1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Unofficial Modding Ebook 2.0 SB v1.05 [ Ebook v2.2a ]

Learn to make mods for Starbound 1.0

1. kyleetehkitty
    kyleetehkitty
    5/5,
    Version: [SG]1.2a
    I have only been playing around with mods for the past week or so, and found this guide today. This really helped answer a lot of questions that were either to vague when answered in the modding forum, or I had pondered myself while diving into the depths of the games file structures.

Really grateful on the chunk about patches.

Thanks for all the work put into this!
  2. Marley
    Marley
    5/5,
    thnx !!!perfect tool
  3. haynesy566
    haynesy566
    5/5,
    Honestly thank you SO SO much for this, its the best way for the modding community to really get some new content. I cant wait to perfect my modding using this guide to help with it. Thanks so much!!
  4. adi_a12
    adi_a12
    5/5,
    nice guide...
    its help me to create mod, thank you very much....
  5. Weedle
    Weedle
    5/5,
    This is the quintessential guide for begining modders for Starbound!

I can't thank you enough.
  6. doctortee
    doctortee
    5/5,
    Version: [SG]v1.1
    Beautiful. Just beautiful...
  7. LoPhatKao
    LoPhatKao
    5/5,
    Great information to have available in one easy package. Needs some spelling and grammar fixes, but thats just my ocd :D Love all the information on Giraffe's patch system.. it can do things that I had no idea were possible. Keep up the great work swat!
    1. The | Suit
      Author's Response
      Honestly if you find any such mistaKes just post the corrections in the discussion thread. Takes a a lot of time for me to do a grammar \ spelling pass through the doc. Just provide original sen + pg number + correc. Also thanks
  8. Anfalas
    Anfalas
    5/5,
    This is an excellent read for new, experienced and returning modders alike. I've learned a lot about patching files, amongst other things.
  9. RatixFarrence
    RatixFarrence
    5/5,
    Version: 2015-05-21
    A great reference tool for those starting out. Maybe with this, I can get some local friends interested in modding Starbound!
  10. Nate McCloud
    Nate McCloud
    5/5,
    Very helpful to modders both new and experienced!
  11. Retr0
    Retr0
    5/5,
    Informative. 10/10 -IGN
  12. Devani
    Devani
    5/5,
    Thank you for helping out new Starbound modders! I even learned more about patch files, I appreciate it.
  13. Meteor_Strike
    Meteor_Strike
    5/5,
    Looks good to me! Looking forward to the next chapters!