1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated Weather Plus 1.21

Balanced weather! Implements Starbounds Crystal Rain! Forest/Grassland have no Meteors!

1. dcsk8erboy
    NOTE: This only works for NEW planets. You don't need a new character, but you have to go to a new planet to see these changes!

I balanced the weather more. This still allows for a much large variety or weather on each planet than normal, I just balanced it to make it more realistic.

This implements Crystal Rain into the game too!

They all ahve about a 30-40% chance of Clear Weather. All planets, unless otherwise stated below, can have a chance of any weather, balanced of course!

Meteors now longer ever show up on Forest or Grassland Planets. Grasslands have slightly more clear weather.

Deserts no longer have rain or drizzle, they have Storms, Glowing Rain, Crystal Rain, Meteor Showers and Large Meteors, and Clear of course, It's well balanced.

Asteroid fields have no normal weather, and increased Meteor Showers and Large Meteors, to make it more realistic. They have Glowing Rain and Crystal Rain as well.

Snow Planets have increased chance of snow and ice storms, but lower everything else.

Moons have no normal weathers. Glowing Rain, Crystal Rain, and Meteors.

Arids can have all the weather types, but increased chance of Acid Rain.

Jungles have increased storm chances, but normal everything else.

And the rest of the planets can experience any type of weather in a balanced format.

This will allow more diversity for planets you spend a lot of time on! I found the weather system somewhat boring since on a lot of planets you could only have either Clear and one other kind of weather!
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    Do not include this mod in compilations.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    Do not alter or redistribute the assets included in this mod.
    Naga-Boss and chewfaimau like this.

Recent Reviews

1. Bert John
    Bert John
    3/5,
    Version: 1.21
    Rain's Every minute, Not very balanced tbh...
    1. dcsk8erboy
      Author's Response
      hm, well there is almost a 40% chance for Clear weather, while the other 4-7 different kinds of weather have a 15% chance or less. But since there is only 1 clear, it probably does occur much less. I guess I should rebalance it a little and make it a 50% clear or more, and add the new weather.
  2. Dozer
    Dozer
    5/5,
    Version: 1.0
    Nice work))