Link to the Steam WorkShop
Ever wanted to transfer a weapon's Special Ability to another weapon?
Ever loved the look of a weapon but had to sell or store it because you got a better weapon?
Ever wanted to rename a weapon you got?
If you said yes to any of those questions then this mod is for you!!
The Weapon Fusion Station lets you combine two weapons of the same type.
You get to pick which look & special you want between the two and you can also rename the combined weapon.
Go get your favourite and faboulous weapons back from the dusty shelf you left them in and put them to good use again!!
Overview (how-to use):
- craft a Weapon Fusion station at an Inventor's table with 1 diamond, or 3 for a smaller variant,
- place the station and interact with it,
- You'll need 2 weapons of the same type in order for the fusion to work,
- Some options will appear for you to choose from,
- Pick which options you want from the weapons, wether you'll want the visual from weapon A, the elemental type from weapon B, etc,
- Click the Infuse button and the merged weapon will spawn on the 3rd slot.
- Change the look, elemental type, special ability, primary ability or name of all your weapons
- Works on vanilla generated, crafted and unique weapons (melee, ranged, magic).
-[NEW] Works with all modded weapons!
- Works with mods that add new weapon parts, new abilities and new elemental types
- There is 10% Chance for the Infused weapon to be 1 tier stronger than the weapons placed.(the greater the difference between the weapons levels, the lower the chance)
- randomize look of infused weapon
- rename only
Special thanks to:
- Peelz (author of http://community.playstarbound.com/resources/create-a-friend.3211/) for permission to use his mod as inspiration;
- everyone in the Starbound Modding IRC that helped me solve my lua code errors/bugs/doubts
- Chuckefish for making StarBound
v2.0 - MOD Support
- added support for all weapons from all mods,
- change and cleaned code quite a bit, making it easier to support all mods at same time, might have a few bugs, report them with as much detail as you can (which weapons, from which mods)
- fixed bugs that some people reported, like the incorrect level infusion on a few occasions, and some other that happened during updating,
- added proper support for the Weapon Reinforcer mod, depending on the weapon level and reinforce level of the weapons, the final weapon might lose a few reinforce levels.
- changed the station image
- so focused on fixing violium and adding uniques that i bugged all other xD, all is good now
- added version number to bottom right of GUI
- added support for all vanilla unique weapons that make sense to be infusable (like Solus Katana, Asoterusaberu DX, etc); those with really unique "mechanics/movesets" aren't and won't be supported (like Gnome Gun, Tentacle Gun, Oculus Reaver, Magnorbs, etc)
- added addition failsafe checks to prevent the mod from crashing the game
- fixed bug with small panel not appearing in the inventors table
- fixed bug with all crafted weapons, most importantly the violium one.
- fixed bug with the rarity selection
- fixed bug with the level calculation
- added some more failchecks, it should be pretty much impossible to crash/bug the game using the mod (unless i missed some tiny thing, im human after all )
- it is now possible to transfer some specials attacks from unique weapons to generated ones, it is a one way transfer, you will lose your unique weapon in the process so only do this if all you want is the special, if you want the visual then wait a bit longer please.
- changed the User Interface a bit (weapons with more dps on the left. auto hide checkboxes for unique stuff that cant be transfered yet, switched to checkboxes instead of the X button - thanks V6- )
- added a 2x2 station variant, still crafted at the Inventor's but for 3 diamond instead of 1, original station still costs one.(new icon/sprite in the making)
- Support for all crafted weapons
- Support for all generated weapons
- Support for modded abilities, specials and element types
- added safe checks that prevent unique and unsupported weapons from being infused.
- buffed max % chance of improving level/tier by 1 to 15% when infusing a weapon.(limited time - lasts until next update)
- support for all vanilla generated weapons (melee, ranged, magic)
- initial release
- Mod Pack Permissions:
- You must get the author's consent before including this mod in a compilation.
- Mod Assets Permissions:
- You must get the author's consent before altering/redistributing any assets included in this mod.
Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.Dismiss Notice
Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
Weapon Fusion Station v2.2
Fuses two weapons into one, keeping the best of both worlds.