1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

UniGen - Modular Universe Generation Overhaul 1.1

A more interesting universe

1. Markelius
    UniGen is a series of mods that re-imagines the way the Starbound universe is generated. With all the modules of UniGen installed, you will be able to do things like tear down ancient gates, dig endlessly into a planet to find a massive core, jump high in low gravity on smaller worlds or struggle with higher gravity on larger worlds, find new systems such as the common Binary Star systems, or illusive Accretion Disks of Black holes.

UniGen includes a number of modules, they are designed to be compatible with each other, yet do not require each other to function. It is possible to pick and choose, something I thought was important for a mod which has subject matter that stretches so broadly.

These are the modules currently included in UniGen:

• Asteroids Overhauled:
      A simple module, makes asteroid fields have zero gravity and spawn massive amounts of all ores in the game. It's easy picking, but you'd better bring something to tether yourself.
    • Build on Ancient Gateways
      Does what it says, lets you tear down or build on Ancient Gateways. It also darkens the lighting in space station worlds and makes them much larger so you can build a space station around them.
    • Larger Worlds and Diverse Gravity
      Makes the worlds a similar size to as they were in Starbound v. Enraged Koala. Now planets go much further down, and huge planets can spawn which have a width of 16000 blocks. It also makes gravity vary depending on the planet size, smaller worlds will have lower gravity yet larger ones will have higher gravity.
    • Minimum Threat Levels
      Changes the tier system in the game. Now instead of a forest planet only spawning at tier 2, tier 2 will be it's minimum tier, and forest planets will spawn at higher tiers (up to tier 6) as well. This goes for all planets in the game. Vanilla tier 6 planets can only spawn at tier 6.
    • Numbered Threat Tiers
      Created to make the game less confusing using the Minimum Threat Levels module, simply adds a tier name to the threat descriptions, for example, "Low" is now called "T1 - Low".
    • Rare Systems
      Adds a number of interesting new systems to find. These include Rogue Planets with no parent star, Brown Dwarfs, or failed stars, with only cold planets orbiting, White Dwarfs, stars which are late in their lifetime, Blue Supergiants, Neutron Stars, and Accretion Disks of Black Holes (incredibly rare).
    • Starclasses
      A resurrection of ohgoditburns/sir_cuitry's original mod. This module renames stars from things like "Frozen Star" to real Harvard Stellar Classes such as "Class A Star". It also rearanges the systems so different planets will spawn based on their distance to their parent star.
    • SystemNames
      Just a fun little mod, it adds a number of system names to the list and removes some names and suffixes I thought were dumb or redundant. Open up the patch files with a text editor if you're curious. This one, as well as the rest, are optional.
    So, dig in and enjoy! I hope there's something in here for everyone. :)

Companion mods (compatible with UniGen and add to the experience):
    Radiant Worlds by Mackinz
    Moon Overhaul by Reika (Steam only, sorry GoG owners :( )
    Extra Dungeons by The Observer
    More Saplings by KateIsLost

For Frackin Universe users:
    I don't play with Frackin Universe, but according to forum user bluesaka111, the following UniGen modules are compatible with Frackin Universe:
    • UniGen Asteroids Overhauled
    • UniGen Build on Ancient Gateways
    • UniGen Rare Systems
    • UniGen Star Classes
    • UniGen System Names
    Feel free to test on your own and post any findings in the discussion thread!

(screenshots below)
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before altering/redistributing any assets included in this mod.

Images

1. Accretion Disk System.png
    2. Asteroid 0-G.png
    3. Asteroid Info.png
    4. BinaryStar Map.png
    5. BinaryStar System.png
    6. Blue Supergiant Map.png
    7. Blue Supergiant System.png
    8. BrownDwarf Map.png
    9. BrownDwarf System.png
    10. Huge World.png
    11. Neutron Star Map.png
    12. Neutron Star System.png
    13. RedGiant Map.png
    14. RedGiant System.png
    15. RedGiant System2.png
    16. Varied Lush.png
    17. WhiteDwarf Map.png
    18. WhiteDwarf System.png

Recent Updates

1. 1.1 Oceans Fix
  2. modpage info update

Recent Reviews

1. UrWrstN8Mare
    UrWrstN8Mare
    4/5,
    Version: 1.1
    Good, but can you make a separate mod for the diverse gravity because i dont like larger planets
  2. SkyeTheTerribleBeastie
    SkyeTheTerribleBeastie
    4/5,
    I've ran into many incompatibility issues, HOWEVER: what I've ran into, works. Does what it says on the tin.
    DO NOT RUN WITH FRACKIN' UNIVERSE. (Until it's patched for compatability, that is.)
  3. Fat3AndDestiny
    Fat3AndDestiny
    5/5,
    Uno de los mejores mods que he visto
  4. blackknight200
    blackknight200
    5/5,
    Only 5 Stars
  5. cez.exe
    cez.exe
    5/5,
    i installed the UniGen full thing and it all worked.

Also i discovered an extremely rare system called ''Isis fetch'' Hahahahhaha i fell from my chair when i saw it.
  6. thestrong
    thestrong
    5/5,
    keep up the good work and great mod my friend
  7. hellenicshaco
    hellenicshaco
    5/5,
    Nice!
  8. TheRealSuperr
    TheRealSuperr
    5/5,
    This mod is amazing! I love how compatible it is with FU and I'm so glad I found it
  9. hellenicshaco
    hellenicshaco
    5/5,
    Version: 1.0
    Nice!!! :P
  10. KingTomato
    KingTomato
    5/5,
    Version: 1.0
    Its amazing. I've always thought of a black hole solar system. I always wanted a starbound mod which adds more than just a frozen, fiery and stereotypical stars like that. FU fulfilled it with dying, red, blue black stars and binary. But this adds black holes and neutron stars. Amazing. Great research too! But. a problem is. I cant find any dwarfs. giants or such. all i find are small vanilla planets. FU planets and rogue planets. Are the giants and dwarfs rare or?
    1. Markelius
      Author's Response
      Yeah, they're extremely rare, probably more so if you're running FU. You aren't supposed to find dwarfs or other star systems very often, they extremely rare in real life after all!