1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Turn Off FPS limiter 2017-10-03

Makes fps unlimited

1. makasouleater69
    Turns of the FPS limiter. Mind you, this game is different then most, basically it just speeds the game up a lot, but if you have a 144hz monitor, it might be what you wanted.
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    Anyone can alter/redistribute the mod's assets without the author's consent.

Recent Reviews

1. neoshifter39
    neoshifter39
    5/5,
    Version: 2017-10-03
    Hey is there a chance you know how to make it NOT speed up the game? when i installed it everything really smooth, because my monitor has a 144hz 1ms refresh rate, but this mod makes it 144 fps, (i like that) but it seems how it achives this is it speeds up the game to x2 or x3 speed. how do i fix this?
  2. ZerotheKitsune45
    ZerotheKitsune45
    5/5,
    Amazing Mod!!! Though, do you have any good MaxFrameSkip and updateTrackWindow recommendations?
  3. Ranmaul
    Ranmaul
    5/5,
    Thank you so much for this great mod.It really speeds up my gameplay the lag I had before is now reduced nad i dont have to play through stop motion.

Amasing Mod,I really Love it. :D
    1. makasouleater69
      Author's Response
      You are welcome, I wanted that since I started playing this time, and none of the old methods worked. I will admit though, I am not 100 percent sure to the t what I did, other than the results were no fps cap. I don't understand the terms, only that I saw the old method how they did it, and found those terms in the new structure and changed it.

Here are the changes if you want to tweak it to your liking.
      "maxFrameSkip" : 0,
      "updateTrackWindow" : 0,

It seems to be Maxframeskip, and updatetrackwindow does it.
      Original is this.

"maxFrameSkip" : 2,
      "updateTrackWindow" : 0.5,
      "windowTitle" : "Starbound"

at line 112 in notepad++