add different colorations of the mechs?
  7. willybh
    willybh
    5/5,
    Honestly, when I first read the description of this mod I saw how many things could go wrong. I thought this mod wouldnt work. I was soooo wrong.
  8. D8rkst8lker
    D8rkst8lker
    5/5,
    Best Starbound MOD, I wish the Mechs would be taken over by the developer!
  9. ismo122
    ismo122
    5/5,
    Theta's Rail Cannon is fap material.
    1. LoPhatKao
      Author's Response
      While it is pretty sexy, I don't think I'd go *that* far. ;)
  10. pixelboom
    pixelboom
    5/5,
    This is just crazy! Keep it up man, best mod imn my opinion
  11. Reydomx
    Reydomx
    5/5,
    Very bad ass mod
  12. alrikon
    alrikon
    5/5,
    Version: OMEGA PRIME
    I wonder doe will this mod get more mechs :3
    1. LoPhatKao
      Author's Response
      there is 1 more so far that has partial graphics done, so the answer will eventually be 'yes' - right now these are just the 6 the original modmaker did, converted to use the Vehicle system instead of being a Tech
  13. AceTheAvenger
    AceTheAvenger
    5/5,
    METAL GEAR!! :D

Um...wait...how do I REPAIR my mechs?
    1. LoPhatKao
      Author's Response
      at the repair bot (Rob Repairo) in the junkyard at outpost
  14. xandertifft
    xandertifft
    5/5,
    BEST.MOD.EVER.
  15. Rego_TB
    Rego_TB
    5/5,
    Дякую! It`s amazing mod!
    1. LoPhatKao
      Author's Response
      спасибо thanks :)
  16. King Titan Rex
    King Titan Rex
    5/5,
    Love it. Great work!
  17. moremuffin
    moremuffin
    5/5,
    Love this mod, in terms of aesthetic value there are so far removed from the vanilla mechs you can see the curvature of the universe. Been trying to figure out how to mod vehicles to reduce the size of the Theta to something that can actually fit into places though.
    1. LoPhatKao
      Author's Response
      if you sprite up something theta like (and it looks like it would fit mod aesthetics well), i would be into adding it in.
  18. GeekMan
    GeekMan
    5/5,
    Purple Sounds Great!!!
    >.<
  19. Kitts2307
    Kitts2307
    5/5,
    These mechs are much more fun now that you can park them anywhere! However, I recommend you do not try to use the ronin rho against mountains of sand if you're on a server. This will murderize your framerate somethin' awful.

The weight of these mechs is more than the previous weight, which in turn makes the stage one rocket jump of the theta somewhat useless; however, nobody really uses stage one anyway, so no harm done.

Overall, this mod is quite simply the best! My only suggestion would be to make some new mechs. Add to the fine arsenal that TShinzon built! (One of them should totally be purple because there is never enough purple.)
  20. poupart25
    poupart25
    5/5,
    nice down wow AWESOME:P