1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Valkyrie Profile: Gear of the Destinies 1.2

Become the Valkyrie

1. umar_malik
    umar_malik
    5/5,
    Version: 1.2
    Valkyrie Profile was the best rpg game I've ever played! And this mod just brings back that memories! Ah, such nostalgic! ^_^

Thank you so much for making this mod! Can't wait for Hrist complete set! ^o^)/

PS : The mod works perfectly! I will let you know if there's a bug or any other error \(^o^)/
  2. kiegan1
    kiegan1
    5/5,
    Divine! My favorite game série now on the space! Thanks a lot!!! (*whisper* :"Waiting for Lezard in the future" :3 )
  3. Blacken
    Blacken
    5/5,
    Waiting for the hrist armor <3
    1. AmazonValkyrie
      Author's Response
      Thank you ^_^ I'm hoping to have her finished and the mod tweaked/added to once I've updated my Viera mod.
  4. wather
    wather
    5/5,
    Version: Nibelung Spear Fix
    Very well made mod
  5. Akito_Rui33
    Akito_Rui33
    5/5,
    Tested and working in Stable 1.0.
    A fantastic mod for those who have a nostalgia on Valkyrie Profile.

Pros:
    -Excellent mod. Sticks very close to the design from the original Valkyrie Profile.
    -Beautiful 2D sprites.
    -Excellent special attack animation. The skill in making this mod really shows the author's talent.

As excellent as this mod is, like any mods, it's not without some issues.

Cons:
    (a) Spear of the Nibelung
    -Animation sometimes lags during special attack (Nibelung Valesti).
    -Kinda slow attack speed imo? (or maybe it's just me).
    -Nibelung Valesti is very inefficient. Instead of landing and hitting the target, the special attack distance falls short by miles, and it became a gap closer instead.
    Charging and releasing the weapon special just for closing the gap, allows monster to hit you in the face after that.

(b) The Sylvan Bow
    -The Sylvan Bow is one of my favorite in the original VP.
    The Sylvan Bow's and it's special attack is absolutely gorgeous in this mod.
    However, while its strong in VP, it falls short in Starbound. It's slow, the damage is rather weak, and is easily replaced by a gun.
    Hows so? Because it's rather slow, your trajectory has to be extremely precisely, or you will miss the target. Which is an issue.
    Unlike a gun where you can shoot a bullet after another, the bow can only fire one arrow at a time, after it hits something. Hence the gun seems to be more efficient when compared to the bow.

(c) The Glance Reviver
    -Not tested yet, still waiting for the "custom alt ability" to be implemented in the future before giving feedback.

Overall, this is an excellent and beautiful mod to have.
    While it requires some balancing to do, and some issues for fixing, once resolved, this mod will even shine further.
    I hope you don't mind with the constructive feedback.

I'd rate this a 5/5, over the author's talent and dedication for the mod. I can't wait to see what the author have in stores for us in the future. More VP is always better! \^o^/
    1. AmazonValkyrie
      Author's Response
      Sorry I'm so late at responding to your very kind review. Thank you so very much for your incredible rating and review! I'm very much appreciative of all of your detailed feedback as it helps me to improve upon my work.

The weapons are definitely subject to tweaking, and a continued work as I want them to be even more true to their originals. I'm even aiming to give the Glance Reviver it's trademark freezing ability as an alt, if I can work it out. I will take your feedback to heart when sorting through them. I'll be providing a content update soon, so stay tuned!
  6. AlexVR1
    AlexVR1
    5/5,
    Awesome mod, looks great - especially weapons. Also nice tier system and stats. I was struggling really bad to find matching spear and bow for my character and now i have both! Thank you!
    1. AmazonValkyrie
      Author's Response
      Thank you very much for your stellar rating and review! I'm very glad you're enjoying the mod!
  7. PotatoMaster
    PotatoMaster
    5/5,
    I hate you, now i need always to check this mod for updates xD
    1. AmazonValkyrie
      Author's Response
      lol If only I could post the updates more quickly. Hoping to have one out soon that will improve upon the mod! Thank you for your rating and review!
  8. chikitaya
    chikitaya
    5/5,
    Version: Nibelung Valesti
    About your performance..it is magnificent xd, I love valkyrie profile thx very much for this. what about freiya outfit ?
    1. AmazonValkyrie
      Author's Response
      Lol I was always so scared Freya would say "If things do not improve, I am afraid we are doomed." Thanks for the great review! I'm definitely considering Freya and Her Ether Strike for addition ^_^
  9. HappySchizo
    HappySchizo
    5/5,
    Version: Nibelung Valesti
    The destinies mend rifts in time as man etches fate anew.
    1. AmazonValkyrie
      Author's Response
      Should deny the Divine destiny of destinies. All hope and despair rest on her shining wings ^_^ Thanks for the great rating!! I do hope you're enjoying playing as Lenneth!
  10. Ayesha
    Ayesha
    5/5,
    Version: Divine Assault
    very good!:D
  11. nrre
    nrre
    5/5,
    Version: Divine Assault
    :D
  12. E253MechaShadow
    E253MechaShadow
    5/5,
    Version: 2016-01-28
    I know diddly squat about the source material, but I must say that the spritework looks great. Probably too detailed for the artstyle of Starbound (could use fewer, about 3-4 shades of the same color), but still great.
  13. L3W
    L3W
    5/5,
    Version: 2016-01-28
    I've been looking forward to this mod for a while now. I can't wait to see what you have in store down the road. Amazing job Val! ^_^