1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated UUID Log 0.1.0

Starbound Server Mod to Log Player UUIDs

1. Seriallos
    uuidlog
    Starbound Server Mod to Log Player UUIDs

Tested with Angry Koala

Produces the following log line to help map players to UUIDs:

Info: UUID Log: <Seriallos> (32a3dc1eef39131740a1d6b559b80031)
    Warning: This should work as a server-only mod since it does not create/modify any items or other assets. It has not been extensively tested.

Install
    Drop into your Starbound server's mods/ directory and restart the server.

Why?
    I built this as a hacky stopgap for CommandStar. When I wrote this, there was no other way to map player to UUID as an external process. The purpose is to be able to know which .clientcontext files on the server map to which player so that I can determine nearly real-time location information to use for various features inCommandStar.

How?
    This mod adds a Lua script to various monster types. When the monsters load, they query for any nearby players. If one is found, the player's name and UUID is logged using world.logInfo and the data is stored in the global math table.

This will happen once per world thread so it will be emitted many times in a play session. At the moment, I don't believe there is any true global storage so this is the best I could come up with.