1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated Wired Padlocks Upbeat Giraffe

Adds a crappy combination padlock to use for locking doors

1. severedskullz
    [​IMG]

Craft the wired padlock at a Wiring Station and you will be able to control your wired objects with a password/combination protected interface.

To use:
    Place object. You will see a flashing "****" indicating the console is in Admin state. Input the password you wish the lock to be set to.
    Once the interface stops flashing, you can enter in your combination to toggle on or off the wired output.

"C" clears any current input and " * " exits the screen (You can also press escape)

Forgot the password? Just destroy it and place it back down again.

NOTE:
    The UI was hastily done and with no effort at all. If you guys want an actual mod out of this sort of thing, like password protection, key-card access, etc. let me know and I'll work some magic.
    Ferru, Snow209, The | Suit and 2 others like this.

Recent Reviews

1. kyleetehkitty
    kyleetehkitty
    5/5,
    Version: Upbeat Giraffe
    This is actually really cool, also neat to look at how the gui was done too, even if it is rushed :D
  2. doctortee
    doctortee
    5/5,
    A must-have mod ! Good job.
  3. Ted
    Ted
    5/5,
    Amazing, this improved the party system on my server! Thanks
  4. GoldenstarArtist
    GoldenstarArtist
    5/5,
    Being on a role playing sever I'd personally love to see a lot more gizmos like this in the future! it brings so much more depth to the game!
    1. severedskullz
      Author's Response
      I have plans for it. End of the semester has just been complete hell in regards to schoolwork T.T
  5. asus349
    asus349
    5/5,
    this needs to be in game! omfg this mod is koolz
  6. Ferru
    Ferru
    5/5,
    Quite possibly the most useful utility I've seen recently, even with an early stage simplistic UI it provides exactly what it says. Some clever uses with this will be great for creating secure places! If this was to be expanded as it says in your note I could see this becoming very popular among those who do multiplayer.
  7. The | Suit
    The | Suit
    5/5,
    Showoff.
    1. severedskullz
  8. Aurian Runo
    Aurian Runo
    5/5,
    Very useful. and yea I would not mind if it had a better ui for the least but an added output for fail would make things all the more devilish and sweeter. still a great trick for servers so long you don't give the code to anyone sides who you trust. I been toying with this and the admin shield just for laughs
  9. Hibob42
    Hibob42
    5/5,
    Works great, but a better UI and keycards would be great.
  10. snurfli
    snurfli
    5/5,
    Great idea ! :D

Same here, would love to have a nice UI, keycards and a separate output for wrong password :3

This mod has good potential, especially in multiplayer for faction based things like doors, chests...