1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated Wild Things 0.0.8c (Spirited Giraffe)

Become a Survivalist! Setup camp and hunt and gather from new animals and plants plus more!

1. Smoothing out the Gameplay

Armed Mosquito
    Wild Things - #0.0.8b
    This update will start out as bug hunt but depending on the amount of issues found will decide the fate of this version. So this could turn into version #0.0.9 or if there's lots to fix up it will be version #0.0.8b

I continue to prepare the Wild Things Wikia during this update. If anyone would like to help contribute to the wikia shoot me a message on the forums about questions you have or just start at your own pace. See Wikia Tooltip Helper to download. To give a sample of how I will be using the wikia to benefit patch notes I have given a sample to how I can easily link up to items in the update notes that contain much more useful information. Still have to add all the items to the wikia but I have to undergo some category changes before I add a mass collection of items to the wikia - however feel free to add things if you need help you can message me anytime.

I have added a poll while I will try and change each major release of Wild Things to the wikia page voted at the bottom. This update I ask “Would you like a development build released?” . To vote with your answer please visit our new Wild Things Wikia.

Item Changes

Crafting Changes
    • Plant Fibre and the Survivalist Table will now unlock Roll of Twine which can be crafted from the Basic Crafting Menu or Survivalist Table.
    • Crafting a Survival Handbook will now unlock Roll of Twine and Wooden Poles.
    • Survivalist Table will now unlock the Butcher Block Table.
    • Butcher Block Table will now unlock the recipe for a Survivalist Campfire.
    • Unrefined Full wood no longer unlocks Wooden Stake or Notched Wooden Stake.
    • Survival Handbook price has increased to try and push some people out to explore before just crafting to book to unlock things and receive a table without much effort. It will now cost 275 Pixels.
    • Survivalist Table recipe has been removed from the tools section of the Basic Crafting menu.
    • You will be able to create Wooden Poles using light fullwood1.
    • Wooden Stake and Notched Wooden Stake are now unlocked when you obtain a Sturdy Branch.
    • You can now use either a Rotting or Fresh Animal Carcass to create leather scraps. Not the most efficient way as you unlock more recipes but great for players starting up without the proper hunting weapons for harvesting leathers.
    • All Raw Fish will now unlock the Fish Cleaner Table.

Treasurepoool Changes
    • Maple Tree Clones will now drop Maple Syrup and Maple Tree Cut Ends. Of course you can expect to get leaves and twigs from your harvest after all its a tree right.
    • When killing any monster you are now guaranteed a fresh carcass keeping in mind trapping you may still getting a rotting carcass.
    • Wild Sapling Trees now drop more Sturdy Branches but the drop rate remains the same.
    • Mammals will now drop a bit more Chunk of Smelly Meat.
    • Drop rate for Small Game Front Legs has been increased.
    • Fishing loot has been changed around to make more sense. Example using the bow you will no longer miss and catch nothing but always something and its quite rare to catch junk now using a bow to fish.
    • Aloe Vera Plants now drop x2 Aloe Vera Leaves
    • Survival Handbook has been removed from the player ship locker.

Quest Changes
    • You will start the Tutorial Quest Series once creating your first Survivalist Table. The other option is to save up your pixels to unlock the quest Surviving this Universe and receive a Survivalist Table without much effort.
    • Some quest descriptions were a bit out there some have had minor adjustments to their descriptions to be more clear to the reader.
    • Surviving this Universe has new objectives that better guide the player to creating some of the most basic items.
    • Leather on the Tanning Rack reward was a Perfectly Generic Item this has been resolved and you now receive the Bone Skinning Knife for a better leather harvest mele hunt.
    • All items excluding the Tranquilizer Blowgun that started quest at random points of progress have been removed from items to prevent getting stuck when following the Tutorial Quest Series. What happens is you get a quest ahead of the tutorial and when the follow up quest comes up while doing the tutorial you already completed the quest stopping you from going further.

Art Changes
    • Current Clones now have dirt under the current root system.
    • Freshly Cut Ends now have a different appearance to help identify them from clones quicker.

Bug Squash
    Spot a bug while playing the latest version? Report the issue to me before the next update release to help me get a fix out sooner! The following below are bugs that have been corrected.
    • Survival Handbook started the wrong quest!
    • Sapling Clone icon was missing.
    • Maple Trees had no Maple Syrup to harvest.
    • Climbing Rope was appearing twice in the basic crafting menu due to having the incorrect recipe added for the Survivalist Table.
    • The Survival Handbook has been removed from the objects category in Basic Crafting menu.
    • Wooden Poles (fullwood1 aka light colored wood) & Roll of Twine was not being listed under Basic Crafting due to the category being labeled incorrect.
    • Perfectly Generic Item error found in recipe for Bandage with Banana Oil.
    • Survivalist Campfire was not correctly linked with the basic cooking.
    • Chili Seasoning recipe has been fixed now using Sea Salt.
    • Fish had a broken patch that's been resolved, this may have caused your game to crash when killing fish with a bow or in just a random event of killing a Small Fish.

Thanks for reading my notes on the latest update! Hope your enjoying the mod as it shapes up for adding more content!
    ThaOneDon likes this.
Return to update list...