1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated [v1.10_3] Vending Machines 1.10_3

Use Pixels to buy various items from Vending Machines

1. Mathew9R
    Vending machines! Your new best friend!

These machines will allow you to use Pixels like in NPC shops but be movable and place-able where ever you like!

Where to find:
    Currently they are located in the 3D Printer but this won't be for long.

Vending Machines Released:
    Vending Machine(Resources)
    Vending Machine(Fast Food)
    Vending Machine(Medicine)
    Vending Machine(Musical)
    Vending Machine(Drinks)
    Vending Machine(TechMods)
    Vending Machine(Desserts)
    Vending Machine(Throwables)
    Vending Machine(Seeds)

Planned machines are as follow:
    Vending Machine(Clothing)
    Vending Machine(Fruit&Veg)
    Quite possibly a machine which allows you to sell the furniture you find in NPC villages/underground dungeons if I find the time.

Enjoy!

NOTICE: If not all items are showing up in the Resource Vending Machine and you have reached tier 10, Please recraft the starmaps and reuse em to gain the items.
    NOTICE2: The TechMods in the "Vending Machine(TechMods)" are out of place because of a glitch within Starbound itself, I can't fix this unless the devs fix it themselves...
    NOTICE3: There might be a small bug which when using the food/drink machines that it's unlocking all the food blueprints, This seems to be on Starbounds end and not mine so hopefully that should be fixed soon by the dev team.
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before including this mod in a compilation.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before altering/redistributing any assets included in this mod.

Images

1. Screenshot_8.png
    2. Screenshot_6.png
    3. Screenshot_5.png
    4. Screenshot_4.png
    5. Screenshot_7.png
    6. Screenshot_6.png
    7. Screenshot_5.png
    8. Screenshot_6.png
    9. Screenshot_5.png
    10. Screenshot_4.png

Recent Updates

1. v1.10_3
  2. v1.10_2
  3. v1.10_1

Recent Reviews

1. asus349
    asus349
    5/5,
    Version: 1.10_3
    yaa... oh crap i ran out of money :\
  2. nekohead
    nekohead
    5/5,
    Version: 1.10_2
    Fantastic mod, best for testing
  3. mineries12
    mineries12
    4/5,
    Version: 1.10_2
    This mod seems awesome,but there is a bit too much variety which makes it MORE AWESOME!
  4. Mercs In Boxes
    Mercs In Boxes
    5/5,
    Version: 1.10_1
    Great mod! Looking forward for the new update!
  5. JUST N.O
    JUST N.O
    5/5,
    Version: 1.10_1
    really good could you make two versions a cheat one aswell maybe?
    1. Mathew9R
      Author's Response
      If there isn't a "Too Many Items" MOD for Starbound already, I will consider it.

But for now the only way you can get the stuff is by using pixels.
  6. Doluto
    Doluto
    4/5,
    Version: 1.10
    I've been looking for a mod like this for a while now. It's an awesome concept, but the artwork could use some more detail. If you want help, or want somebody to do them for you, I can help:)
    I love doing pixel art.
    1. Mathew9R
      Author's Response
      I guess it's a start :P

I'll keep that in mind, Thanks.
  7. Mushie
    Mushie
    4/5,
    Version: 1.09
    I'm looking forward to using this mod, but i won't yet. I really like your idea to make them randomly spawn, could you give me a PM (if you remember to) when they become random gen stucture (maybe also make them possible chest loot)? That'd be great, keep the good work up, I'll use it as soon as that function is added.
    Also, maybe make extra folders inside the Zip which will allow you to choose which vending machines you want, incase you only want ingot or throwing or maybe just food ect.
    1. Mathew9R
      Author's Response
      Will do :)
  8. Red Who
    Red Who
    4/5,
    Version: 1.08
    Excellent mod, works exactly as stated. A couple of complaints, though:
    I noticed that when I had installed the mod I had access to blueprints I hadn't before, mainly food recipes and bars which are smelted at the Metalworks Station using coal.
    It also feels out of place being able to make the vending machines on hand. I don't know if you plan on keeping it that way, but they seem like they'd be much more at home at the Robotic Crafting Table or 3D Printer.
    Finally, as a suggestion for an additional vending machine: Throwables! Grenades, spears, shuriken, bombs, ect ect.
    Keep up the good work, I'm looking forward to the finished mod.
    1. Mathew9R
      Author's Response
      Thanks for the feedback :)

Let have a look now, It seems that having most(if not all) the food in the vending machines is causing the game to unlock every food blueprint out there(I have no idea how it happened), Maybe this might be a bug with Starbound itself and not my mod... Shame really =/

Secondly, They won't be craftable for long, I might move em to the 3D printer or just make em randomly spawn in worlds like everything else does(E.G. Like the tent and bandits).

And finally, That machine is now planned for the next update :P Thanks for the suggestion.
  9. BitHorizon
    BitHorizon
    5/5,
    Version: 1.07
    Very nice! Sprites are pleasant to look at AND are functional. No problems that I can see here.
  10. Piguhz
    Piguhz
    4/5,
    Version: 1.05
    1. Mathew9R
      Author's Response
      Glad you liked it :)

Just watched it and I agree with the balancing, Just a pain to get it right.

If I get around to testing it, Resources should hopefully be limited to each sector like in the vanilla game.