1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Useful Pets 1.4.2

Make pets a little more useful, without making them overpowered. Even without a collar!

1. Psieonic
    Makes pets not suck! Or at least, suck a little less. :)

Make pets a little more useful and a little more durable, without making them overpowered or a replacement for crew members. This mod primarily introduces a few tweaks to the way the pet's maximum health is scaled, as well as granting them a minor amount of health regeneration (which also scales) so you aren't having to run to (or carry) a pet healing station between every fight.

If you're playing on a server that isn't running this mod, it should still work fine, but the inventory UI will still show your pet's defence instead of its maximum hp. If you have access to /admin, you can verify this in /debug with the ~[Pet Stats] debug lines, or just watch your pet's HP to see if it regenerates any hitpoints.

Full list of changes:-

- Pet's health scales more aggressively with player's bonus health from armour: petBaseHealth + (playerMaxHealth - 100) * 4
    - Pets now have a small amount of health regeneration, based on the player's bonus health from armour: (playerMaxHealth - 100) / 20
    - Pets now always have a minimum amount of bonus health and regen, as if you had 10 bonus health.
    - Damage Collar Augments I, II & III have all been buffed to +20%, +50% and +80% bonus damage (from +15%, +30% and +45%)
    - Light Collar Augments have had their effect increased to level 2, identical to the EPP Light II Augment (from level 1)
    - Player UI graphic changed to for pets to show "VIT" instead of "DEF"
    - Player UI now shows the pet's "Vitality" (max health) instead of defence (which is always the same as the player's)
    - Repair pet's Capture Pod portrait by placing it into a Pet Tether.

Version 1.1 Fixes:-
    - Pets will no longer have negative health regen if you have less than 100 HP, defaults to having regen as if you had 110HP as a minimum.
    - Mod Priority has been set to -100, to avoid replacing UI mods. This may cause issues if you use any other pet mods however.

Version 1.4.2 Fixes:-
    - Capturing pets works again!
    - BONUS: Broken portraits on a pet's Capture Pod can now be repaired by putting them into a Pet Tether. (Original code from Frackin Universe)
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    Anyone can alter/redistribute the mod's assets without the author's consent.
    Eralia and qs820 like this.

Recent Reviews

1. ossamaka
    ossamaka
    5/5,
    Version: 1.1
    thx bro you help me a lot
  2. GeckoKapa
    GeckoKapa
    4/5,
    Version: 1.1
    u can possible to show a bar life over the pet? for more like when the pet its about to "die" u can rescue it to evade use the pet healing station or let it recover self witouth keep the inventory opened to see his situation? will be great if u can that
  3. Avianiel
    Avianiel
    5/5,
    Version: 1.0
    Thx for balancing things.
  4. The Hawk 2210
    The Hawk 2210
    5/5,
    it is what i need i have a pet hate for the healing stations so some thing like this is a must have for everyone
  5. Mooncalf99
    Mooncalf99
    5/5,
    The title is accurate; I caught a Poptop and it provided excellent backup. At the same time it did get hurt from fights and I had to call it back, so it's not massively overpowered.

5/5, very balanced, would dl again.