1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated XS Corporation Mechs 1.05

Adds more mech tech!

1. BiancaRoughFin
    BiancaRoughFin
    5/5,
    Version: 1.05
    By far one of the best made mods for Starbound i know. The Mechs animations are perfect and smooth, their costs are fair for what they can do and they are not too abusive since they dont give any immortality or damage reduction.
  2. Blaesus
    Blaesus
    5/5,
    awesome mod! very usefull mech!
  3. thecowvn
    thecowvn
    5/5,
    Only 5 stars ? Why not 10 stars ?!
  4. SKyStriker101
    SKyStriker101
    5/5,
    I am planning to use this mod I a modpack I'd like to call "UniverseBound". May I use your mod? You have an excellent mod though.
  5. EternalNightmare95
    EternalNightmare95
    5/5,
    I have a question:What tier do you need for the mechs? I installed the mod into my mods folder,i just got to Durasteel Bar tier,and i dont see the Sigma Mech tech in my robotic crafting table,do i have to get to Tier 5 (aegisalt)?
  6. cnaachen
    cnaachen
    5/5,
    amazing
  7. Tinytean
    Tinytean
    5/5,
    Great mod, solid work!
  8. Solarsheep
    Solarsheep
    5/5,
    This Mod is absolutely amazing, the mechs and how much detail you've gone into with the sprites and animation is first class. Single player and desktop hosted servers work fine with this mod, however I've run into a spot of trouble with it on my dedicated server. It's running Linux 32 bit and I get a terrible error that makes players invisible to mobs and other players, as well as making monsters not spawn. Need help !!!

Console Error
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/srpsbl77cxm5uht/error%2001.jpg

Plain Text
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/1eeil4xusod0z8r/error.txt

Help with this problem is very much needed.

Other than this the mod is fantastic and is Highly recommended to anyone!
  9. Fruitguru
    Fruitguru
    5/5,
    Woohoo! Mechs have never felt so fun to use!

Also, is the Theta mech based off of Rex?
  10. mechadash
    mechadash
    4/5,
    Download no work.
  11. Texmar
    Texmar
    5/5,
    Adds to the Game-the entire space age and sci-fi feel, Mechs Not completely OP, still have to watch yourself. Too much fun!
  12. jiraph52
    jiraph52
    3/5,
    I've really been wanting to try this out but my Starbound is refusing to use .modpack or .pak files (it crashes every time)

Is it possible that you could provide a normal folder file?
  13. ReMark
    ReMark
    4/5,
    This mod features quite a few (and hopefully more to come) Mechs that diversify starbound just that much more. Great detail and sprites plus the functionality of the in-game uses of the mechs mesh well. For those who are looking for either their first mod, or a mod that helps add a little more pizz-zazz to the techs, this is for you.

The reason this isn't a full five star rating is because of a few things.
    1) It's in beta, just like the game. This may just very well be a five star mod when everything is said and done. While it might not be as customizable as a new race, it certainly lives up to its name while it's in beta, and hopefully when it is done.

2) The mechs are all combat oriented. Would it be possible for a digger mech? Even if it's got a weapon of some sort, it would be nice to have a set of mechs that fight, and another set that dig or aid in digging. While the RHONIN RHO could be considered something of a "digging machine" with its beam, I feel it may be too unwieldly. Of course, this isn't really a justifiable reason, just something that might really boost the score that much more.
  14. gallowsRenegade
    gallowsRenegade
    5/5,
    Yes. Thats the only thought I had when I tore my enemies to shreds through the use of the energy cannons, missiles, beam swords, grenades, and heavy machine guns. These mech are PERFECT for tier 10 planets, I wouldn't suggest making planet fall otherwise. The only problem I have is the pirated Rho mech. I think that there is too much recoil. I understand that the recoil is meant to balance out the fire rate, but even with the graviton hook, there is simply too much recoil to hit my target. In a nut shell, I can't hit jack long enough to kill it. Otherwise, love this mod.
  15. Blitzlegion
    Blitzlegion
    4/5,
    Its beautiful but DAMN did it ever break my game... :/ went to nexus thinking i was downloading 1.05 but the main file is a weird one and than boom. starbound gave me this..
    Error: FormatException: Invalid format string 'Inventory Slot %s at %a' 'FormatException: tinyformat: the %a and %A conversion specs are not supported
    tinyformat::detail::FormatIterator::streamStateFromFormat(ostream, unsigned int, char*, int, int)
    void tinyformat::detail::FormatIterator::accept<unsigned int>(unsigned int)
    string strf<String, unsigned int>(char*, String, unsigned int)
    InventorySlot::toString()
    PlayerInventory::setItem(InventorySlot, shared_ptr<Item>)
    TechPane::updateTech()
    TechPane::TechPane(shared_ptr<WorldClient>, shared_ptr<Player>)
    MainInterface::initTechWindow()
    MainInterface::renderInit()
    ClientApplication::renderInit()
    ClientApplication::update()
    StarApplicationBase::run()
    _SDL_main
    _console_main
    '
    string strf<String, unsigned int>(char*, String, unsigned int)
    InventorySlot::toString()
    PlayerInventory::setItem(InventorySlot, shared_ptr<Item>)
    TechPane::updateTech()
    TechPane::TechPane(shared_ptr<WorldClient>, shared_ptr<Player>)
    MainInterface::initTechWindow()
    MainInterface::renderInit()
    ClientApplication::renderInit()
    ClientApplication::update()
    StarApplicationBase::run()
    _SDL_main
    _console_main
  16. Baker2582
    Baker2582
    1/5,
    don't like that I have to go through an external site that I have to pay to register to, just to download a mod, just, no, not everyone can do this kind of thing >^>

The mod loooked really cool too, but eh..
    1. TShinzon
      Author's Response
      Registration on Nexus is completely free. Payment is only for people who want premium servers. Also, a mirror to Zippyshare is provided on the front mod page :)
  17. Lost Zahra
    Lost Zahra
    5/5,
    Impressive detail and a range of designs. Nice work :)
  18. la40858
    la40858
    5/5,
    Simply amazing. Great work!

Also, 200th review! Whoo!
  19. StrayDawg
    StrayDawg
    5/5,
    Absolutely brilliant mod. I've got no problems with it, besides the fact that I would like to see more mech variety. Despite the limited mechs, it's 5/5.
  20. CouchPotato360
    CouchPotato360
    5/5,
    I loved it thoroughly, both the sprites and the sound effects already had me sold. The mechs themselves handle nicely as well, they're fun to use and not ridiculously overpowered.