1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated Wah-Ki (Spirited Giraffe) 0.2 (Tails n' stuff)

Red Pandas in Starbound!

1. Hyko
    [​IMG]

(Props to the AndreasDragon for making the tails look awesome and for just generally being an all around radical bloke
    http://community.playstarbound.com/members/andreasdragon.530150/ )​
    Starbound is an amazing game, but nothing is perfect, and as such they have released update after update without correcting one terrible flaw. Fear not though, I have set out to fix this most heinous oversight! At long last you, yes you, can be an adorably fluffy red panda (er, "Wah-ki") traversing the limitless stretches of space! Yes indeed my fellow space cowboys, at long last, all is well in the world.​

(Note: You will need a race selection extender, if you are already using a custom race just fine you are good, if not: http://community.playstarbound.com/resources/kawas-xbawks-mode-character-creator.81/)

In all seriousness though, this is an early build, it is fully playable but there are a few bells and whistles I have yet to add. To make sure this mod reaches its full potential I am looking for a few people to help out just a little, (I am new to making mods) My chief concern is correcting the currently all black tails to make them ringed, if there is an experienced spriter out there who feels confident enough to do this please contact me.

Future goals (If anyone wants to help me reach any of these goals please contact me):
    ~Add a custom ship A.I~
    ~Custom name generation~
    ~NPC Spawner~
    Stretch Goals (Things I want to do that I WILL need help for):

~Custom ship layout~
    ~NPC Characters~
    ~Fur Coloration options~

~Custom Outfits and Armors~

Anyways, thanks for checking out my mod, let me know what you think, maybe even rate it if you want.

~Hyko [​IMG]
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before including this mod in a compilation.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before altering/redistributing any assets included in this mod.

Images

1. Wah-kiFem.png
    catdogll, Kayuko and haynesy566 like this.

Recent Reviews

1. XanthicDragon
    XanthicDragon
    4/5,
    Version: 0.2 (Tails n' stuff)
    I managed to get it functional, and it's a lot of fun (My friend enjoys it especially). Here's what I posted on Nexus to get it working in the newest version:

WARNINGS:
    My friend did this and his characters got wiped. I did it and mine were fine. Just a fair warning, you MIGHT lose your characters.

PREREQUISITES:
    Get Notepad++ Text Editor. Normal 'ole notepad makes it confusing.

--

Step 1: Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Starbound\giraffe_storage\mods\wah-ki\ai

Step 2: Create a new folder. Name it "portraits"

Step 3: Open an image editor. Create a new image with the dimensions: 486 x 224

Step 4: Save this image as-is (blank) in the portraits folder you just created under the name "myportrait.png"

Step 6: Go back to the "ai" folder, and edit the file "ai.config.patch" with Notepad++

Step 7: Note line 5 ("aiFrames" : "humanAi.png",). Go to the end of that line and press ENTER to create a new line. On the new line, press the TAB key to bump it out.

Step 8: On the new line you just created, paste the following in: "portraitFrames" : "portraits/myportrait.png",

Step 9: Save the file and attempt to launch Starbound. If this does not work, please reply. It worked great for me, and now I can play as a red panda in Starbound Glad Giraffe!
  2. Vyrdaes
    Vyrdaes
    3/5,
    The mod looks fantastic, and I LOVE red pandas... but it's not working as of 9/27. Every time I install the mod and launch the game, it crashes with a 'Fatal Exception' saying it can't get '("completionConditions")'

I hope this gets fixed, soon. I wanna play as a wah. ;A;
  3. Kayuko
    Kayuko
    5/5,
    It haz tails and it iz fluffy. o:
  4. CaptainAces
    CaptainAces
    5/5,
    Version: 2015-06-02
    In short, I really like red pandas, thank you for the mod and keep up the work! (Get to fixing that tail please though.)
  5. Apple Juice
    Apple Juice
    3/5,
    Version: 2015-06-02
    The mod could have more features (clothing, weapons and thingz), but 3 star cause the pandas look dank.
    1. Hyko
      Author's Response
      Clothes and whatnot should be coming soon, in the meantime, thanks for the review! Just for a point of clarity, is dank a good or bad thing? (I am not in with the hip and happening lingo you "kids" use these days *is only 20*)