This mod contains flashing lights and other content that may cause discomfort in people with photosensitive epilepsy.
This mod will also permanently alter your players and universe. It is recommended that you backup your storage folder.
Voided requires TerraLib to function properly. You can find it on the Steam Workshop here: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2230165463 or on Chucklefish Forums here: https://community.playstarbound.com/resources/terralib.6055/. Alternatively, you may search for "terralib" on either of the aforementioned sites.
Voided: Expansion Mod (or simply Voided) is the Extended Story Mod rethought from the ground up. All of Extended Story's post-game content (particularly the elemental biomes, the Bossvault, and the Supervoid) will be reworked with emphasis placed on the exploration of planetary biomes and challenging combat encounters. In addition, the main antagonist of Voided will (eventually) have a clearer presence than in Extended Story. It is currently a work in progress and only features the Ancient Stronghold as well as the Voltage and Toxic Wasteland biomes.
This mod is designed to be primarily a single player experience, but I will note and attempt to fix multiplayer-related bugs.
- A new mission: The Ancient Stronghold
- A new and challenging boss encounter
- Ancient weapons and armor (with a new set bonus), all with a new rarity
- Two new tech
- The Voltage and Toxic Wasteland planet types as well as unique equipment you can get from it
- A new dungeon you can find at the core of Voltage worlds, with a miniboss at the end of it.
- More to come at a later date!
Note: Every biome and mission added by Voided gives vanilla healing items cooldowns (15 seconds for medkits; 30 seconds for nanowraps and bandages). This choice was made to make Voided's combat encounters more challenging but fair.
Installing this mod is straightforward for the most part. Simply follow the download link, download the .pak file or the source code and place it in your "mods" folder.
Since this mod is intended to be post-game, it is recommended that you use an existing tier 6 character. To access the Ancient Stronghold, you must find and unlock its entrance at the edge of an Outsider Star system. Note: You do not need to beat the main story in order to access it.
I recommend turning on Tutorial Messages in the Options menu because Voided adds some tutorial radio messages for the Voltage and Toxic Wasteland biomes.
Supper's Combat Overhaul causes issues with some of the enemies in Voided, especially bosses. However, Voided includes support for More Planet Info and Book of Spirits.
It is compatible with Frackin' Universe and Extended Story.
This mod uses the prefix "v-" in all of its IDs.
All custom sounds in Voided were made in Audacity using Starbound's assets and/or the following sound samples:
- "Lightning Strike" by Turrus on Freesound.org (URL: https://freesound.org/people/Turrus/sounds/242048/).
- "LightningCrash.wav" by NoiseNoir on Freesound.org (URL: https://freesound.org/people/NoiseNoir/sounds/238302/).
- "Lightning Storm.wav" by Ambientsoundapp on Freesound.org (URL: https://freesound.org/people/Ambientsoundapp/sounds/537985/).
- "black-bees swarm.wav" by bruno.auzet on Freesound.org (URL: https://freesound.org/people/bruno.auzet/sounds/578267/).
- "Balloon_Inflate_6.wav" by Terhen on Freesound.org (URL: https://freesound.org/people/Terhen/sounds/234186/).
- "Balloon Pop.wav" by Laumark on Freesound.org (URL: https://freesound.org/people/Laumark/sounds/415125/)
Disclaimer: the authors of these sound samples do not endorse Voided.
I would like to thank Portal Mech and mister gadfly for playtesting and providing feedback for the mod.
I would also like to thank the members on the Starbound Discord for their feedback, advice, and ideas.
Thanks to patman and/or Silver Sokolova for providing a way to display custom messages at the bottom of the screen.
Screenshots were taken using the Steam version of Starbound and mods installed on the Steam Workshop. Additional mods used in screenshots: Stardust Core Lite, Improved Damage Particles, Stack Enlarger SE, Better (C) Pick Ups, Better Action Bar & Icons, Refined Cursors
Feedback describing how your experience was overall will be greatly appreciated. All feedback is to be posted in the discussion section of this mod or as a review on the mod page.
Please report all bugs you encounter in the discussion section of this mod. I especially encourage you to report any multiplayer-related bugs.
Click on one of the screenshots below to view all of them in full.
- Mod Pack Permissions:
- You must get the author's consent before including this mod in a compilation.
- Mod Assets Permissions:
- You must get the author's consent before altering/redistributing any assets included in this mod.
Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.Dismiss Notice
Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
Voided: Expansion Mod (WIP) 0.3.0
Extended Story, rethought from the ground up