1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated Wearable Lights - No more lantern on a stick! 0.3.1

Updated, high-tech options for wearable light

1. Xzereus
    WEARABLE LIGHTS
    v 0.2.1

I got tired of lantern on a stick. And sometimes I want my survival system AND my light. Now I can have it.

HOW TO INSTALL
    1) Download the zip
    2) Unzip the zip
    3) Place the wearable lights folder in <Steam install>\SteamApps\Common\Starbound\mods

NEW ITEMS
    The items from this mod can be crafted at any crafting table.

Portable Furnace
    - Requires 30 Iron bars, 50 coal, 1 Stone Furnace, and 500 pixels
    - Provides 15 Cold protection to user
    - Light is 50% stronger than lantern on a stick and is lightly tinted orange
    [​IMG]

Survival System with Light
    - Requires 20 Durasteel bars, 1000 pixels, and 1 Survival System
    - Light emitted is twice as bright as lantern on a stick and is whiter
    - Still works as a survival system!
    [​IMG]
    Survival System with Light and Heater
    - Requires 20 Aeigsalt bars, 2500 pixels, 1 Survival System with Light, and 1 Portal Furnace
    - Light emitted is twice as bright as lantern on a stick and is whiter
    - Provides 85 Cold protection to user (about 10 less than full snow infantry set)
    - Still works as a survival system!
    - (uses Survival System with Light images for now)​

More to come...

EXHAUSTIVELY TESTED
    Over 15 minutes of testing went into this mod.

PLANNED FEATURES

More items, including a lower tiered item than lantern on a stick. Perhaps even add an extra slot for a light if possible.

BUGS
    Currently, the recipe is tier 1 since there is a bug with higher tiered recipes on existing characters. You still can't make it until you have the necessary durasteel.
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before altering/redistributing any assets included in this mod.

Recent Reviews

1. TheSpiderDungeon
    TheSpiderDungeon
    5/5,
    Version: 0.3.1
    Woah, 15 whole minutes? You really care about quality!
    Joking aside though, this exceeded my expectations. I thought it was a lanternstick replacement, but instead I got all of this!
    I just gestured to all of it.
    You can't see me but I did.
  2. familiaralien
    familiaralien
    5/5,
    I almost want to marry you for making this. My vision isn't so so with the regular lantern on a stick I couldn't see anything. now I can actually explore underground/at night comfortably. A+!
  3. Sun][
    Sun][
    5/5,
    Very useful mod! always wants combined survival system with some source of light, Thanks!
  4. kurisu7885
    kurisu7885
    5/5,
    Version: 0.2.1
    Had to download it again to rate it.

anyway, I am seriously wondering why the survival system didn't have a light in first place. I mean it's a backpack for walking around ins an oxygen free environment. Well done and hopefully Chucklefish adds more and better wearable lights like yours.
  5. Kelgore
    Kelgore
    4/5,
    Version: 0.2.1
    Honestly I feel that it is too bright, my character's face shines when he has it on, which kinda bothers me.
    1. Xzereus
      Author's Response
      I do wish it was a bit less bright. Unfortunately, the lantern on a stick is a "1" for brightness, and the survival system is a "2". I tried experimenting with decimal values (1.5), but they were indiscernible from the 2. It seems that right now you simply have to decide between a 1 with the lantern on a stick which is, in my opinion, not bright enough or a 2 which is just a bit too bright. I will keep playing with the values to see if I can get it less bright, but I think that may require an update from the starbound team.
  6. DragoZeroOne
    DragoZeroOne
    5/5,
    Version: 0.1.2
    Works after the update, thanks. Great mod.
  7. RustRedRobot
    RustRedRobot
    5/5,
    Version: 0.1.2
    Works great after the update, the game definitely needed more lighting options.