- Development Version -
Would you like to download latest changes, added or removed? This version is great for testing things out as I add or change them but its likely to contain unwanted bugs possible major game breaking bugs if you are still interested check more below.
Download from Dropbox
(or search the archives of older development changes)
Wild Things is not finished, you may encounter some bugs and other things that don't fully work as intended, yet.
Enjoy evaluating Wild Things and if you find issues report here, or want to post feedback!
- Crafting a Survival Handbook in game by pressing "c" from miscellaneous tab will start a Tutorial Quest Series to get all new survivalist ready for the new wild!
- Create an entire camp site from the Camp Craft menu of the Survivalist Table.
- Create a Butcher Block Table for preparing meat and offal parts harvested from the animals.
- Create a Fish Cleaner to clean fish you collect in large quantities but remember the small fish wont produce as much raw fish meat as the bigger guys!
- Every camp site needs a Survivalist Campfire to cook stews, make roast, deep fry, boil, grill, and even create other seasoned ingredients for more advanced recipes! This campfire will give nearby players the new Campfire Spirit Buff also it will keep you and friends warm in dangerously cold biomes!
- Tanning Rack will be needed for preparing leather scraps, and trophy pelts later more options will be introduced for more leather equipment also.
- Smoking Raw Meat Cuts for Smoked Jerky will help you on your adventures but requires a Smokers Rack.
- Hunter Weapons that can do a range of different things to affect your loot such as skinning knifes, and meat harvesting knifes. You will need a Grinding Wheel Table to create many weapon ends however from a variety of materials you find.
- New Plant Life to find on various planet biomes to be used for Plant Craft things such as Herbal Medicines, Survival Kits, and more.
- Introducing Snares, and Traps set your trap to catch animals over time while your out doing other things. Remember a small simple snare wont catch a bear!
- There are over 20 new fishing drops to gather from fish some fish species might even serve other uses!
- Adds 12 Animals that can all be caught for pets that fight on your side!
- Animals will not spawn in any random biome but more accordingly. You will not be finding a Pig in a artic biome anytime soon but you might find a Snow Owl there at night time! Same goes for new plant life.
- Each of the animals have a specific loot tables for different hunter weapons.
- Small, Medium, and Big Game animal sizes will change your harvest size!
Wild Things is a work in progress mod its going to require lots of tweaking before things are working just as I intend so I would love to hear your feedback to help improve the mod.
No bugs reported as of yet for version #0.0.8b
If you found a bug while playing the latest version please report the issues to me in the support thread here.
If its listed above its likely going to be resolved in the next update.
- More animal species Small, Medium, and Big Game.
- Improved Animal AI (they eventually will get new skills, health, etc)
- Trophy Collecting for a Reward System
- More harvestable Plant Species
- New Leather types and Pelts for Leather Equipment Creations
- More Cloth types to be used for Tailoring Creations
- Animals like Sheep you can harvest Wool from without killing them. Shears.
- Improved Consumables (better configured and balanced)
- Improved Crafting Stations (custom interface to fit the final button configuration)
- If possible eventually I would love to create a pet that you can send out to attack optionally, tanks for you, pet status effects, perhaps a entire pet leveling system.
What is WildThings?
Wild Things is a survivalist style mod it aims to bring you familiar elements of the real world for planet survival! It offers you new ways to hunt and gather with purpose. Its a little spice of realism to creatures it introduces to the game and plant species.
The end goal would be to create a mod that makes you truly feel your a survivalist amongst a huge universe using different planet biomes and animal species to help you advance. I would also love to introduce the hunter class to the game by upping the way the pets eventually work with your player. The list goes on so If your into these types of things it might be your type of mod or so I hope!
Is the mod still being developed, should I expect more?
Yes, it certainly is thanks!
Its not a finished mod at all in fact I feel it still needs much attention to make it come together as a full Survivalist mod. I expect to add much new content and even mechanics as development goes on I will first start by making sure the mod has a good stable foundation before building up on it all to avoid changing things in future releases.
If you have feedback for a survivalist mod I would love to hear about them on this mods thread found here.
How do I start using WildThings?
To start using this mod when you enter the game enter your plain crafting menu by pressing "c". Once here find the Survival Handbook you can type this into the search bar to save some time or check the miscellaneous tab of the plain crafting menu.
Is this mod compatible with others?
Shortly put it should be 98% compatible with all other mods.
I have taken just about every step to making things compatible. I tap into many of the default tables and arrays of starbound and add my own new data. There is not really any files that replace things but instead add new or adds new things to old arrays at the end of the list.
If you do happen to spot a compatibility error please let me know I will be sure to resolve it for the next update.
Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.Dismiss Notice
Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
Outdated Wild Things 0.0.8c (Spirited Giraffe)
Become a Survivalist! Setup camp and hunt and gather from new animals and plants plus more!