1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Xeno's Sonic the Hedgehog Mod 0.6

Adds sonic the hedgehog race, enemies, and weapons to the game.

1. XenoMind
    I first created this to see if I could make drastically different sprites for the game and because I'm a huge fan of classic sonic. Especially the Toei version found in the Sonic CD cutscenes. I'm very excited to see the toei sonic style return in Sonic Mania.

Since I tried to make his proportions be more natural and fluent looking in starbound. Sonic's legs had to be scaled up. He kinda looks similar to the OVA version of sonic because of this.

[​IMG]

So what does this mod feature?

Note: Shadow's arm color are going to be fixed in another update and Classic sonic's speed will be tweaked eventually. Modern Sonic and Shadow also don't have specials at the moment. Modern Sonic and Shadow do come with speed shoes.

Special thanks to Maracna for the female mobian hair sprites!

------

I first created this to see if I could create drastically different sprites for the game and because I'm a huge fan of classic sonic. Especially the Toei version found in the Sonic CD cutscenes. I'm very excited to see the toei sonic style return in Sonic Mania.

Since I tried to make his proportions be more natural and fluent looking in starbound. Sonic's legs had to be scaled up. He kinda looks similar to the OVA version of sonic because of this.

So what does this mod feature?

Sonic the Hedgehog Race:
    Rosy the Rascal as a female selection
    Modern Sonic and Shadow (shadow is in the female selection)
    Unique animated sprite
    Custom Flags
    Custom Tails AI
    Custom Buddy AI (limited)
    Custom Flag
    Invisible armor (since sonic's sprite is so different, clothes for other species won't look right on him)

Racial effects for classic sonic only:
    Super speed
    Decreased fall damage
    Hindered by bodies of water. (At first I wasn't going to let him be able to move and swim at all. But it proved to be a little annoying with sonic dropping to the bottom like a rock; so he can swim a little bit, just painfully slow)

(OC donut steel. I kid, I have one of these too lol)
    Mobian Race:
    Different Colors
    Eye colors
    Limited hair types (Need to come up with more and add different patterns when I get a chance)
    Standard bodies for now to allow clothing. Too lazy to edit it further but still looks decent.

Enemies:
    Chopper (Passive at the moment)
    Spiny (Agressive. Using placeholder projectile.)
    Batbrain

Armor:
    SpeedShoes

Weapons:
    Shadow's Gun
    Caliburn (Manipulator)
    Pikopiko Hammer (Manipulator)
    Black Arms Sword (Seperator)

Items:
    ChiliDog (increases swim speed and can be found at infinity express)

XenoMind: Scripting, Sprite Artist
    Sonic The Hedgehog: Sprite Artist

It's a very basic mod for now. If people like it then I may add eggman robot enemies, and possibly a deathegg biome/planet.

Other Mods I've made for starbound:
    Steam Version
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1085017288

Make sure to unzip the file before putting it in your mods folder and that you have a character extender if you want to play any of the races.
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    Anyone can alter/redistribute the mod's assets without the author's consent.

Recent Updates

1. Modern Update

Recent Reviews

1. trixvel
    trixvel
    4/5,
    Version: 0.6
    at your place i would create your own race with Sonic chars (i know that's f*cking hard) OR just add e.g. Shadow or another characters from Sonic universe.
  2. GokentoPower
    GokentoPower
    5/5,
    Version: 0.5
    About time someone made a Sonic mod, last time i remember, there were only masks...

11/10 u gud bruh
  3. speed2050
    speed2050
    5/5,
    Excelent mod, but on my main char i miss sonic a bit ;/
  4. BILLY500436
    BILLY500436
    5/5,
    The file name is toeisonic.zip. Are you referring to Toei Animation? :3 Anyways good mod.
    1. XenoMind
      Author's Response
      Yes indeed! The classic sprite was based on the toei animation cutscenes from sonic CD.
  5. LagWind
    LagWind
    5/5,
    Takes me back in time as you bring Sonic to Starbound.